Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: What’s the nicest thing that’s been said to you....as a woman

Okay, it really wasn’t TO me but the night my wife and I went out for the first time with me dressed, a man at the bar told my wife I make a gorgeous woman and then he and his friends bought us drinks all night.

My wife then told him I’m gorgeous as a man as well, so it was a double yay! I double blushed!

Silver Member
    When I went to a movie drive in contest as a girl and no one questioned it. I received several compliments as how cute I was. While getting ready to go my landlady/beautician told me I made a very pretty girl. My guy friend's parents thought I was cute. His mother took me shopping as a girl. When I was buying a wig onetime the owner of the salon told me you are gorgeous as a girl. I've been blessed with the ability to pass.

Ohhhhh.... which ones to choose? I actually get a lot of nice things said to me.

"No way! You don't look more than 40!" Said by a waitress, when I claimed eligibility for their senior discount. I am 61!

"Girl! You cut your hair? It looks great!" Said by a lesbian who has known me as Ceera for several years. I was wearing a new, shorter wig. She had believed the prior wigs were my real hair!

"You have nicer legs than I have." Said quite sincerely, by numerous GG's.

"You're so beautiful." Sincerely said both by men and by cisgender women. Sometimes followed up by an offer to buy me a drink!

"I love it when a tall girl rocks a set of high heels!" Said by a tall, cisgender lady in her 20's, who was a hostess in a restaurant I was dining at. From that and other comments by her, she seemed certain I was a cisgender woman.

"Would you consider playing on our softball team next season?" Said by the coach of the women's recreation league softball team that I have been a cheerleader for, over the last three years. I told her I might, if I have my legal ID changed to female by then. I explained that I don't want to invalidate their team's standing, if anyone should question my eligibility to play on an all-women's team.

"Ummmm, I'd guess your age at... maybe 27?" Said in reply to me asking him to guess my age, by a nice young man in his 20's who was dancing with me at a nightclub, and who had asked my age. He could hardly believe it when I replied, "Thank you!", and then admitted I was 59! And he kept right on dancing with me that night!
    Last edited by Ceera; 08-15-2018 at 08:36 AM.

Just do it already! DaisyLawrence's Avatar
    Call me cynical if you like, I'm sure all these things I've read here on this thread are true and were said/heard, but (and it's a big but) I am not so sure it is prudent to assume all were said with sincerity.

What do you think about my post about what I saw? Here's the dynamics of just one of my experiences. I'm sitting at a bar (kid u not although it's so cliche) and every time I look over at a table a young man is staring at me. Eventually, I decide to approach him and we have a nice long conversation. Yeah, I was right in what I thought he was thinking about me. Many, if not most of us are pretty attuned to observing, analyzing and interpreting the body language of others. And if you combine both physical and verbal communication you can, with few exceptions, draw a very accurate assessment. So maybe we need another thread, "What behavior have you observed in others that affirmed your femininity?"
    Last edited by nikkiwindsor; 08-15-2018 at 06:02 AM.
    Wearing my fuschia bodycon dress:
    http://imgur.com/6WkdAts
    For the first time, outdoors during the day:
    http://i.imgur.com/RmjIxbY.jpg

As a woman? Pretty much nothing at all. I'm pretty shy in male mode and MUCH WORSE in femme, so I don't get into conversations much.

About the nicest thing I can think of being said to me was "You're so lucky that you don't need much makeup to look good." But it was from a sister TS in a group session with a counselor. So, it wasn't really said to me as a woman and doesn't really count. It still felt nice though.

Beyond that, the nicest things are non-things... such as a man holding the door for me, or being not-noticed by people when out and dressed pretty. (If I'm telling the truth, the first time a man held the door for me, I was THRILLED!)

On one of my very few outings I bought a cup of coffee, and the SA complemented me on my skirt. Like I said, I don't get out much.

Saralin, an example of my point exactly...a gentlemen identified you as a lady without saying a word when he opened the door for you. Nikki
    Wearing my fuschia bodycon dress:
    http://imgur.com/6WkdAts
    For the first time, outdoors during the day:
    http://i.imgur.com/RmjIxbY.jpg

Well, I guess I am about due for my semi-annual un-lurk. Hello all of you who were here in the late Jurassic! Hope y'all have been well.

The nicest thing said to me is nothing. It's when you spend 1/2 an hour at the bar or in a long line or whatever just having a nice discussion with a complete stranger, and they say nothing about my presentation or my gender. I'm not under any illusion that they don't realize I am trans (there are times where I learned that they did not know, which is sort of fun but beside the point)... it's great when that does not need to be a topic for discussion at all.

Three years ago I got stuck overnight at DFW. Luckily I got a room at the Hyatt Regency there and they have a good restaurant with (of all things) a communal sushi table. I was having dinner and struck up a conversation with a woman in her early 60s who was stranded en route to Georgia to visit her granddaughter. We're both stuck and hungry and bored, so we had a lovely conversation for an hour over dinner. She was pretty socially conservative from what I gathered, but yet "the trans" never once entered the discussion. While I would be flattered if it turned out that she never figured it out, I actually think more fondly about that dinner if I assume that she did know and it didn't matter anyway.

