Thread: Travel across border

Talking Travel across border

I have been trying to squeeze as much dressing time as possible when I travel. While most of my travel is domestic, I had a chance to visit Canada for a conference recently. So I thought about flying pretty on my way back. I have flown en femme a few times, so I knew TSA has no issue with it. But this time I am going through an international border, and I am nervous that might be a different story (even though the US-Canada border is one of the least strict borders).

There are a few stories I read about sisters here who travel internationally en femme. So that gave me a lot of confidence. I have a definitely male name on my passport, and a definitely male picture. So if they do challenge me I may have to prove myself somehow. But I hope it would not go there, and if it did, it may be embarrassing but I am not doing anything illegal. Also as an insurance, I prepared a letter from my psychologist stating that I am being treated for male to female transgender issues. I thought that would be good to have in hand in case something went really wrong, or if they thought that I am faking an identity.

So on the day of my trip back, I dressed comfortably and checked out hotel in the morning. My flight is in the evening, and I still have the whole day to attending my conference (which is a big conference with close to ten thousand attendees). The conference is another story. By the time for me to get to the airport, it was the rush hours already and hard to get a taxi. In the end, the hotel concierge got me sharing a taxi with two other guys (who I think is attending the same conference) to the airport. When we got to the airport, one of the guy said that he will pay for the charge as his company is paying for it. He didn't even check with me. I guess that it is the privilege of being the only lady in the group.

Anyway, the airline check-in was smooth. And I went on the end of a long line for the passport machine. Half an hour later, I was at the passport machine. The machine scanned my passport and asked me the questions. It then took my picture (as I am in my full female mode). Those of you have used those machines knew that these pictures are at very poor quality. It is definitely not my best picture I would like to share. Anyway, next I was sent to a border control officer to check my paperwork. This time it was a nice lady officer. She looked at my passport and me. I smiled back. Without bating an eye, she fired the usual questions, what you are here for, did you bring any food, etc. When satisfied with the answers, she just waved me pass and wished me a pleasant flight, to which I replied with a cheerful "thank you".

So that was my first time story crossing a border as Leslie. That was a smooth experience. Here is how I dressed that day.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Leslie's Advanture into the Unknown - http://lesliesd.weebly.com/

Sounds like things went very well

So happy you had a great experience on your trip back and a very nice photo of you thanks for sharing

That’s great that everything went so smoothly for you. Quite a relief I imagine. Earlier this year I traveled to Lewiston New York to play with my old band. One day I decided to cross the border into Canada just to explore since I was so close. After a zillion questions crossing into Canada, I enjoyed a full day exploring in my best presentable female mode. As I was entering back into the United States, the gentleman at the security gate asked me “where have you been”-I gave him my best Michael Keaton impersonation as I glanced over my shoulder and said...Canada? He told me to “have a nice day and keep moving smart a**”. He didn’t even question the discrepancy between my passport and how I presented. So much fun!!!

Lace and Smiles!
    Lisa

Leslie, great story. You look great.
    Please call me Jamie, I always_have crossdressed, I always will, "alwayshave".

I’m right by the border, and haven’t had any issues ever. Just had my truck torn apart once, and my bras thrown all over from under the seat that I had with me and a few shirts.

Pretty in Pink

I am glad the experience was routine. It gives hope that one day we won't need to share these experiences because they will be so routine.

I am looking forward to reading about your experiences at the conference. I am also very curious about more details about the ride in the taxi. Interpersonal communications are my area where I struggle the most.

Thank you for sharing and being an inspiration to others!

Sami
    My new blog: The Crossdresser Report
    https://crossdresserreport.com/

Good for you Leslie, it looks like border crossings are getting less complicated.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

sounds like all went well.I guess it depends on the border guards. Sounds like a great outing
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Sallee

I do not think that flying in aand out of Canada will be that big of a thing. Crossing the border at Tijuana might be another thing

Quote Originally Posted by Lisa Roberts View Post
    As I was entering back into the United States, the gentleman at the security gate asked me “where have you been”-I gave him my best Michael Keaton impersonation as I glanced over my shoulder and said...Canada? He told me to “have a nice day and keep moving smart a**”. He didn’t even question the discrepancy between my passport and how I presented. So much fun!!!
    That's really a cute one, Lisa.

Quote Originally Posted by Sami Brown View Post
    I am looking forward to reading about your experiences at the conference. I am also very curious about more details about the ride in the taxi. Interpersonal communications are my area where I struggle the most.
    Sami, the taxi ride was uneventful. One of the guys just kept texting, and the other one kept talking on the phone. Being the only lady, I got to sit in the front and had a little chat with the driver about the traffic. It is just a simple ride.

Back home, the Lyft driver just could not keep quiet. He kept talking about this and that with me even though I am pretty tired at that point (it has passed mid night). But he did prepared a bottle of water for the passenger and has chargers on the backseat for passenger to charge their phones. I did drank the water. Thinking about it now, I might be too trusting. A lady at that time of the day might not want to take that water.
    Leslie's Advanture into the Unknown - http://lesliesd.weebly.com/

Silver Member
    Good for you. It looks very daunting before you do it, but those border people are professional enough to know that a MTF CD is a threat to the gender binary status quo but not the country's security. I haven't flown pretty, but I drive through land crossings quite often while dressed, and they just don't care.

So, you'll be doing it on a regular basis going forward?