Thread: shopping with mom?!

shopping with mom?!

hi all, still only 2-1/2 months into dressing, but i went and told a few people including my mom who was way more accepting than i would’ve imagined. she even offered to take me shopping for clothes i didn’t know if she was serious but...at first i thought cool someone to help me/go with me. then i thought wait she’d be shopping for femme clothes with her 29 year old son lol. idk would it be too weird? i live with her for now but will move out november 1st into my own place.

I can only imagine how cool that would be to go out with mom, shopping perhaps lunch and just having a girl day with one of the most important women in my life.grab the opportunity and treasure that time.

Unless your mom is a fashion junkie, I’d recommend shopping with someone closer to your age that can help pick out what is fashionable for women your age.

i hear both of you for sure as my dad passed away recently and i do want to get closer to my mom as you never know. but yea her style might not suit me literally and metaphorically lol. i could always ask my 26 year old sister as well she knows and is supportive too. she gave a few makeup tips like using Mac products. maybe go out with both separate for fun.

Why not just go with both of them?

I agree with Ronnie. Make a family day of it!

Banned Read only
    I think going shopping with both mom and sister is a great idea. Your sister, being closer to you in age, may like styles closer to yours. However, to include mom along will go along way to solidify family acceptance of who you are. I wonder how many non accepting mothers and fathers regret turning away their sons because they are cross dressers, and, any other member of the transgender community?

I am not sure there is any question here. For crying out loud -having the chance to shop with both Mom and Sister ? ???????

Sorry to hear about your father, Courtney.

You have good resources in your mother and sister. Gender or sexually diversity is sometimes a reason for estrangement.

Do you have a sister? if not maybe she thinks it would be fun to dress you up.

My mother knew I was dressing up at 16 and let me wear clothes she had in the attic from her and my sisters.
    "This is ME" I am not CRAZY, I'm just a GUY who likes dresses!
    Since allot of men dress up in woman's clothing that makes it a manly thing to do!
    Much more fun than fishing.
    I do construction like house building and I love CD-ing, what's the difference?

thanks for input people. i was mainly hesitant because i’ve still got the surreal feeling that my family knows and i’ve never showed an ounce of femininity around them before l, still getting over it. but yea i mainly thought separate because my sister has like 6 kids to take care of as a stay at home mom so have to plan it with her. mom i could go with almost any day after work.

If my mom had offered to take me shopping, I would have jumped at the chance, just as a bonding experience and a tangible expression of her acceptance. An opportunity I wouldn't have missed for the world. Whether we would have the same fashion sense is immaterial - it's the act itself and her support that are priceless.

That said, if your sister is also around and willing to participate, I love the idea of you all going as a threesome. Get the opinions and shopping experience of two GGs for the price of one!

- Diane

My mum had good taste and if times had been different I would have gone femme shopping with her at the first opportunity. I still model my look and especially my lingerie on her choices.
    Please don't let the opportunity slip away.

Go with mom! It will be an experience you will remember the rest of your life. Having your sister along would be nice, but getting a sitter for six kids is a real hassle.

Aspiring Member dana digs sweaters's Avatar
    Been shopping with two of my sisters. Cool times. Never thought about shopping with my mother.

Silver Member
    I would go with both. I've shopped with both my sisters and my mom when I was younger. It also depends on how up to date on fashion you are. Are you planning to go out dressed?

that’s actually what i’m debating now, i’m not sure i’m ready to go out dressed with family 😅 . crazy this is happening so fast ,only over 2 months dressing for me. maybe i can muster the courage lol . but like everyone’s saying don’t let the chance go by

When I was fifteen I was going to go to a fancy dress party, dressed of course.

I told my grandmother of the plans and she took me in hand dressed me up and we went shopping together.

I was even fitted with a starter bra, the woman did not realise I was a boy.

After that I did a few trips with my grandmother, my mum never found out.

You may feel a little weird, but don't let that deter you, it would be an opportunity lost.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

mini kilted chick t-girlxsophie's Avatar
    Id have to scrape my mother off the floor if i suggested going shopping with her

Sophie
    We look to Scotland,for all our Ideas of Civilisation-Voltaire

========================================

A woman who loves to wear beautiful clothes is like a flower.
    A man who loves to emulate these women is a special flower-a rose
    Facebook:Sophie Johnson

I never went shopping with my mom but my mom, let's say unvoluntarily, bought something for me. She gave my wife a bodysuit, scoop neck, long sleeves, flower pattern, lycra. Something that anyone could tell was not her style. She didn't want to use it so, why waste it? Same happened with my mother in law, she bought pink panties for her every Christmas. Some stupid tradition, I don't know. My wife hated those things, she hated pink in general but mostly pink underwear. But they fit me, so, why waste them?