Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Is it normal for my wife to get a little jealous?

Is it normal for my wife to get a little jealous?

I told her yes but she is looking for some reassurance from the "forum". First.. my wife is hot. I would die to look as good as her in her girly girl outfits. No fair. I told her about Kimberly about 2 months ago and right away she helped herself to my makeup, panties, clothes (that kind of fit), etc. I recently ordered a couple of dresses from Nordstrom and a new wig. We're planning a girl's night out soon and she doesn't want to be upstaged at all by me. Not possible. So now she feels a little jealous of the dress I bought, she might want it in her size. And the wig, gorgeous long red that looks amazing. She thinks her hair sucks now and wants it colored with extensions so mine isn't longer and prettier. I could never compete with my wife but she isn't as sure. She's seen some of my pics and said I don't look too bad.. which is a HUGE compliment. Just looking for some reassurance that what she is experiencing is normal. She will read the replies so you can direct comments to her directly if you wish. TIA.

Kimberly

Silver Member Majella St Gerard's Avatar
    Don't look too bad? Sounds like a back handed compliment.

I'd say it's perfectly normal, my wife is all woman, very feminine in all that she does but there is a jealousy there when I'm dressed, I have very long shapely legs and can create a very shapely figure, my wife and I are 50 and have grown up kids, nature has taken its course on my wife's body so she's not as slim as she once was, still attractive but it's knocked her confidence, it's not a big issue though, we still love each other but we don't go out with me dressed, I dress quite tarty at times too which eventuates my shape, so what you're experiencing is quite common I'd say.

Kimberly
    Yes it is normal for your wife to be a little jealous.
    What you see in your wife is not what she sees.
    When I first came out to wife ( many years ago) If I bought me a new outfit I got her a new outfit as well .
    I am not saying you should do that but it does help to be able to keep your outfits. So if she wants to get her hair done and get a new dress for your girls night out let her

I started dressing way before I met my wife so I just don't want her to ever think she has to compete against me. Hard to imagine she would ever think I could look better. New emotions for both of us. Just happy to have an accepting wife and hope we can have some fun together.

I think it shows that she is interested in how you look as well.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

Kimberly, you’re way ahead of the game. I’d take a jealous wife over a unaccepting wife any day. Make sure you let her know that she is still the Queen and the woman in the relationship.
    Kimberly’s wife, It is probably hard for you to completely understand what Kimberly is going through. Being in the “condition” that we are in, our mind and our bodies are pulling us in several different directions. Life can be a real struggle. I think I speak for all of us here in the forum, we send you a hearty thank you for being accepting. You should be honored for Kimberly wanting to be as pretty as you are. My best to you both.
    Lace and Smiles!
    Lisa

Oh yeah...it's normal for the a wife to be a bit jealous...mine is in couple ways in particular. Weight for one...I'm slender and lose weight easily. Cinch a corset and I have an hour glass figure. She's a bit pear shaped and a little overweight...she struggles with it. I wear all the pretty dresses...she won't touch them but rarely because she doesn't like the pounds on her thighs. The other area of concern but she didn't mention it but once a while ago was "I am competing with Nikki for your affection."

Addressing both these areas of jealousy, I give my wife undivided attention, thank her repeatedly for helping me with my GD by allowing me to express my feminine spirit & nature, and try to help her feel better about her weight. OBTW, my wife is a beautiful blue-eyed blonde...
    Wearing my fuschia bodycon dress:
    http://imgur.com/6WkdAts
    For the first time, outdoors during the day:
    http://i.imgur.com/RmjIxbY.jpg

Platinum Member
    Hi Kim , Be careful that you don't blow a good thing, Just remember that the ball is in her court now,

You have to know when to back off a little. >Orchid ..00..
    Having my ears triple pierced is AWESOME, ~~......

I can explain it to you, But I can't comprehend it for you !

If at first you don't succeed, Then Skydiving isn't for you.

Be careful what you wish for, Once you ring a bell , you just can't Un-Ring it !! !!

Platinum Member
    Speaking to you, kim, I’d say that she wants you to be excited by her and her appearance. While she clearly is supportive of you, like any partner, she wants to be the object of your interest and attention. It’s so easy for a cross dresser to become self absorbed. Make a conscious effort to put her first...buy something for her before anything for yourself. Do something for her before doing anything for yourself. Let her know she is and will always be first.
    Remember always that you not only have the right to be an individual, you have an obligation to be one.

Eleanor Roosevelt

Kimberly, my wife wife is accepting, she does like some of my dresses and she doesn't like the fact that my breast forms are larger than her breasts. So it probably is natural.
    Please call me Jamie, I always_have crossdressed, I always will, "alwayshave".

I have wondered about this question, and will watch this thread with interest. I have seen some beautiful and amazing transformations here, and wondered if some wives might feel upstaged, or even insecure. I never thought about romantic or sexual rivals, interesting. I am now in a DADT stage, but it is better than totally in the closet. Thank you for asking, I will keep returning to this thread.

I've always wondered about this. I'm on a few CD sites and see these absolutely gorgeous girls whose profile indicates they're married. Does your wife know you look this good dressed up because many say their wife doesn't want to see them. Especially some of us more mature folks.

Then again its a few girls that do sexy photoshoots with their wife.

But for many SOs I can't imagine there couldn't be some type of feeling/jealousy if their husband is gorgeous when dressed.

I accept myself as is Gillian Gigs's Avatar
    There are a couple of things to remember. Your wife is competing with the woman in your mind, and your ideal would be difficult for her to compete with. Many women have confidence issues when it comes to their looks, so when you buy clothes and make up you are stepping into her arena. Buy her clothes also. Always give her confident reassurance and help her feel loved and beautiful. There is some good advice here, listen to it, you have a good thing here, don't blow it by getting self absorbed!
    I like myself, regardless of the packaging that I may come in! It's what is on the inside of the package that counts!

