Thread: Face Shapes

Face Shapes

So many of you are so lucky with your slender face and figure shapes.
    I have see a few who have a face near mine. How do we get to hide it. I have tried long wigs.
    As of late, I simply say I am this shape so I will have to live with it.
    Attachment 294956
    I have optioned to show myself in a non-wig pose for this post.
    Now how do I get rid of the fat Jawls?

Still Love this wedding gown photo.
    Even If I am wearing a seniors wig.
    Attachment 294957
    Last edited by Leslie Mary S; 08-20-2018 at 12:31 AM.
    Leslie Mary Shy
    Remember this:
    You do not have to be a man to love a woman, or be a woman to love women's clothes on her or yourself.

I don't think it's about hiding our face shape, more about coming to terms with it.
    Just watch the lighting on the camera, direct lighting doesn't look the same as normal lighting
    See all my photos, read many stories of my outings and my early days at
    http://rachelsauckland.blogspot.co.nz

Contouring with makeup and more than anything understanding the hairstyle that helps you face as much as possible.. its quite amazing how different one can look with the right hairstyle/wig
    A.K.A Rebecca & Bec

Quote Originally Posted by Becky Blue View Post
    Contouring with makeup and more than anything understanding the hairstyle that helps you face as much as possible.. its quite amazing how different one can look with the right hairstyle/wig
    It has taken me many years to get comfortable with my face shape, but contouring has completed the way i look. Watch videos and practice, it is well worth it.

Leslie we are who we are and I agree just accept it and get on with it.

You look like a happy individual and as such few would notice you apart from that smile.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

I know I liked my face structure better when I weighed 25lbs less than I do now. But aging has also changed my face - so I might not like the results from weight loss.
    "You're the only one to see the changes you take yourself through", Stevie Wonder

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    U can accept who u r and what u look like, Leslie. As the girls above suggest.

Or, u can be whoever u like! I'm probably older than u but prefer to present as a pretty, young woman!

That isn't everyone's cup of tea. And, I'm not suggesting u go to the extremes I do. But, I suggest anyone who's unhappy with their looks try it once just for the fun of it!
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

Leslie my face changed some and became thinner when I lost my belly fat. I started dieting and it is tough I know but I weighed 260 to 275 at one time. I didn't feel well or function like a youngster and I went on a diet with my wife. I now weigh 204. That was my old high school football weight. 6'2" tall and feel great and near the 70 year old mark. I lost weight in my cheeks and face and not just my belly. I run now for exercise and work at the lake house and farm to stay around this weight.
    I look a lot more convincing dressed than when I had the weight. It's not easy but where there's a will it can be done. Good luck because it's not easy to do.

Welcome to the world that women live in. You can use make up to change the perception of what you look like, get plastic surgery to change the actual bone structure underneath, or, just do like I do, and remove all the mirrors in the house and become delusional so you actually can suspend belief and feel that you look different than you actually do.
    Some causes of crossdressing you've probably never even considered: My TG biography at:http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/...=1#post1490560
    There's an addendum at post # 82 on that thread, too. It's about a ten minute read.
    Why don't we understand our desire to dress, behave and feel like a girl? Because from childhood, boys are told that the worst possible thing we can be, is a sissy. This feeling is so ingrained into our psyche, that we will suppress any thoughts that connect us to being or wanting to be feminine, even to the point of creating separate personalities to assign those female feelings into.

I have a more rounded face, so I select wigs that match it

Banned Read only
    "Upstate" NY USA.... Site of the first crash of the "Vin Fiz"
    I don't think that there is anything "wrong" with your face.
    No one stays young forever and as women get older, many tend to look more masculine.

As long as the rest of you is reasonably feminine, I would no be concerned about it.
    Last edited by Barbara Jo; 08-20-2018 at 02:51 PM.

Platinum Member
    Hi Leslie , Just like us, GG's also come in all shapes 7 sizes. >Orchid ..00.
    Having my ears triple pierced is AWESOME, ~~......

I can explain it to you, But I can't comprehend it for you !

If at first you don't succeed, Then Skydiving isn't for you.

Be careful what you wish for, Once you ring a bell , you just can't Un-Ring it !! !!

As a lark I tried one of Facebooks things where they take your picture from Facebook and see how you look as the opposite sex. The result was I look cute as a girl and boy. I did not post it since I am deep into not allowing any hit of my hobby. But it was interesting and kind of fun.

Thank you for all your replies. As I said, I will try to work with this mug and what I have.
    I will not go and jump of any bridges etc. Though, I must admit, I that there were a few times I thought about it.

