Thread: As good as it gets, maybe?

Stop that, it's silly.... DIANEF's Avatar

As good as it gets, maybe?

As today is two years since I joined the forum, and by coincidence my 2000th post i thought I start a thread about a subject that interests me.
    Like many on here I have been dressing for a long time, over 39 years. I have reached a stage where I am fairly happy with the look I can achieve, and think with the face my genes have given me and my make up skills, however good, bad or indifferent as they are, I have got it about as good as I ever will. But, I look in a mirror and think, what if my chin was smaller, what if my eye bags were gone, what if my skin was smoother. The only way that is going to happen is by surgery of some kind, and that really isn't a realistic option right now, though I haven't ruled it out. (never say never.....) What I would like to ask is if other long time dressers would ever consider, or have had some kind of FFS, or even the taking of hormones to achieve a more femme look. How would it impact on your day to day life if you have to spend a fair part of it in drab, would it be worth the cost, and would your other half be on board with it.
    This question is not aimed at those looking at transitioning, though I welcome all opinions.

Diane.
    Here today, gone tomorrow....

Simple cosmetic procedures, non-surgical, probably would not introduce anything feminine in your look, just a bit more youth, smoother skin, no bags under the eyes, no jaw jowls flapping when you turn your head. You may still get a lot of comments depending on how more youthful you look. Some surgical procedures, like a face lift, botox, injectables, etc. probably would be similar with probably more pronounced and noticeable results. Hormones take time to create noticeable results and then you may have to deal with growing breasts. FFS work, which I have seen on several of my transtioned and transitioning friends can definitely introduce more female aspects to your face, depending on exactly what you have done. I would love a face lift to get rid of the wrinkled wrinkles!

I have been thinking about starting HRT but I am still doing some research on it and I would definitely need to talk with my wife about it first (She already knows I would love to have breasts) I am not sure how it would impact my daily life.

Aspiring Member sarah_hillcrest's Avatar
    I've made a small research project into the changes that HRT make into the face by watching lots of transition videos, and especially going through girls photo galleries. It never ceases to amaze me how a few subtle changes on the face can make in regards to gender. I think FFS is mixed in there alot too.

Platinum Member
    I have fairly low expectations for my appearance, although I do my best. Similar things I’d like to remedy...but I wouldn’t consider FFS. Anything to slow down the ravages of time I would consider.
    Remember always that you not only have the right to be an individual, you have an obligation to be one.

Eleanor Roosevelt

Platinum Member
    Hi Diane , That is an interesting thought , But I am happy just having the best of both worlds. >Orchid ..00
    Having my ears triple pierced is AWESOME, ~~......

I can explain it to you, But I can't comprehend it for you !

If at first you don't succeed, Then Skydiving isn't for you.

Be careful what you wish for, Once you ring a bell , you just can't Un-Ring it !! !!

Gold Member Read only Rachael Leigh's Avatar
    Well I can tell you from my own experience while I literally had the hormones in my hand I made the decision it was just not going to make enough of a difference for me to make that kind of change. Had I been maybe 10 years younger then yes
    I think I would have done it. I’m finding myself just as happy being more in between my gender indinities then a fulltime
    female or CD as it were. There are many ways to express your fem self at least that’s how I feel

Dianne, I too have thought about what it would be like to get rid of some of the effects of older age with surgery not only to improve my female persona but my male appearance as well. I have no desire to transition so it would be a win win situation..however cost, and of course the possible negative side effects or possible complications of surgery, and it is surgery, make me think twice..So my decision to go the surgery route would have to be based on improving both personas . As a health care professional I am all too aware of things that can go wrong during a simple surgical procedure. So for me the desire to improve would have to be really a strong one to take the risk..But I can always wish......LOL

Diane,

Congratulations, and thank you for your affirmation. It's a great affirmation of your TG/CD life and a testament to this forum.
    Because you asked a question, you may not believe you are affirming your femme life, but you are. You always will. This is you and a part of you as much as your beloved chin (stop fretting over it).

I know, I know, I know what this crossdressing life is like, and in transition or having it conflict with existing relationships. Nothing easy about "it". Many a time I have prayed to let this cup pass from my lips, as though being rid of my femme self would be as simple as throwing out the clothes. I almost curse the day I came out. But I don't regret a a single day that I joined this forum. For good or bad, open or in the closet, this forum would have always been a source of support, comfort and wisdom. I give thanks constantly for this website and the sisterhood I've enjoyed here. The advice and experience of my fellow sisters here has literally saved me from disaster.

