Thread: A Small OMG Moment

A Small OMG Moment

I was out shopping the other day looking for a new sofa.

I was wearing cream pants and a white top with flowers on it. Smart but casual for a regular shopping trip.

Well I had not visited this particular store since before Christmas, when I suddenly had an OMG moment.

After taking three steps into the store he guy in the store says "welcome back are you still looking for a sofa".
    Then I am thinking how can he remember me while thanking him at the same time.

I guess I made an impression ?

Anyone else have the same experience ??
    Shelly

Super Moderator....How to tell your partner......Abbreviations

Impressive that, nine months later, he remembered you as well as what you were looking for. Some people just have a gift for that.

Did you purchase a new sofa?

I'm guessing that your way of CDng impressed him deeply, and you stuck in his mind. He also saw a distinctive customer,and has been looking for you to come back ever since!
    We are all beautiful...!

I get that from time to time. I like to think that I move through life unnoticed but, in fact, I guess I register with some folks. (To be fair, I still remember folks I met 50 years ago that for some reason stuck in my mind.) As long as people don't seem to remember me in anger, I'm OK with it.
    I am not a woman; I don't want to be a woman; I don't want to be mistaken for a woman.
    I am not a man; I don't want to be a man; I don't want to be mistaken for a man.
    I am a transgender person. And I'm still figuring out what that means.

Shelley
    You struck just the right note there and the fact he remebered you in a nice way goes to show how we are all sloowly but surely getting a higher degree of acceptance, well done you!
    I started life a lost man now I am a found woman

I have been noticed on return to a store on several occasions.

If you stand out a little from the crowd you will be remembered.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

Obviously, you made a good impression! I also think that this man is a good sales person!
    Hugs, Carole

I had that experience at Sephora in guy mode. I went in once just scouting it out. I did ask a few questions. 2 weeks later I went in and the manager greeted me by name. I was a bit taken aback but very impressed. I have been there 2 times since for makeup sessions.

Banned Read only
    Shelly,
    Maybe you should tell us the full story of what you did last time you tried out the sofas ? I'm glad you weren't shopping for a new bed !

I must admit I'm out of practice but at one time I could remember many of my customers from their visits one year to the next . It was lovely when I had famillies return for family portraits seeing the children grow up . You tend to forget how long you've been in business until the same children book their wedding photgraphs with you and then start the ball rolling again by bringing their children for photographs .

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    Sort of the same thing at my fave Kohl's store.
    Makes no difference in guy mode or girl mode the SA's in the ladies dept always want to chat for a bit.

Shelly, no doubt you made an impression.
    Please call me Jamie, I always_have crossdressed, I always will, "alwayshave".

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    Shelly, as u know I don't favor vanilla venues dressed. One of the reasons is NOT that folks that see me will remember me.

It's more that I worry about them seeing me again in their dreams! Or, more likely their nite mare!
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

Senior Member Nikkilovesdresses's Avatar
    Or maybe you're their only customer?
    I used to have a short attention spa

Quote Originally Posted by Tracy Irving View Post
    Impressive that, nine months later, he remembered you as well as what you were looking for. Some people just have a gift for that.

Did you purchase a new sofa?
    Yes I was really impressed by that too.

Quote Originally Posted by phili View Post
    I'm guessing that your way of CDng impressed him deeply, and you stuck in his mind. He also saw a distinctive customer,and has been looking for you to come back ever since!
    I can only be myself, however I have been know to make a bigger impact when wearing a skirt but that's another story.

Quote Originally Posted by Teresa View Post
    Shelly,
    Maybe you should tell us the full story of what you did last time you tried out the sofas ? I'm glad you weren't shopping for a new bed !

I must admit I'm out of practice but at one time I could remember many of my customers from their visits one year to the next . It was lovely when I had famillies return for family portraits seeing the children grow up . You tend to forget how long you've been in business until the same children book their wedding photgraphs with you and then start the ball rolling again by bringing their children for photographs .
    Had I been shopping for a bed you just never know.

Seeing the same people return must have been great for business Teresa.

Quote Originally Posted by Nikkilovesdresses View Post
    Or maybe you're their only customer?
    Well since there were at least another 5 customers in store I know that's not true
    Shelly

Super Moderator....How to tell your partner......Abbreviations

Not I girl mode but yes.When I was in high school I was in a hot and run. The cop came out to do a report for insurance purposes as I had little info on the car but also had a witness to the hit and run. 15 years later I was out some where don't even remember where or doing what, a guy comes up to me says I know you from some where. He looked vaguely familiar to me but couldn't say why. He then says he is a cop asks if he got me for something recently I said no, no police interaction in years the truth. He came back a little later asked did I have/ drive ee's and ice cream truck? Then it all made sense as I was driving an ice cream truck when I was hit.

Years ago I was in another town for a week. Dressed every night. Day one I went through a fast food drive in with no drama. A few days later, I hit the same drive in. The clerk looked at me and asked if I would be a regular now. Blew me away!

I had the exact same experience, but it was a store that only sold sofas.
    I enjoy being a boy, being a GIRL like me!!!