So I’m home along and a chance to dress. Simple A line black skirt, white tee style Vee necked top, all the padding, wig and heels.

I decided to change the bed linen. Put the clean duvet cover on the bed and gave it a good flick to spread it out. Well it caught the pull cord on the ceiling fan which turns on. The cord flicks up and wraps itself around one of the blades and is being pulled ever tighter as it starts to rotate.

I can’t reach it from the floor so now in a bit of a tizzy I quickly hop up onto the bed. Fortunately I’d just taken my heels off. Forgetting to hitch my skirt up I heard it and felt it as the vent on the back of my skirt became a longer one. Thankfully it was just the seams that had become unstitched and as I now have a basic sewing machine I can simply redo the straight seems on both the lining and the skirt itself.

If I’d tried to catch the cord to turn the fan on I’d still be there now but it’s that law, the one that says if it can go wrong then it will at the most inopportune times, and especially when you’re dressed!