My wife does not want me to wear anything she would wear. Every so often out tastes overlap. I respect her boundaries so the item goes back on the rack. There is enough variety in women's fashion for both of us.

Quote Originally Posted by Gillian Gigs View Post
    There are a couple of things to remember. Your wife is competing with the woman in your mind, and your ideal would be difficult for her to compete with. Many women have confidence issues when it comes to their looks, so when you buy clothes and make up you are stepping into her arena. Buy her clothes also. Always give her confident reassurance and help her feel loved and beautiful. There is some good advice here, listen to it, you have a good thing here, don't blow it by getting self absorbed!
    Gillian, You make some very good points here, Thanks.
    Crissy

It's absolutely normal for her to be jealous, even if she looks 100x better than you in something.
    It's a girl thing to be jealous of another.
    My wife had the same feelings when I came out to her. It took a while for her to realize that me trying to look my best was not compensation for something she lacked, or trying to compete with her, but was only me trying to be the best me I could be.
    She understands now and we share things as girl friends do and we no longer have that issue between us. I help her to look and be her best and she does the same for me.
    I don't wear women's clothes, I wear MY clothes !

Banned Read only
    Two months ago you posted that you came out to your wife. She had the usual questions and fears women have about a husband wearing women's clothing. Now she is supportive? IMHO many women are going to view this relationship as a menage a trois. There's husband and wife. There's Kimberly and wife. Who does the woman have to play up to? Is she trying to compete with Kimberly to keep her husband? Is she trying to accept Kimberly as a girl friend?

I think it is too early for you to believe this is full acceptance. My wife wants nothing to do with Stephanie. Yes, she knows I have an interest in wearing women's clothing. It's 'my thing,' not her's. She is adamant that she married her guy, and, has no interest in wanting a relationship with a man acting as a woman. If she wanted a relationship with a woman, she would be with a woman.

Again, I would not get too comfortable with the idea she is fully accepting. She is entitled to change her mind. I'm not trying to be "Debbie Downer," only a realist.

Of course, now their is other woman in your relationship.

Thank you for all the great support and advice. My wife pretty much gets anything she wants and I'm happy to treat her. I'm blessed to make good money so I can afford to take care of her needs. She has an appointment with her salon today and she took my wig with her to see if they can replicate the look. I think she is going to get the color of her hair changed a bit and get hair extensions. I told her to go for it, whatever she wants to make her happy. Our first girl's night out is about a month out and will be the first time she will meet Kimberly fully dressed. I have mentioned before dressing is not an obsession for me. If my wife hates the experience I will accept it and not push for a second outing. Will just have to wait and see how it goes.

Kimberly

Speaking for myself, the only constant with my wife is change. Sometimes she can be very accepting of my feminine side and other times, like now, I can tell she is only tolerant at best. It gets tough not knowing what to expect from her on any given day.
    Crissy

GG here I’d say I’d tease Sher about her sexy legs saying I’m jealous.But I never was . I’m a confident woman who has flaws but I just am not a jealous types. Everyone is different and her feelings are her feeling and perfectly normal.
    I will say this - there were times when ( I worked weekends) I’d come home from work and Sher would be all dolled up and wanting to goooooo lol/ after working all day I’d feel like poo and I did not enjoy it as much or want pictures of me ( Sher loved pics) cause I’d feel not my best.
    So I get that wanting her hair or whatever she wants so she would feel pretty too. I would say to Sher I don’t feel cute ...... she knew what I meant so we would just go low key out and about. The best times for me and I think Sherlyn too were the planning and getting ready to go to an event.
    My 2 cents I would for the first time your wife seeing you dressed would just plan a low key thing at home doing each other’s nails or hanging out.Most new Ggs to this are nervous about seeing their partner dressed the first time and a different kind of nervous going out. So if you can maybe consider this.
    For example I’ve had Ggs say they laughed or cried out of nervousness or whatever and the hubby all confidence gone ...upset flipped out and evening ruined.
    You know each other so do what is best in your relationship the above did not pertain to me. So best wishes just know this can make such an even stronger bond sharing this together but be considerate of each other always.
    If you are a Genetic Female (Female at Birth) and would like to join us in the F.A.B. Forum, please follow the link.

F.A.B. Forum Access

Sherlyn,My beautiful sweet girl
    You forever and always will be my one and only true love . ❤️

Administrator

Banned Read only
    Kimberly,
    My daughter did say a strange thing to me , despite being separated from my wife now she thinks my wife could be jealous , I'm not sure what if anything has been said but my daughter has seen a few times now . Has she passed anything on , so what prompted her to tell me that ?

I don't think wives like competition, especially from their husband or SO.

I use Ulta brand makeup and would be a little miffed if my husband used more expensive makeup than I do (competition again).

Hair takes a long time to deal with, especially if it's long. To just plop a wig on and call it good is different from the time it takes for me to get my hair ready to go out. (competition again).

In the past, when my husband wanted to get dressed to the 9's, he would find a place to go (usually a bar). That was one of my original complaints when he first started dressing. I would also like to get dressed up but not to walk around the mall, go to a bar, or stay home and take pictures of myself. I wanted to go places where everyone was also dressed up. Now, we do find places where we can both go to dressy events and not feel out of place. Compromising seems to work.

So to answer your question, your wife may be a little jealous but more likely that she doesn't like competition.
    Last edited by char GG; 08-21-2018 at 02:50 PM.

Very nice to have the opinion of some GG’s on this thread! Thanks
    Crissy