Thread: HRT and public transition at eight months

HRT and public transition at eight months

Today I had my eight month endocrinology check up, so I thought it is a good time to share what I have experienced. When my doctor asked how I was, I could hardly contain my delight and appreciation of her participation in my transition. I am in a place of joy and freedom in my spirit that I could not have imagined years ago. My response physiologically to HRT is for me nothing less than awesome. My breasts, hips, butt, and cheeks all express a female physiology that gives me the confidence to be public. I am becoming a beautiful trangender woman, much to my surprise and satisfaction. I realize that I am one of the lucky ones when it comes to changes from HRT. Along with HRT I have been in intensive therapy for one year, plus I moved to a more accepting type of spirituality rather than a judgmental religion. The combination of all this has given me a deep joy and freedom to be myself, to be a confident, outgoing woman in private and in public. I move through the day with a delight in my spirit, I love to look people in the eye and smile! I am pleased to report that in these last eight months, I have not had one negative public experience. People smile back at me! However, I have had quite a few negative experiences from friends and clients that would categorically reject me, mostly for religious reasons, and told me so. Two years ago this would have devastated me and reinforced my own self condemnation, today I see clearly that it is their problem and not mine.

I am being drawn deeper into this life changing process called transition. I realize now more than ever before that I was truly born transgender. When I told my psychiatrist fifty years ago, after a complete collapse at 19 years of age, that I wanted to be woman and hated my genitals, that those were entirely my own words. I had never heard them before, there was no internet or forum back then.

I am deeply grateful that I have been allowed to experience the answer to my life of emotional turmoil and self hate, even if it comes in the last chapter. Thanks to the progress in psychology, medicine, and social acceptance, I am being set free to be my true self. For me, transition is giving me my life back!

What a beautiful and wonderful post. Thanks for sharing and congratulations.

Aspiring Member
    Hi Dorit,
    I am very happy for you, really.
    Katya
    Last edited by Rianna Humble; 08-19-2018 at 10:48 AM. Reason: I'm sorry, there are absolutely no exceptions to the English only rule

Dorit, that is wonderful news! Wishing you all the best! Hugs Lana Mae
    Life is worth living!
    "Foxy lady! You look so good!!" Jimi Hendrix

Dorit,

Bravo! Your post has had a powerful effect on me, just two months in on HRT and not a lot of visible progress yet, either physically or socially...you are a shining beacon to many of us, and do you ever deserve good things to happen to you after all these years!!

Nice post Dorit.
    Your posts are always full of Joyce and jubilous.
    Thanks for it, I'm experiencing really happiness too. My life is really in balance, slowly transitioning day by day with my wife at my side.
    HRT 042018; Full time 032019
    Orchiectomy 062020; gender& name legal changed 102020
    Electrolysis face begins 082019, in genitals for GCS 062021
    Breast augmentation surgery 012022
    GCS 072022; BBL 022023; GCS revision 04203;END TRANSITION

Aspiring Member
    Dorit,
    I concur with Allie's response below.

Best wishes and know that your post provides encouragement to me (and I suspect others).

Utah, north of West Jordan, south of North Salt Lake & west of South Salt Lake
    Dorit,
    Your post is astonishingly positive and encouraging to anyone who reads it. I feel better about my path now than I did before reading about your progress. My wishes for you are a continuation of all the positive aspects and a steady reduction in anything negative. peace
    Sarah
    Being transgender isn't a lifestyle choice. How you deal with it is.