Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Girly or Manly Workouts???

Banned Read only

Girly or Manly Workouts???

Hi Ladies,

I Hope, I'm posting in the right section. Obviously, fitness plays a big part in most of our lives. I was wondering as Cross Dressers do you prefer to do workouts that are targeted for women I.E. Aerobics, Ballet, Pilates, Belly Dance, Light Weights or more Manly Workouts I.E. Heavy weights, boxing, Fighting? From day one I've ALWAYS Preferred to do workouts target for women and have ALWAYS been inspired by what the ladies had on.

Geoff AKA Lady G the Exercise Video Queen

At my club, cardio is gender neutral. Everyone uses them. Treadmills, ellipticals, bikes, stair climbers, etc...

Banned Read only
    LeotardMan/Geoff,

I walk the dog twice a day it keeps everything in trim for me and I can do it in drabe or dressed , so I don't have a problem .

My goto exercise is swimming and biking, seem rather gender neutral.
    Please call me Jamie, I always_have crossdressed, I always will, "alwayshave".

Runner for the past 40 years, spinning, weights. Workouts these days, as someone pointed out, are gender neutral. When I was growing up in the 60's women just did not do those things. Society has changed in that way for the better. I have no problem taking a barre class, pilates, etc. To me maintaining my health is a priority regardless of perceived gender appropriateness.

I run for my workouts for cardio. I also lift weights but do so with lighter weights now that I'm approaching 70 I intend to increase the running a little and do 5ks. I've found if I can keep my legs strong and may arms the work on the farm and my hunting are easier to do. We are on diets and I'm actually maintaining my high school football playing weight of 204. I'm not as speedy as I was then but good calves and arms with the cardio looks good good with panty hose and short skirts.

I walk (almost) every day.
    Walkers that I see are pretty evenly divided between men and women.

I go to the gym 2-3 times a week, and do a one or two sets of medium heavy weights (e.g. I bench press my body weight eight reps and one set) at about twenty different machines, and then finish off with a half hour of Cardio. If I had to describe it in gender terms I'd probably call it a Middle-aged Person Unisex Common Sense Workout. I belong to a huge Planet Fitness gym with pin selector weight machines for every exercise from Calf-raises to Shoulder presses, Lats-machines, Crunch-machines, et cetera, to Tread mills, Ellipticals, and Stationary Bikes, and the membership is probably about 50-50 male and female, and both genders use the machines about equally. The PF Chain discourages serious weight-lifters, the kind who do bench presses with 400 pounds of free weights, and squats with 700, so those types go to a different gym (called the Iron Works) which is probably about 90% guys in ripped-sweatshirts, neoprene knee braces, and headbands. There are definitely two different cultures, and with my slender physique, shaved torso, arms and legs and ponytail, I don't think I'd feel comfortable at the Iron Works. I wouldn't feel threatened, just wouldn't feel like I was one of the people who "belonged."

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    When I got serious about Sherry's figure I quit my gym. Weights and machines that accentuate my arm and leg muscle definition aren't fem!

Now, I do a serious of crunches and stretching excersizes every morning!
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

I too exercise on stationary bike every morning before breakfast, this is where its most beneficial. Also I walk quite a bit when I have time.

In the last year, I lost 25 lbs and went down 2 dress size. Now I am at my perfect weight and feel great.
    Wanting something is a fantasy which on a long time period clouds your mind and makes you think you need it.

Rayleen

Gold Member Read only Rachael Leigh's Avatar
    I mix my workouts, treadmill to my pool, and waking in my local park and I always do it in ladies workout gear

Silver Member
    I do barre classes and pole dance classes as a male but wearing women's leggings and a tank for barre and women's booty shorts and tank for pole dancing (only guy in both, except for one of the barre studios and I have gone to many studios) I have felt welcomed at all of them.

I really like the challenge to do the moves just like the women in the classes do, with toe points and grace.

I do a ton of cardio, an stretches designed to loosen the hip and tighten the butt along with stretches to elongate the calf and thigh muscles. Since I work out at home it is 100% women's active wear. I have ventured out a few time on the bicycle dress just before dark here lately, its the only time it is cool enough to go out and work out.

Queen of Chinatown jennifer0918's Avatar
    I try to keep it simple, being I'm a work in progress, under construction. I go heavy on squats,the lower body always heavy. Upper body light weight lots of reps. And of course cardio running, elliptical, and stair master.

Since I had both my hips replaced almost a year ago I have been rucking 5 miles two times a week and yoga.
    I have dropped 26 lbs.

When I was younger I did “a lot” of exercise, mostly triathlon oriented plus around 200 push-ups per day.

I’m older now, and my body reminds me of the abuses handed to it during my army time, so I exercise a lot less. I do yoga twice a week and walk the dogs every day. And have recently started trying to build up my various glutes to develop my hips and bum.

Michelle

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    I do tai chi so its for both.

30 minutes cardio for my girl personality followed by weights for my boy personality
    See all my photos, read many stories of my outings and my early days at
    http://rachelsauckland.blogspot.co.nz

I do Girly workouts and bust exercises.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

Girly workouts with gym ball and other pilates accessories; jog and swim are girly too in CD apparel.
    I liked the moves shown on YT channel strengthengine, but it seems to have been emptied recently. There were many short clips, most with only body weight, some with gym ball or step or recline bench, and a few ones with a cable station. Hopefully, I had downloaded all video and instruction text, so if somebody wants them, I can share an archive.

My workouts are a combination of male & female. I built them around physical therapy for both my shoulder (rotator cuff) and lower back (bulged disc)

I try to do one of those every morning 5 days a week. One exercise program is geared to females and I've reduced the amount of weight lifting I do. I'm don't want to build up my upper body, just keep it toned.

On top of that I'm taking 3 ballet classes a week and hoping to finally perfect my pirouette!

I am certainly not interested in lifting weights and building bulky muscles, so you won't find me in the free weights section of my gym except for a very few exercises. I tend to focus on muscle tone and a strong core as well as aerobic exercise. By the way Pilates is an excellent set of exercises and done right it is very hard work.
    You make a good point about ladies wearing interesting gym clothing. They almost always look well turned out for the gym and make sure they wear matching colors. Meanwhile, over in the grunts section anything goes and it looks pretty sloppy.

Crossfit here, same exercises done by both sexes, just different weights.

It does lead to some muscle bulk (not as much as weight lifting), but it's worth it for me. In my case I am a man for all the important things in life, so will strive to be the best man I can be both mentally and physically.

I'd be lying if I said I didn't do reverse leg lifts to make my bootie bigger every morning after my run...

Silver Member
    Linda, how do you dress for ballet? In barre class, I particularly enjoy those which involve common ballet positions and when we go to relive and the emphasis on very straight legs and pointed toes.