Thread: Nice to meet you

Nice to meet you

A Christie day materialized out of no where and I was quick to take advantage. Got dressed, was the first customer in Sephora and had a great time trying new eye make up to go with the new lip color I was trying. The whole time they referred to me as”she” and “her” . I certainly don’t pass but they made me feel so welcome...but the best was yet to come. I needed gas and went to the convience store I often stop at. I wanted to pick up a drink and decided to own it and walked in. The cashier was the manager who I have known for years. I bought my drink, we made the usual small talk and then I mentioned that she was one of the few to have met the “other” me. As I walked out the door, she replied that “it was a pleasure to meet you”.

Christie ann, Just that one small sentence would be enough to make my day not to mention the great time you had at Sephora.
    Crissy

Congratulations Christie! Sounds like a fabulous day.

You've had an outstanding day, way to go Christie.

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    What a good day, Christie!

It just occurred to me that makeup SA's r used to doing women and would naturally refer to their customers as she and maam. If they've worked there awhile it would become habitual.

So, one would have to consciously think about it to refer to a client as him or sir, wouldn't she? And, know she was being mean!
    I wonder if anyone here has ever been called "he" by a makeup SA?
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

Sherry...good question but it doesn’t matter because we were just all girls today talking makeup and making eyes pop. Never a subject in any guy group I have ever been in.

You go, girl!

I especially appreciate the bit where you go to the convenience store. Going around dressed up is one thing; going to the places where you're known as a regular is a whole other kettle of fish.

I have just such an outing planned for the next few days. It'll be my fourth. Wish me luck!

Xox,

Tina V.

Those that have met the other ME have always been sociable and accepting.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

Christie Ann, we must take advantage of every opportunity. Sounds like a great time.
    Please call me Jamie, I always_have crossdressed, I always will, "alwayshave".

Christie Ann. You had a great experience. I find that the Sephora artists are almost as excited to meet and work on you than you are to be there.