And now back into hiding. See y'all in the spring!
    For photos on flickr, my user name is cd_erica_f

I was told by an SA in Victoria's Secret that I had very pretty eyes, I was wearing a blue dress and the blue really brings out my eyes. Another time I was in a different store and another woman told me I was very pretty, the best compliment though came from a little girl. I went out and picked up a pizza and when I was getting back into my truck I put the pizza in on the passenger side and parked beside me was another car. A little girl in the back seat with the window down looked at me like I was a princess and said you are very pretty, my smile was huge as I told her thank you.
    One that I dont know if it was a compliment or not, I was buying a bramin purse at Belk when the SA asked me if I liked these purses and went on to tell me her mother loved them and had several. I think she was comparing me to her mother which I take as a compliment or she was calling me old. LOL! This is what I was wearing when the little girl told me I was pretty.

Very few people have seen both the M and F, by far my favourite compliment came from a Restaurant owner who met Becky 3 or 4 times then saw me in Drab (thats a whole other story for another day) after he got over the shock he said, please dont be offended but you are so much better looking as a woman...Blush
    A.K.A Rebecca & Bec

mini kilted chick t-girlxsophie's Avatar
    Mostly had comments about my outfits,last year server in KFC told me she loved my handbag

Young GG told me that she had the same top that I was wearing,and she thought it looked lovely on me

And just a few weeks ago the wife of a TS friend,said that the lip colour I was wearing looked a lovely shade on me,it's little things like that makes me feel good.

Sophie
    We look to Scotland,for all our Ideas of Civilisation-Voltaire

========================================

A woman who loves to wear beautiful clothes is like a flower.
    A man who loves to emulate these women is a special flower-a rose
    Facebook:Sophie Johnson

What are probably the nicest things are the most affirming things.
    The girl taking my order at chick-fil-a looked at my violet (my favorite color) cell phone cover that matched my nail polish and said "that is such a cute cover".
    Walking on a park trail, a gentleman, a few years older than me, tipped his hat and smiled as we passed.
    Entering a store, the gentleman ahead of me stopped and held the door (as I was taught do in by my mother) and smiled and said "going my way" (which my mother would had slapped me on the back of my head had I said that).
    In the 2nd and 3rd examples, I was a bit embarrassed and guilty that I was perhaps misleading them, but the experiences were very affirming.

Aspiring Member Barbara Joanne74's Avatar
    Oregon, South of Portland, North of Salem
    Today, in semi girl mode, (top, pants, bra with barely any padding, and light make up, I was at a Target I had never been in before, as I was not presenting totally as a woman I asked a associate where the family restroom was, she said they didnt have one, but that I looked good, and to go use the women's one......i was on cloud nine....

I was told by a guy I had awesome legs. I told him thank you and he said the rest of you is pretty nice too. 😊.

Once a while ago an SA for the first time saw my nails were varnished and asked me why and winked at her and said its my new life a while later I took in a lrageer version of my avatar, her exact words were "you are very beautiful", I could tell she meant it nbecause I had got to know her quite well and we had little chats when time presented itself whilst going throught he check put tills so it was not just customer politeness on its own it was also being nice to me.
    Yes that was very best comment made to me, oh I just wishe for more!
    I started life a lost man now I am a found woman

Silver Member
    I had some nice complements at DLV from women I sat next to or they, me, when conversing, while playing the slots. But, the first I'll always remember... Trip driving fully dressed (with forms, makeup and wig), fast food drive through.. at the payment window a very pretty cashier looked me over and said,"Have fun, beautiful" as she smiled at me. I thanked her with the biggest smile I could create. I was glad to have been buckled up, or I would have floated away!

"You walk better in heels than I do."

A month or so ago I was out at the bar and I have been carrying a Marvel Black Widow purse. I was sitting at the bar close to where all the people who walk up and order come to. A guy walked up to the bar pointed at my purse asked if it was Marvel, I showed it to him and he just said "beautiful" and went back to his friends. I am still feeling pretty good about that one because it was so random.

It seems so long ago now but in my supermarket when one of the SA's saw my painted nails for the first there was sadly not enough time to explain further but a few days after I took in an enlarged copy of my avatar showed it to the same Sa and without any hesitation after looking at the photo for a moment she said and these are her exact words "you look very beautiful" that made my day and made me feel that I had achieved something in life.
    I started life a lost man now I am a found woman

I have three

My first one regards the first time I was in a ladies restroom dressed. Went in; no one. Good.

Finish my business, walk out of stall. There is a woman next to me; she says to me, "that's a beautiful dress." Not what I expected.

The second was Halloween last year. I was wearing the dress in my avatar in the changing room at Nordstrom, and talking to my friend (the SA), when another customer walks by and says "so cute."

The third was when Sephora contacted me to help publicize their first local TG makeup session.

I have had a few "You look great" compliments at different support groups, that's the best support I could get.
    I enjoy being a boy, being a GIRL like me!!!

Aspiring Member
    A girlfriend many years ago gave me one of her dresses to wear. When I put it on, she said "It looks better on you than it does me. That's not fair!"
    So she gave me the dress. To make her feel better about it, I bought her a new dress that looked great on her and would never have looked good on me.

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    Compliments have happened several times and the comments I appreciated more came from women.

I always like these post and read the different reply's, you can almost feel from the reply's how good it made us feel. Two came in the last 4 months, I was in kohl's and I went in to try something on and it was wall to wall women I'm sure you could see the fear in my face I didn't except the crowd. One of the lady's look at me and said wow this is busy lets go to the other chancing room. (It was such a nice gesture) The second was just a smile on the street by a passing women you know the kind of smile that says " you go girl ". In both cases I'm sure I was read but it just felt like good for you have fun.