Right now I am back into the closet. The club were I was going has changed some policies and activity schedules so that there are fewer event windows of what I like therefore there are less desire for going. After six months I had, as of yet, found a group to hang with, but the Queens were starting to open up a little. Guess it was that they liked all the photos I was shooting for free. Action shots in low light conditions. (I occasionally used a flash when the performer was over 30 feet away.
    For the next two weeks DarkAnGGel will be here while I am getting Cataracts removed. Maybe I will dress out while she is here. She has Ashley (another part-time CDer) in tow.
    Leslie Mary Shy
    Remember this:
    You do not have to be a man to love a woman, or be a woman to love women's clothes on her or yourself.

Banned Read only
    Leslie,
    Some actors wouldn't get work if they didn't have face full of character , maybe you are the lucky one , full and character and charm !

Leslie,
    there are some secrets and tricks. To narrow your wide jaw and face--pull your hair (wig) out and over, to cover the wideness. This narrows the face--to a more heart-shaped look. I have also used this technique to alter my photos in my photo-editor software. Use the clone tool so hair can cover up the heavy jaw. Reduce the width by covering it with hair.
    Naturally, one can squeeze distort the image to photographically make your face thinner--just keep it subtle. Don't go overboard--LOL!
    In photo editor, I have at times added a bit of length to my chin. A woman's chin is more narrow and pointed.
    I am not sure the chin trick is possible in real life when going out.
    Has anyone experimented or succeeded?
    In theory, you could add about a quarter-inch to your chin using a flesh-colored bandage or flesh-coloured medical tape. Blend with makeup.
    Possibly also, you could contour (darken) the outer edges of the chin to make it more narrow--probably lightening the narrow center area.

Ah-May-Lee
    There are many different styles of faces in the world. They all are unique in their own way, whether male or female. For taking pics, try not using a flash and have the light source directly in front of you. If you ever saw a model shoot, they have those big white banners to direct the light in a way to make a better pic. I'm not saying go out and buy these banners but try using a white sheet or just experiment. The camera is a tool like a saw is to a carpenter. It's use deserves time and skill and not just pressing a button.

I kinda like my face as a woman, it's round, small nose, sort of like an Iceland person would have. But for a man I would look silly.
    In solitude where we are least alone. Byron

Wedding photographers use bounce flash. If you bounce the light off the ceilings and walls the light is becomes softer. It can also help to take pictures just after the sunset.
    I use direct flash when it is really sunny to help fill in the shadows.

I have a little experience in photography. Ben doing it since 1962. My comment is about the real faces we each have. I was blessed with a wider than normal face. When I closed down the studio I got rid of most of my equipment.
    I still use a set of umbrella reflectors with my strobes when I feel like getting them out of the carrying case.
    My last serious wedding shoot was in 2008. Made over $5,000 on that one.
    Now I shoot when and where of what I like.
    Last edited by Leslie Mary S; 08-24-2018 at 01:40 AM.
    Leslie Mary Shy
    Remember this:

Banned Read only
    Leslie,
    Also as a professional photographer for thirty years I still have all my gear , sadly no one really wants it anymore .

I'm sure you are aware of the correct focal length for protait shots and the right angle . I used Bronica SQAis and always a 150mm lens for protraits mostly shooting at eye level , the problem we have todays are the " selfies " on phone cameras because they use a wide lens the give a distorted image of the face , they are taken too close so the nose and chin are out of proportion to the rest of the face . My lighting setup for prtraits used 4 lights , one main light in a spillkill brolly , to give modelling to the face , a very small window light with barndoors to give a hint of fill depending on the subject , a hair light supsended on a long boom and a background light to give a gradauted light around the subject . For weddings I used a dedicated Sunpak 622 to give fill light or full lighting for groups , everything was taken on my Bronicas , I loved the square format . It also explains why I still have some good muscle tone , dragging about that amount of equipement all those years .

I gave my business up when digital came in , everyone became a so called expert , I didn't need computers for enhancing my images I was a professional who was brought up on getting it right at the shooting stage , using light is an art form which is sadly is being lost in the computer age .

I now love to paint and have done alright selling some of them , I'm working towards setting up my own art group as Teresa , working from home .
    Last edited by Teresa; 08-24-2018 at 06:06 AM.

I understand the lugging around all the equipment and lighting settings. I have used both Nikon Digital and film and Yashica film cameras. Always wanted a large format camera but I was in the military first and with all the moving around we, my wife (Deceased) and I, just could not justify the equipment what with the changing of stations and luggage/household weight allowance. If I had been in a field that used cameras, I could have gotten additional weight for my equipment, but I was not, I was in electronics.
    Then there was all my art stuff. Yes I am an artist too, but mostly not as good as you.
    Leslie Mary Shy
    Remember this:

Both pic look good especially the 2nd. Donot do anything to your body for your age now.