Thread: Simple cosmetic procedures...

Simple cosmetic procedures...

Has anyone had any simple cosmetic procedures like botox, lip plumping, facial fillers, laser hair removal, etc. I'm thinking about upping my game and having some of these procedures done. I'm particularly unhappy with serious wrinkles on my face that I'd like softened or even removed.
    Wearing my fuschia bodycon dress:
    http://imgur.com/6WkdAts
    For the first time, outdoors during the day:
    http://i.imgur.com/RmjIxbY.jpg

Laser and electrolysis. Ultra therapy for lift in face and neck. In this technique, ultrasound is used at a very focused depth to create minute scarring which contracts and tightens the skin. It is expensive but cheaper than a face lift. However, the changes are gradual and not as dramatic as a face lift. Spouse had laser therapy to face which lightens pigmented spots and removes fine wrinkles. Her skin does look better but again, costs and gradual.

Nikki. I have had Botox, fillers under my eyes, along with lipo on my underlying chins! That procedure really was great. About $3500.00. Botox has worked really well as well. Fillers so, so.

Jenna

Banned Read only
    Nikki,
    Your profile page doesn't reveal your age I'm afraid mine does but I'm not afraid to admit I rely on my Olay cream , but look around at GGs your age how different are they with creases and wrinkles ? No one is perfect ! I go out full time in my home town and it really doesn't make any difference . I do minimum makeup , dress to blend and go out there to integrate and it's working pretty well . When I expressed all these fears Pat replied , " Stop overthinking it !" She was so right !

Laser, money well spent. But I am the equivalent of a polar bear in term of body hair (or at least, I was).
    Visit Kandi's Land (http://www.kandis-land.com/) daily! Nothing but positive and uplifting posts!
    Pictures and stories of every time out: https://www.flickr.com/photos/131254150@N06/.

Probably the wrinkles could be effective, I shy away from most of the others though.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

Laser on my face and underarms, reccomend it highly, although i have some grey face hairs left a quick light shave and I am smooth as a babies bottom for a day and there is zero beard or upper lip shadow when i makeup my face. Laser also seemed to make my skin softer, after I had about 6 sessions a bunch of people (who did not know) said your looking really young and healthy whats your secret...my face was really glowing
    A.K.A Rebecca & Bec

I wanted to have laser done on my upper lip but I was told I had too much auburn hair. Lol it was a nice way to say I was too gray. So I had to go with Electrolysis. Boy does that hurt.. I had this done so I dont have to wear foundation all the time.I also have Botox to my forehead between my eyebrows. Really like the results.

+1 for laser. Removed nearly all my body hair. Just a warning; it can grow back, so you need to either get a top-up laser once a year or so, or buy an epilator for maintenance.

Also, as advised by my laser clinician, it can be addictive, so have a long term plan for your lasering. You can also save money by buying bulk sessions.

Lastly, it doesn’t work on gray or red hair.

I’ll be looking at electrolysis for my facial hair, as the laser didn’t work there.

Michelle

Add me to the Laser Hair removal camp. Face, Abs, Legs, buttocks, and the ahem... the other side. Been lucky to never have had any hair on my back or chest. The hair under my arms is very fine, very light in color and qty. So no laser there. I just use a micro trimmer once a week. The rest of the arm hair also gets trimmed at the same time.

I also use Olay Product daily. Regenerist Cleanser and moisturizer every day. My spouse gets Estee Lauder freebies all the time. One time she got a jar of Resilience Lift. She didn't like it so she gave it to me. I'm usually skeptical about the claims manufactures make about creams that reduce wrinkles, but I have to say it really works. By the time I finished the jar, (about two months) there was a noticeable reduction in the wrinkles and bags under my eyes and the wrinkle that I've had across the middle of my forehead since i was a teenager is considerably less visible.

I just turned 65. But people at work swear I'm in my early 50's.

I'd like to get some cosmetic procedures done on my face and neck. Eyelids, Nose, Neck lift are the most likely candidates if I ever decide to go for it.

I may be 65. But I'm going to do my best to not look it.

Slip Into Something Femme Piora's Avatar
    Any type of cosmetic surgery scares the crap out of me. I guess I've just read too many horror stories about it.
    "Taking the time to be in touch with my feminine side"

I understand Piora. It makes me nervous too. (probably the main reason I haven't followed through with it. - ) But if I ever do decide to go for it. I'll go to someone who has a really good reputation. I don't know if you get the E's Botched reality show there in Canada. But the two doctors who are featured on it, Terry Dubrow and Paul Nassif, have a darn good reputation. The show is about them fixing those horror stories. I'm sure they wouldn't be cheap, but if I was going to commit to doing it, I'd darn well want to have it done by the best. Mind you I'm not saying they are the best in the field, but their body of work is impressive.

One season they traveled around the country, helping people who were born with deformities. They never really said in the episodes, but the viewer was left the impression they didn't charge for them for their work.

The episodes were very moving.

Life is more fun in heels Genifer Teal's Avatar
    I agree. Laser is worth every penny and then some. Body hair is not something I ever think about.