Welcome, on your Forum Anniversary. Glad tidings. Good dressing and abundant health to you. You are a beautiful woman, Miss D.
    There resides within me a Woman, and she is powerful.
    She has been my Grace and Bearing on the stormiest seas.
    I could no more deny Her than I would my own soul.

The avvy pic isn't me
    Hmmm....."some kind of FFS". In that wording, would I?
    Most definitely I would.
    I guess what i'm trying to say is 'where is the line drawn' between what is FFS and what is general cosmetic surgery?

I know it's a matter of semantics and i'm not picking on you Diane, and actually either way, 'if' I hit the proverbial lottery, i'd have a lot of facial work done.
    But as to my point (and again sorry for jacking your thread), I think getting 'any' cosmetic work done would, with the help of make-up, ultimately feminize ones face.

I was not born with good teeth, and due to some very bad habits for much of my life, I didn't care for them and so, i'd get the best dental work done available. From what I've read there is a difference in size generally speaking so i'd go with smaller teeth.

While my eye-lids aren't badly hooded they could use some work too. My nose is rather big, so yes to that too. I'm a thin person (well mostly.... that bad life habit also led to a belly), but when I tuck my chin down I have some extra chin, so if that is fixable then sign me up.

What ever skin tucking is left to do after all the rest, okie dokie, make sure the frown lines go too.
    And oh, since there isn't an other half, it's an easy dream to dream.

Cass
    (come on powerball…….'daddy' needs a new face)
    Last edited by Cassandra Lynn; 08-19-2018 at 11:20 PM.

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    Diane, I think it's great that u r satisfied with your looks!
    I never am!

However, I'm a very old CD, not a TS. When I'm not dressed, I have no desire to present fem at all!
    So, no interest in painting my nails. Much less having any procedures done.

When I DO dress, I have no interest in presenting as a MIAD or old lady dressed to blend. I am willing to go to extreme lengths to appear young and attractive. So, I spend much more prep time and effort, and wear more gear than the average dresser. The one exception being makeup. I put my face on in seconds!

And after I'm done, it ALL comes off! If u met me in drab I'd be the last person you'd think dressed! Which makes my live-in adult, daughter very happy! I'm just fine with it, too!
    Last edited by docrobbysherry; 08-21-2018 at 07:45 PM.
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

Diane,
    I play what if all the time, we can all dream and aspire to something else.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

Diane congrads on 2000 posts in 2 years!
    to Answer your OP do i dream of these things yes, is it realistic no, not unless I were to come out to my mrs and at work ... my dreams are more around hormones and smooth body more than FFS, but that being said I would like a more rounded chin, but give me boobs over that anyday.
    A.K.A Rebecca & Bec

Stop that, it's silly.... DIANEF's Avatar
    Thank you to all who replied for your insightful and interesting answers.

Diane.
    Here today, gone tomorrow....

Hi Diane, great sentiment. With modern cosmetic surgery today, who hasn’t looked in the mirror and wondered “What if I did...?”

I also believe that any facial cosmetic surgery, especially anti-ageing, is going to feminise your features.

I have to present as a male around half the time, and I’ve yet to put on a wig or makeup (though the day of my makeover is approaching), but I can think of a few procedures I could do that wouldn’t raise any eyebrows:

Facial electrolysis: Laser removal didn’t do much for my face or neck.
    Any-wrinkle procedures: A lifetime of outdoor and marine activity has left me with extra.
    Second ear piercing: In Australia, it’s not uncommon for men to have multiple ear piercings.

Pretty certain I could do all that without causing too much fuss.

Michelle

I've tried facial yoga and massages to try and get rid of my nasolabial folds. But it was no use. I just try not to smile when dressed lol.

I would like cosmetic surgery. But I've seen it go badly too many times. Not worth the risk.

There's that smile! CarlaWestin's Avatar
    Happy 2000, Diane. As I get older and near retirement (well, at least closer) I've considered tweaking my femininity a little. But, it would be subtle and relate to appearance. I would love to have a little face and neck skin tightening to improve overall age defiance. And then hormone therapy to redistribute what little body fat I have.
    I've waited so long for this time. Makeup is so frustrating. Shaking hands and I look so old. This was a mistake.
    My new maid's outfit is cute. Sure fits tight.
    And then I step into the bedroom and in the mirror, I see a beautiful woman looking back at me.
    Smile, Honey! You look fabulous!

There are many types of dermal fillers on the market that can do a nice job of reducing the depth of nasolabial folds. In the hands of a qualified professional it can do wonders..I had it done..not a permanent solution but depending on the extend and amount of filler injected into the folds , can last several years ...and it's not surgery...you might find this could help you feel better about your appearance ..good luck