Thread: Came out to my sister

Came out to my sister

Okay so about a week ago, I went on a shopping trip.
    Got a couple bras, a top, some leggings, nylons, a hair bow, and for the first time, lipstick and eye liner.

(In fact, when I went to get lashes, the SA immediately figured out I was shopping for myself. She was really sweet about it!)

More to the point tho is my sister had been on my case about it for a tew days.
    She was upset because she felt i was hiding something from her when I left and didnt specify where I was going.

Me and my sister have a pretty good relationship, so I felt really bad about it...

Yesterday afternoon, I got the urge to undersdress...which turned into fully dresses half way through. To the point where I lost control and had the urge to try the lipstick and eyeliner, which was dumb of me because I don't even have makeup remover, it was no where near late enough for me to do any of this and my mom was gonna have her friends 12 year old over to baby sit.

( yea idk what i was thinking )

After a brief photoshoot, i remembered how my sister was upset that she felt I was hiding something from her...and so I decided to show her.

Texted her to come to my room and to be quiet.

When she arrived she was shocked. Not in a negative way. Just genuine surprise.

The first thing she asked me was "why? And if this made me trans" and I replied that I enjoyed dressing and creating an outward female presence, and that I don't identify as trans or female.
    I made the comparison to cosplay, since I knew it would get my general point across.

From there things went great. We sat down and just talked about makeup, clothes and usual topics we would discuss otherwise, all in very comfortable manner. She even complimented me saying I looked cute and looked like our mom!

She talked about how she didn't get why I didn't just tell her and how i was being silly for being shy about it, since its not like she has a problem with these kind of things, siting that her fave MUA was a CD. In fact, she was more upset that i didn't tell her and it made her imagination run wild.

She then gave me her left over makeup remover, old compact mirror and face wipes, and said I should try cosplaying for the next anime convention we go to next year.

Needless to say, my sister was very open and accepting it all and it feels so amazing to say that.
    I am so glad I decided to be honest with her.

Feels good to be out of the closet, even just a bit.

Cheers everyone!

Always nice to read something positive. You have a wonderful sister.

Very awesome!

Platinum Member
    I take it that you’re still quite young and assume your sister is as well. It does seem that younger people find this easier to accept. Still, be grateful for her response and never take it for granted!
    Remember always that you not only have the right to be an individual, you have an obligation to be one.

Eleanor Roosevelt

definitely awesome you had such a nice reaction. i did too when i (29 yrs old) told my sister kayla (26yrs old) . i had to tell her in text message and send a few selfies since she lives an hour from me. we’re close relationship as well. she even gave some makeup advice (Mac products and such) and may shop with me soon. i actually look like her a bit now en femme lol . congrats .

Glad it went well. My wife wants me to tell my sister.

Gold Member
    My wife knew; However, I could never tell my Sister; She is a very "STRAIT" person.
    I know she would never approve.
    Rader

Quote Originally Posted by kimdl93 View Post
    I take it that you’re still quite young and assume your sister is as well. It does seem that younger people find this easier to accept. Still, be grateful for her response and never take it for granted!
    Im 23 and she is 22!
    I do think there is truth in your observation.
    And trust me, I am more than greatful! ^_^!

Aspiring Member
    Charlotte,
    Great story! Kudos to your sister for her openness. You are very fortunate to have her support.

Best wishes!

Quote Originally Posted by Charlotte-Jones View Post
    Im 23 and she is 22!
    I do think there is truth in your observation.
    And trust me, I am more than greatful! ^_^!
    I was going to ask how old you are because you didn't say in your original post and like kimdl93 I assumed you were very young. I sometimes cringe when I read posts like yours, and the responses, not knowing whether the person is a minor.

Charlotte, I'm glad that you have someone supportive to share this with.
    Please call me Jamie, I always_have crossdressed, I always will, "alwayshave".

It's a great feeling to be accepted

My sister is very supportive and has even offered to buy me items. It was a huge relief knowing that she was okay with it.

I can see this is a great weight off your mind.

Now to progress to the next stage, what ever that may be. :-)
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.