Thread: Adrenaline Junkie?

Adrenaline Junkie?

Since my outing to the movies a few months ago, I find I desire more and more to venture out into the big world in MIAD mode.

Today I had to deposit a check at the credit union, so I embraced the opportunity to get out of the house, donned my new Lularoe Cassie skirt, girly sandals and jumped in the car. I drove to the credit union and made my deposit without much exposure. I don't think the teller noticed, but the camera probably did (a topic for another discussion).

On the way home, I decided to stop and get something to drink. Here's the weird part. I really enjoyed walking around the quickie mart in my femme finery, knowing there were several people who would notice.

Is this a sickness? Am I intentionally thrusting my fashion choices upon an unsuspecting public simply for shock value? In a perverse way, I wanted someone to notice. To say something.

Maybe I'm just challenging gender norms. Maybe I'm just looking for attention. I'm not sure. I desperately want the world to see me in my skirts and nail polish and not care. And as far as I could tell today, that's precisely what happened.

Maybe I'm giving it too much thought. Maybe the world really doesn't care. I sincerely hope that's the case.
    It's spelled Marika, but it's pronounced Janey!
    Appreciate the beauty in the current moment, because the past is gone and tomorrow never comes.
    Janey's Amost Secret Crossdressing Blog: http://marikajaye.blogspot.com

Glad you had a fun time. An increase in public exposure to a man in a skirt should help it become easier for us crossdressers in the future.

What does it say about the person that would care more about the clothing you choose to hide your nakedness with that what is going on in their own life? Sad...

My views on the MIAD thing are a matter of record here, so we won't go into that...

"Sickness" is rather loaded with perjorative. So let's call it... something else. What that might be, I'm not really sure. Exhibitionism came to mind, but you don't mention any sexual component to the activity, which the DSM seems to use as the signal marker for that, erm... label.
    I'll go with adrenaline junkie. The activity is pursued for the rush it provides. It's a little different than, say... rock climbing, OK, more than a little, but there is some perception of risk and a drive to confront it. It would be nice if the word did indeed "not care", but then again, where would the rush come from? Is there some other need driving this behavior?

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    Giving it too much thought because people really don't care what you wear.
    I thought the same thing years ago and thought I was really "on the edge" by doing the same thing you are now.
    I soon figured out people are not looking or if they are its like OK that different but actually they don't care.
    You are just pushing your boundaries and thats fine so enjoy dressing as you wish.
    I have worn nothing but womens clothing for many years and its not a big deal anymore they are my clothes.