Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: The Lumberjack Song !

Banned Read only

The Lumberjack Song !

I was in my garage this morning sorting brushes and paint out to start decorating my hall , I could hear the guy across the road loading something into a wheelbarrow , so I looked to see him loading logs to store for his woodburner . I called across to him asking if he'd like me to sing him the Lumberjack song , his actual answer isn't repeatable here but he knew I was pulling his leg . As many may know from my previous postings he does know about my dressing and has seen me on several occasions , his wife can't work it out but when I drove off the other day she saw me and gave me a nice wave so obviously she's coming to terms with her new neighbour .

Hi Teresa,

I love the lumberjack song! As a mat of fact I used to use a line from it here in my signature. I'm glad your neighbor may be coming around.

Elizabeth

That reminded me of an old joke. Why did the lumber truck stop in the middle of the road? To let the lumberjack off.

Jodi

I think it's good that you can illicit a response from your neighbour like that.

We do have to lighten things up a bit sometimes.

I hope the interaction continues in the same vein. :-)
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

As a Canadian, I feel honoured that the Pythons would have paid us tribute in this manner.

No shame in being "roasted" by these master satirists, Teresa, and it puts us in very select company. But hey!...one has to wear something pleasurable under those plaid shirts, overalls, and work boots to deal with the cold nights (not to mention all those ubiquitous mosquitos) out there in the wild.

The trick is not to get mauled by a grizzly bear in the process and then being rushed off to a hospital to have the damage tended to. "My, oh my!...What have we here???

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    Never heard of the Lumberjack Song. But, I Googled it. By Monte Python evidently!
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

I accept myself as is Gillian Gigs's Avatar
    I lived in British Columbia for 21 years and wood heated my home for many of those years. I would get my winters wood by felling trees and splitting the logs. I guess you could call me a lumberjack...and I'm ok...LOL. I like to wear women's clothing, suspenders and a bra... unlike the song, I don't press wild flowers.
    Isn't the Lumberjack song the anthem of Crossdressers? LOL
    I like myself, regardless of the packaging that I may come in! It's what is on the inside of the package that counts!

Albuquerque, NM (SE of there in mountain foothills)
    I was not familiar with the song, so read the lyrics then listened to the tune.

The Monty Python group always cracks me up.

Several years ago, the group actually apologized because some groups were complaining about the insensitivity of the song. It is refreshing that so far no one here has been offended.

Platinum Member
    Hi Teresa , I just Googled YouTube the lumberjack song with Monty Python

and your thread now is funny and makes sense now. >Orchid ..00..
    Having my ears triple pierced is AWESOME, ~~......

I can explain it to you, But I can't comprehend it for you !

If at first you don't succeed, Then Skydiving isn't for you.

Be careful what you wish for, Once you ring a bell , you just can't Un-Ring it !! !!

Banned Read only
    Laura,
    The Monty Python team did stir a few people up in there time but as you say time does change things

By coincidence I'm reading Micheal Palin's Pole to Pole again , and he does give some a treat with singing a few verses on his travels .

Teresa
    Regarding your bokk are you reading it chop chop!!!
    I started life a lost man now I am a found woman

Gold Member
    That is the reason I do not go out of the house dressed; I would look like a lumberjack wearing a dress.
    At least some one put it to music.
    Rader

Good one Jodi I'd never heard that joke before and good job on getting your neighbor a little used to you Teresa. We all gain when something like this happens, just take it slow and easy but steady.

Platinum Member
    For the record, I never wanted to run a pet shop, and I know that Norwegian Blue Parrot is not simply pining for the fjords.
    Remember always that you not only have the right to be an individual, you have an obligation to be one.

Eleanor Roosevelt

Aspiring Member dana digs sweaters's Avatar
    Too funny of how a lumberjack song turned into crossdressing

Why not attach a video or at least the lyrics?
    ALWAYS plan for the worst, then you can be pleasantly surprised if something else happens!

"The important thing about the bear is not how well she dances, but that she dances at all." - Old Russian Proverb (with a gender change)

Quote Originally Posted by kimdl93 View Post
    For the record, I never wanted to run a pet shop, and I know that Norwegian Blue Parrot is not simply pining for the fjords.
    It's not dead. It's resting.

Quote Originally Posted by docrobbysherry View Post
    Never heard of the Lumberjack Song. But, I Googled it. By Monte Python evidently!
    I'm surprised you've gone so long without hearing of it, but that means today's your lucky day!

And for those who still haven't, "lumberjack song" on Youtube or Google will quickly find it.
    Quote Originally Posted by MissDanielle View Post
    If there's one thing I hate more than anything in the world: it's living a lie. And clowns.

This song has been one of my favorites since I first heard it.
    Especially when followed up with this complaint from an irate listener...
    "Dear Sir, I wish to complain in the strongest possible terms about the song which you have just broadcast about the lumberjack who wears women's clothes. Many of my best friends are lumberjacks, and only a few of them are transvestites."

LMAO

Love the Lumberjack song. I grew up in the states but watched any and all Monty Python I could get my hands on in my teenage years. My soccer (futbol) coach also loved the Flying Circus and we use to sing that song at practice in lighter moments. Thanks for this today....I needed it.
    I have been circling for a thousand years,
    and I still don?t know if I am a falcon, or a storm,
    or a great song.

Rainer Maria Rilke
    https://www.flickr.com/people/170325405@N05/

Gracie, I too have loved the song ever since I first heard it. And I love being reminded of the comments given afterward; "only a few are..." LOL

Love the Lumberjack song.

It would only be Americans who haven’t heard it, as Monty Python never really caught on in the U.S. mainstream. To those who haven’t, google “The lumberjack song”.

Michelle.

I am staggered that so many of you ladies have not heard of the song before its a classic....there is also a classic transgender scene in the Life of Brian https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sFBOQzSk14c Its called I want to be a Woman
    A.K.A Rebecca & Bec

Hi!!!!

I am also surprised, since I though it was part of pop culture in English. When I was in the US, you could see the show - butchered to pieces and in the wrong order - in the local PBS station. But in university, I used to watch it in VHS (or maybe Betamax) bootlegs with subtitles in Spanish! The subtitles were "weird" because probably it came from a version from Spain. I have seen the show and all the movies, many many times... the only US show that comes close, in my opinion, is "Mr Show with Bob and David".

Love love
    Val