Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Another neighbour sees me dressed

Another neighbour sees me dressed

The weather as for so many has been unbearably hot so over here any gardening has to wait till late in the day or very early in the morning, yesterday was one of those days but the heat had gone off a bit so I went outside of my garden to do some tidying up at the base of the hedge. My neighbours at th end of my lane know and have seen me dressed except their adult daughter, so just as I stood up with a handfull of weeds and began to walk towaeds the end of my lane to collect some more Eloise (the daughter) walked across the end of the lane about 50yards away from me.
    She would have had have bee blind not to notice that I was dressed in a short skirt and had breasts and a skirt. She called out cheerfully hello and I replied with a smile and a wave.
    It was just a brief moment between the two of us but a lovely one for me as well because here was finally the last of my neighbours with full knowledge of me dressing, seeing me dressed and accepting me for what and who I am.
    I started life a lost man now I am a found woman

Good for you, Bobbi! I know the neighbors have seen Lana Mae but not close enough or timed right for conversation! Maybe someday! Hugs Lana Mae
    Life is worth living!
    "Foxy lady! You look so good!!" Jimi Hendrix

Lana Mae, Thank you,
    It sure makes life easier being out in the open with everything instead of hiding behind closed doors or within my secluded garden.

Bobbi all my neighbors know about me so going about my life in whatever mode I feel at the time is a large burden lifted. The ones that don't like it, it's their problem not mine, no more hiding and living behind closed blinds and curtains. So much more fun gardening in a skirt, full top and a sun hat.
    "you are a strange species and there are many out there;shall I tell you what I find beautiful about you ,you are at your best when things are at their worst" ...[ Starman]
    It may of course be a bit disturbing to sense that one is really not so firmly anchored to the gender one was born into.

Alisa,
    You are so right it is a burden in a way and one I have been sheading for a good long while now being able to go about ons own business without a care or worry in the world makes a whole load of a difference.

All of your stories are an inspiration, both for those who are in the process of being more public, because they show what is possible with acceptance, and those who may never be public, because they give them something to dream about. Thank you for sharing!

Sami
    My new blog: The Crossdresser Report
    https://crossdresserreport.com/

Sami,
    Thank you for your kind words, its taken me 3 or so years to get this far in my life, there are a few hurdles more to jump over, shops and bars that have only seen the drab side of me but that will change soon I am sure and I will share my experiences with everybody as well.

Just keep up what you are doing, living your life as best that you can. Take the next step when you are ready, not when us here may think you should move quicker. Positive experiences are so reinforcing regarding what we are doing, and are not wrong when we know what we are doing. Congratulations and enjoy. It really is wonderful when we really just don't care what others may think, so liberating!

I think I have got this far because I took things slowly, not wanting to upset my neighbours in any way but as it has turned out they are all very nice, which means such a lot to me and makes for a easy way of life as well without thinking " who is going to see me and what will they think" I had that thought in my early days, why i worried then I know not! but here I am.

Banned Read only
    Bobbi,
    No one left to duck and dive round now it is a lovely feeling , you may be surprised how far this news travels ! I have met dog walkers who know but I've never spoken to , I'm sure the word has spread among my neighbours but so far no one has stopped to make conversation when I'm in my front garden , as Lisa says it's now their problem and not mine .
    Shops and bars shouldn't be a problem , once you've broken the ice there is a reluctance to go back to drab , I'm trying to stick to going out in my new town dressed , I'm more or less 100% now . As you may see from my supermarket thread I forgot about school holidays and battled my way through kids pushing shopping trolleys everywhere !

Gold Member Read only Rachael Leigh's Avatar
    Going out my front door checking the mail or just coming back from being out en full fem mode is becoming more common
    for myself as well. I really have no idea what the neighbors have seen and I’ve yet to actually encounter one so I’m not sure
    how they feel but yes I just have to be me.
    Bobbie I’m glad it’s getting easier for you and your confort level is better

Platinum Member
    Hi Bobbi , It is quite possible that Eloise already knew about (Bobbi). >Orchid ..00..
    Having my ears triple pierced is AWESOME, ~~......

I can explain it to you, But I can't comprehend it for you !

If at first you don't succeed, Then Skydiving isn't for you.

Be careful what you wish for, Once you ring a bell , you just can't Un-Ring it !! !!

The younger ones have good eyesight and eat plenty of carrots.

Oh! well.

Another one bites the dust.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

Rachel, Thank you comfort is what it is all about in many respects, yes that is where I am now, comfortable
    Teresa, Yes not my problem but the last thing I want to happen is to come up against any hostility or something like that, that would bother me for a bit.
    Blue Orchid, Yes you are probably right Eloise already knew after all her father (Dominic) has seen me dressed and still he grets me nicely.
    Beverly, A good thought indeed! also in this very rural part of France pretty much everybody has a vegetable plot of some sort or other and yes carrots are high on the list of produce they grow! As you say another bites the dust, there is nobody else close by who has not seen me dressed so my imediate sense of freedom is now complete.

Worst mistake I made was getting to know some of the neighbour socially as a man....makes life so much harder as my wife gets in with their wives etc.....
    Those that I don’t know I care not a jot about....but I am always super wary about the ones we will end up a BBQ with sooner or later..

All my neighbours knew me as I was before but my now ex was to a degree a bit antisocial what she did not realise is that in a small hamlet you have to be friendly with them and if something happens you know that one of them will help when my ex left I made it a point to get to know my neighbours also it gives me the chance to improve my French. It did not seem to be such a culture shock at alll to see me going about my business dressed, acknowledging them whenever I saw them, treating them just the same except now they see me dressed and treat me just the same as before.

Banned Read only
    Bobbi,
    Perhaps in rural France they think CDing is normal in the UK , so they accept you more , well if we drop in they certainly will think it's true !

As a matter of interest have you met any French CDers , are there any social groups ?

Teresa,
    I found out last June that there is an expat CD'er not 5 Km I have yet to find her/him. As for support groups if there was a French one I would be a bit at a loss for the language as for an English CD support group I would have to put out an advert and see what falls from the sky.

My neighbors have mostly seen me dressed, from a small distance. Some have chatted with me while wearing my forms, which are too noticable to overlook. But I worry about one couple with a 1-1/2 year old, how opposed they might be to having him exposed to me, so I generally stay at a distance when he is out. Only time will tell.

Barbara,
    I would not worry too much in one respect a couple of years ago my niece sent over for me a lovely bouquet of flowers when the florist arrivd I was and had been dressed all day it must been a school day off because she had her little boy with her he must have been about 6-7 and spent the entire time whilst I was signing for the flowers gazing up at my me whether it was because of me dressed or me being so tall compared to him his mum of course did not bat an eye at how I was dressed, I think she might have said to him later that there are many like me these days.
    getting accepted by neighbours is the first good thing to get over after that things get so easy.

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    Being out does relieve the tension.
    So much easier just being you isn't it?

Tracii G,
    You are so very right, take the stress out of something and the rest just follows, I went to my bank the other day dressed and I was just like any other person, not treated any different so lovely to be able to be like this.

Bobbi, Very interesting thread for sure, I’ve enjoyed reading through it and can identify with some of the things said. It does give me courage to continue on the road I have been enjoying.
    Crissy

That awesome Bobbi.
    Angie

Banned Read only
    Tracii,
    That is easier said than done , I'm finding some just don't grasp that basic principle because of not acting out being a woman .

Since being out the label issue more or less disappears , I said not long after I joined here that when I finally step out the door I will still be me , I dress to satisfy a need but that doesn't affect my basic personality , I'm happier now I can bring it all together and integrete with other people .