Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Is it normal for my wife to get a little jealous?

I'm afraid I'm battling the war on two fronts both mentioned here. She has accidentally seen photos of me dressed trolling the internet. She absolutely refuses to see me dressed. She is about seven years older than me and when I'm dressed I look about ten years younger than my actual age. So she has already told me she is threatened by what I look like dressed. On top of that she fears I will want to transition. She has told me she could never have a relationship with a woman, so she chooses to deal with my dressing as another woman in our relationship. She has told me numerous times she would rather deal with knowing I have a mistress rather than participating in a lesbian relationship. It's black and white in her mind and has driven us deeper into DADT. I don't get it and some of my GG friends don't understand her mindset either.

I don't know why your wife would be jealous. Mine is not and compare me to her she knows I just enjoy the dressing but she doesn't want to a part of it anymore. I just DADT now but at first we bought things together at the same stores. At least your wife is still visiting with you about the dressing. I think mine just got tired of the novelty of me dressing and at first she was over whelmed with love that I would tell her something like this and pour my heart out to her.
    Your wife needs to realize we can never be what they already have and that most of us still love our wives more for accepting what we enjoy what we do. I would never transition and I would imagine every CD on here has thought what that would be like but in reality I don't think many actually go thru all the steps to get there. Especially the married CDs. Just keep the line of communications open and talk often is my advice.

Banned Read only
    Char,
    That's a very good insight into how dressing progresses . The lesson I've had to learn fairly quickly is how to tone it all down , the appropriate clothes and more natural makeup , dressing up to the nines is wonderful but I've found it easier , if you do go a little OTT it doesn't matter . The pictures have become less important the more I go out but it's the only way we can share stories here .

I must admit I'm finding the need stronger to take a lady friend out for a quiet meal and share the company with a woman dressed , it is something I miss from attending social groups . I will add it's not to try and compete and make someone jealous .

California Dreamin Michaelasfun's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Donna St. Marten View Post
    Of course, now their is other woman in your relationship.
    That’s my wife’s attitude in a nutshell. “Competing with another woman” is how she puts it. So yea I’d say theres a bit of that going round lol
    Michaela

If you choose not to decide, you still have made a choice. - Rush

My wife had her consultation at the salon. She's getting her hair extensions next week and seems really excited. Hopefully everything turns out ok.

My wife and I occasionally make deals to keep us both happy...you may have read my recent post about her offering me permission to keep my legs shaved and my arm hairs short in return for a highly optioned new vehicle for her...we were buying her the car regardless but she wanted options I really was opposed to. But she offered the deal to me there in the dealership when the sales associate stepped away allowing us continue our "argument" in private and I immediately and joyfully agreed to her terms...we're both HAPPY!

p.s. I guess the jealousy she has cannot be too bad, or it's lessened over time, given that she's ok with me being shaved knowing that it now allows me to rock sleeveless dresses and go bare legged without the need for hose or tights.
    Last edited by nikkiwindsor; 08-21-2018 at 07:17 PM.
    Wearing my fuschia bodycon dress:
    http://imgur.com/6WkdAts
    For the first time, outdoors during the day:
    http://i.imgur.com/RmjIxbY.jpg

It is interesting that the Chinese ideogram for "trouble" is 2 women under the same roof.
    ALWAYS plan for the worst, then you can be pleasantly surprised if something else happens!

"The important thing about the bear is not how well she dances, but that she dances at all." - Old Russian Proverb (with a gender change)

Quote Originally Posted by Teresa View Post

I must admit I'm finding the need stronger to take a lady friend out for a quiet meal and share the company with a woman dressed ,
    VERY "Male minded" statement ! Every Woman pays for her own meal...Not like Male/Female dating !

My wife and I have had some ups and downs in this regard, but she has always been accepting. For us it is a matter of perspective. In her mind putting the makeup on, doing her hair, nails, etc is a chore, for me it has been an experience that I enjoy and have tried new things. At first it she like, how can you only do this every so often and be so good at it, while in her mind she was upset that she has done this her entire life and in her mind she barely gets by. I think that is the confidence thing all women face, as my wife is a stunning and beautiful women in no makeup and a stunning and beautiful women in makeup and the trimmings. I am not sure that jealous is the right word but she was perplexed that a rough looking guy could actually look pretty while in her mind she was barely getting by. The answer for me is that I am consumed with this as a hobby, passion and an art form of expression so I really put a lot of effort into it and get results. She thinks it is easy for me and it is not, it is a lot of trial and error to get it right and then when I find something I stick with it. She still thinks of all of this as a chore or a burden and is very hard on herself. You know we are our own worst critic and when you are pretty all of the time, you begin to nitpick on the minor stuff, or at least that is what I take from it. There have been sometimes when the pink fog consumed me that I get into a shopping spree or buy some things (lots of things) and then she gives me a bit of a hard time because she would like some new stuff too, so I have to keep myself grounded to remember to take care of her too and as all of us who have accepting wives, we know that we have something special that we need to take very special care to maintain. I think for a while she was also battling the "other women" concept, but as we have grown together in this, we are to the point that she is as much into the "other women" as she is into me in guy mode. Being that we both recognize that I am happier playing for the girls team we have adjusted to the point that she has not only accepted me, but she has grown to be quite fond of my female expression. She said that doesn't make her bisexual, or lesbian it simply makes her my wife regardless of who is wearing the prettiest dress. I think all of the feelings described are natural and that at the end of it all you must find the balance that fits you and your family. Just remember to cherish that she is willing to work with you and be very careful and considerate in your progress. Don't push too hard and remember to consider her feelings. The biggest piece of advice that I see handed out in this forum that I think is one of the most important, is to share everything, be 100% transparent, be completely honest and be sure to approach everything that you do with love and respect being your priority.

Good luck with the journey!

Mattea
    Love makes everyone equal.

mattea, awesome post. Thank you.

Kimberly

Oh yeah...it's normal for the a wife to be a bit jealous
    My GG loves the way I looked in hose and heels....But tell her, nothing beats the raw beauty of of a woman's natural body.

X Kara
    Escapism isn't necessarily bad, but is definitely unhealthy in the long term. While helpful in the short term, things will degrade over time. At some point, the escapee will have to face the issue. Things simply blowing over isn't really going to happen in many situations.

mattea, great post story, thanks for sharing
    Wanting something is a fantasy which on a long time period clouds your mind and makes you think you need it.

Rayleen

Appearance is very important in our society, which is why a lot of women won't go out unless properly dressed. And, if you are hot, you get the best service!
    The judging never stops. There is also the issue that men typically compete, while women cooperate. I'm not there, so I can't tell you exactly what buttons are being pushed.

I was once eating at Wendy's and my wife's friend saw us. She couldn't help remarking that I was eating the salad and she was eating a burger. This did not go over well.

Banned Read only
    Rogina,
    I didn't say anything about paying , I was thinking more of a picnic basket ! Besides we could agree to go Dutch !

The point is I'm in need of female company , it's been far too long, all I need to do now is find one that enjoys my company as Teresa and yes I am working on it .
    Last edited by Teresa; 08-22-2018 at 04:11 PM.