Thread: dressing is my medicine

dressing is my medicine

hey all, before i started dressing i have suffered from social anxiety and depression for many years since my parents divorce at age 13. i’ve taken different kinds such as welbutren, lexapro, prozac, etc but ever since i started dressing i’ve been able to be off medication . i just generally feel better especially in femme. i just get that classic euphoric feeling that washes over me, even just looking at selfies of myself makes me smile. anyone else experience this? of course everything’s not all solved just because of this but it helps tremendously

I feel the same way. When I wear fem clothes I feel at peace and calm. It just feels like a regular part of me. Though I think I’m more than a CDer. When I go out in public I tend to wear clothes more subtle than when I’m at home. But always fem

Yes, the "pink fog" is a very effective anti depressant. And, while it has some side effects, like everything else, I feel it is a much better compromise than the alternatives!

I do enjoy my girl time as well. My wife says I am very different and more of the quiet kind when dressed. I too have a few pics on my phone of myself that when I look at them it makes me smile and feel happier.

It sure is strange what cd'ing does to a person , changes ones life completely and sometimes we really need a change

True, Marion, but there are no medical side effects to crossdressing that I'm aware of. Wearing a bra is enough to calm me down a bit.

I'm on a SSRI and a tricyclic that has disruption of the heart signals as a possible side effect of the combination. It hasn't shown up yet, but periodic electrocardiograms are required. Frankly, I'd rather not be dependent on antidepressants to knock down the anxiety and insomnia. It's not an easy problem to solve.

I sometimes wonder how much the intolerance and not accepting oneself as they are have to do with mood disorders. A causal relationship between bullying/abusive behaviour and mood disorders has been identified, at least to the extent that it has been written up in the peer-reviewed medical journals.
    Last edited by giuseppina; 08-14-2018 at 06:55 PM. Reason: Speeelling and Grummur!!!

Banned Read only
    I've stated many times on this forum wearing women's clothing may be very therapeutic. Wearing women's clothing for relieving stress may be safer than using medications, legal or illegal. Or using alcohol to drown one's sorrows. Of course wearing women's clothing may also lead to increased anxiety when worn around non accepting people. That's why wearing women's clothing is a personal affair for me. However, I love baking and cooking en femme which for me is a great stress reliever.

Wonderful to hear Courtney! For me there is an element of euphoria and I find it therapeutic. I always feel so much more calm and serene.
    I have been circling for a thousand years,
    and I still don?t know if I am a falcon, or a storm,
    or a great song.

Rainer Maria Rilke
    https://www.flickr.com/people/170325405@N05/

Well a good thing to stay off the meds if you can, just keep dressing. :-)
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

Courtney, I think dressing is medicine for a lot of us. I'm just happier being dressed.
    Please call me Jamie, I always_have crossdressed, I always will, "alwayshave".

Glad for you Courtney, you found confort in dressing and destressing too.
    Wanting something is a fantasy which on a long time period clouds your mind and makes you think you need it.

Rayleen