Thread: Un-stashing my stuff

Un-stashing my stuff

Hey everyone!
    Today while cleaning my room, I've decided that I am going to put my girls clothes in my normal drawers and cuboards.

Not only is this to make it so i take better care of them, but also as a step to asjusting my relationship with dressing.

I guess I feel having them all scrunched in a box under my dusty bed creates a negative relationship with them for me, like I have something to be ashamed of.

At this point, there isn't really is no reason for me to feel that way. These are MY clothes and I am putting them where they belong.

........the wig and makeup can stay in the box tho.

Good for you! After years of hidden plastic bins and wrinkles I took over a portion of the closet best move ever.

Confidence is key. You're right! Those are your things and you should not have to hide them! You're doing a wonderful job creating a positive step forward. Keep up the good work!

That's awesome a girls clothes should never be scrunched in a box .
    I bought a dresser for my girl clothing at a yard sale a few years back my wigs and makeup sit on top of it with my jewelry box .

At the cost of clothing that's a very good idea. Wigs are better off on a wig stand.
    "you are a strange species and there are many out there;shall I tell you what I find beautiful about you ,you are at your best when things are at their worst" ...[ Starman]
    It may of course be a bit disturbing to sense that one is really not so firmly anchored to the gender one was born into.

I accept myself as is Gillian Gigs's Avatar
    One of my favourite memories was when I started to put everything into drawers. Having my own panty drawer, lingerie drawer, hanging my skirts and blouses up in the closet makes life so much easier. The panty drawer was easy, because that is all I wear. My wife encouraged me to clear space on my side of the closet for my skirts, etc.
    I like myself, regardless of the packaging that I may come in! It's what is on the inside of the package that counts!

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    Good idea !!

Very awesome!

Platinum Member
    I applaud your decision. I understand hiding...did it myself for far too long. And I think you’re right...the very act of hiding ones clothes amplifies the feelings of shame associated with being a closet dresser.
    Remember always that you not only have the right to be an individual, you have an obligation to be one.

Eleanor Roosevelt

Charlotte, good for you. I don't hide anything.
    Please call me Jamie, I always_have crossdressed, I always will, "alwayshave".

Platinum Member
    Hi Charlotte , I have a very workable DA/DT and three closets full, Life is great. >Orchid ..00..
    Having my ears triple pierced is AWESOME, ~~......

I can explain it to you, But I can't comprehend it for you !

If at first you don't succeed, Then Skydiving isn't for you.

Be careful what you wish for, Once you ring a bell , you just can't Un-Ring it !! !!

I have a stash of male clothes in one end of my wardrobe for wearing to work. :-)
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

Charlotte
    I think your doing the right thing, especially with underwear and expensive bras. Also it will help take those creases out theres nothing worse than having to iron before you dress.👍

Good on you for getting organised and you are fortunate to have the space.
    It is the winter weight garments I have trouble with, the bulk is a bit harder to store and keep tidy.

Oh my! I have begun using amoires in my basement, for my blouses, skirts and dresses. It is simply amazing how much a "girl" can gather over the years. And I adore to wear new dresses, even if it is just for me! Oh, I am just an incorrigible sissy!
    Roxanne

"Being Happy is a Pretty Skirt"
    As Sweet As I Can Ever Be

Well said, thanks for reminding to stay away from shame ! But I would need more or larger dresser(s) to hang everything on hangers. Most of my skirts and dresses already are, but if I had more room to waste on new furniture, some spandex sportswear could be unpacked from drawers to hangers (plastic ones that hook matching tops and bottoms together), panties on ring hangers and swimsuits on body outline shaped wire hangers.
    Last edited by freeindress; 08-20-2018 at 05:27 AM.

Charlotte, that's a good idea. I really like your concept of removing the feeling of shame by not hiding clothes away.
    "The only way is onward. There is no turning back."

There's that smile! CarlaWestin's Avatar
    Good for you. As it has been said many times before, clothes belong in the closet, not people.
    Last count, nineteen drawers and one full walk-in closet.
    I've waited so long for this time. Makeup is so frustrating. Shaking hands and I look so old. This was a mistake.
    My new maid's outfit is cute. Sure fits tight.
    And then I step into the bedroom and in the mirror, I see a beautiful woman looking back at me.
    Smile, Honey! You look fabulous!

Aspiring Member
    Good move. When we moved house and needed new storage we had to do the reckoning for three, not for two If you can do it, it really is the best way to be.

Thanks for the words of encouragement everyone!
    Got up this morning to do some stretches and it felt right going into my drawer to pull out some activewear like the clothes they are as opposed to some horrible act from the under the bed!

I definitely reccomend working towards it eventually to others.*

..now if i could just get somewhere to put my eyeliner and lipstick.*

When we moved into our retirement house, the wife insisted that I take the walk in closet. Needed the room for blouses, skirts and dresses. Plus a huge dresser for lingerie and an armoir. Oh, and two drawers for boy cloths.

Once upon a time... Veronica Lacey's Avatar
    Good call, Charlotte. I did the same years ago when my wife agreed that it was ok. I simply love having an entire armoire chock full of my various femme-wear including heels. I keep the remaining clothing in several fabric file boxes and rubbermaids in the closet of our office. It's just so much nicer to have simple, unashamed access to the clothing we enjoy.

YES! After all those decadesof hiding stashes all over the place----soooo nice to have my own closet now. Its small--- but no boy-stuff in it. All three wigs are on stands. Makeup drawer is starting to look like the one Mom had! Some 22 pr of Shoes sit in racks I blt. Two drawers for lingerie. Downsized a while back--- so eliminated a clothing-rack that took up space in the bdrm. We sorrow for those that have to keep their things Hidden. Been there. Even had a Suitcase that locked with my Girl Things in it for going to a motel. Those days have past! Toni G..

It's incredible how big a difference something like this makes. Really helps with the self acceptance. At least that's been my experience. I have a full upright dresser with everything nicely folded and in its place and a corner of a shared closet that is out of sight due to the way other clothes hang. My wife and I have a DA/DT but she knows where all the clothes are so she can avoid them if she wants.
    "Shared pain is lessened; shared joy, increased - thus we do refute entropy." ~Spider Robinson

Sweeties, why are there so many pretty clothes? Even looking through catalogues makes me want to order something else that is feminine, pretty or just plain cute! I mmean, who am I going to show of to? And how? Oh, Girls are wonderful!

"Roxanne is Ever So Happy in Her Pretty Dress!"
    As Sweet As I Can Ever Be