Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Nail polish color

Nail polish color

What is your favorite color? Do you paint your toes and fingers the same color?
    Pinks and purples are my colors for spring and summer and red and blues for fall and winter. Sometimes I will paint my toes and fingers the same color but most of the time there different colors
    Mistyjo

Banned Read only
    Mistyjo,
    I wear Grape Sorbet by Rimmel most of the time I don't usually change my toe colour , it's a great colour to wear everyday , and as I usually forget I'm wearing it's not a colour that stands out if I have to be out in drab .

I started wearing Sally Hansen's Miracle gel polish and top coat, color Dig Fig. A deep red. Two coats of polish and once you put the top coat on, it's not coming off until you soak the nail and polish in remover. Solved the problem of my pantyhose ruining my nail polish on my toe nails.

Lavender, when I get the opportunity.

For some reason I always go with a real bright red. I never really thought about it what I always paint my toenails the same as my fingernails. If I ever get the chance to dress again including makeup I'm going to try painting my toenails different than my fingernails.

My colors are usually just whatever mood I'm in. Sometimes I'll paint them to relate to the seasons. If I can't decide, I'll let my wife decide, then it's a surprise.

I get mine done at the nail place! I change the color every time but toes and fingers are same color! I get gel polish and am presently wearing a cat's eye called Gemini with artwork on the ring fingers and big toe! It is not cheap but it is my splurge every month! (It costs less than my inhaler!) (Sorry, I have a rant on the Barroom!) Hugs Lana Mae
    Life is worth living!
    "Foxy lady! You look so good!!" Jimi Hendrix

Silver Member
    I use Sally Hansen 'Miracle nail thickener' as an undercoat for my toenails, then her 'tough love' red #440. I always use the undercoat on my fingernails, but rarely use polish except for special occasions.

I have dozens of colors from Julep. Sometimes I coordinate but not always.

I paint my toenails but for my fingers I use Impress press on nails. They look and work great. They easily stay on the limited time that I usually have. My favorite colors for this summer are pink and a orange/red. In winter I usually go with red, dark red or French tip. Sometimes I match my toes and nails and other times I try to go with a subtle similar color for my finger nails.

Jenna

I have a quite a few colors, but I always go with red. I rarely paint my finger nails, but my toe nails will always be painted when I'm dressed.

Banned Read only
    Black, purple, and gray, are my favorite. The rest would have to be a dark version of loud colors to be open to them.

Resident Polymath MarinaTwelve200's Avatar
    Like my Lipstick, I like a definite RED color, sometimes medium, sometimes dark. Usually fingers and toes the same color---So I don't have to change polish bottles.-----Lighter colors and non red's simply don't "do it" for me. I think my preferences are based on the colors my Mom used in the late 1950s

Toes are "Pink Forever" at the moment. Have a diff approach to my nails. Since Im a crafter & modelbuilder type---have quite a few types of paints here- both enamels & acrylics. Besides some 18 bottles of Polish. For hanging at-home--often have semi-gloss acrylic colors on- as they remove easier. Just abt any color. If intending to actually "Go Somewhere"---then the acrylic Gels get glued-on- usually Med to Dark Reds, or Pinks. More expensive- but the Gel Nails look So Much Better than any of my own paint jobs!! Salon visits are not feasible. Have been out-in-drab with "skin-tone" color on , but not often. Toni G..

I wear many different colors, almost all in the red-pink part of the spectrum, but my favorites are deep bluish reds (until a few minutes ago, OPI "Malaga Wine" was on my fingers). I avoid greens, yellows and orangey reds, as well as gray and black. I've often admired blues (especially dark blue) on others, but never have felt on any particular manicure day that it was the right choice for me. I have occasionally tried metallics (silver, bronze or gold) but always seem to wind up being bored with them after a few hours. I do wear some colors with varying degrees and types of glitter and sparkles. My taste in finger and toe colors is about the same, but they rarely match exactly.

- Diane

I tend to wear just one color Red. on special occasions it is a finely ground glitter loaded Red. I also like some Burgundy near the color of red. I did try some Black, and Turquoise around the house but never out.
    Wore flat black Lipstick with the Black Nail polish.
    I have painted some special fake sets for some of my friends/models.
    Leslie Mary Shy
    Remember this:
    You do not have to be a man to love a woman, or be a woman to love women's clothes on her or yourself.

I have tried various colors but always keep coming back to red. I'm wearing red now.

Xox,

Tina V.

When, Where, and Why, is Red so popular?
    Leslie Mary Shy
    Remember this:
    You do not have to be a man to love a woman, or be a woman to love women's clothes on her or yourself.

Leslie
    I was going to ask that same question.
    What is it about red that everyone likes so much ?

when i have not worn red i always regret when i look at my pictures, red is iconic...
    A.K.A Rebecca & Bec

Always wear red. Will have to change it up sometime.

Mostly pink to red on toes an fingers.

Dark colours don't seem to suit.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

I enjoy having my toes painted. My wife and I do each others nails. I tend to like reds/ wine colors on my toes. I do paint my fingernails on occasion using LA colors "American manicure" which I think is a neutral color finshing off my nails with a matt top coat. Works well for several days then the matt topcoat slowly tends to get shiny. I know the polish is there but to me its not overly noticable until the matt topcoat gets shiny.
    Teri Ray Rural Idaho Girl.

As you can see from my avatar I enjoy going with my wife to the nail salon. We usually go once a month but haven't been in two months but will try and get in there soon. The picture of both our toes are a dark red color. I love my dark red lipsticks from wine color to a dark matte type color red. Haven't had my nails done at the salon yet but one day I might work up the courage to go for it. Red in any tint is my favorite.

I have bunches of colors.
    Toes are OPI "I'm Not Really a Waitress" a nice darker red.
    Fingers are usually OPI Matte Nail Envy.
    Keely

One of the Reds