Thread: When you and your significant other buy the same dress 👗

When you and your significant other buy the same dress 👗

I’ve got a military reunion this weekend and the wife is going with me for the first time so we have been shopping the past two weekends to find a dress (for her). 😉

Last night I came home and she had a beautiful new blue lace dress that she found. I so wanted to share with her that I have a similar dress in black. It’s one of my absolute favorites. Instead I just smiled and told her I knew she would be beautiful in it.

It’s nice you both have similar taste and I think you handled it perfectly.
    Crissy

I think it's wonderful to have a relationship like yours.

Keep on sharing these events in your life forever.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

A very smart decision by you!
    Hugs, Carole

I had a similar experience, but with a black pencil skirt. I wore it recently and when I walked in the room, she smiled but didn’t say anything. A little later, she walked in my den. I did a double take....she was wearing the identical skirt. We just smiled at each other. I suggested celebrating by going for a ride. While she is totally supportive, she’s a little reluctant to go out with me while I’m dressed...small town, but she agreed. We’re close, but this experience of wearing the same skirt seemed to bring us even closer. It was a very enjoyable ride.

Well played. Have fun at the reunion.

NancySue, I am envious of your relationship. I don’t think my wife would ever get to the point where she would participate with me in dressing, though she has surprised me in the past. I just wish I didn’t have to hide it from her. Or perhaps I wish that I was confident that our marriage would not only withstand but improve by not hiding it from her. Some day...

Hugs,
    Charli

that would never happeb here. Frst, My wife does not wear dresses and she dors not participate in my dressing

My wife and I have very similar taste in dresses, our eyes are often taken to the same dress on the rack. We have been known to buy the same item and the SA at the cash desk may say 'you know you have two different sizes here?' Depending on the assistant my wife may say 'it's for a friend' though I have been known to say 'one for her and one for me!' One time I was holding all our selections and the assistant asked if I needed to try them on. She apologised for the joke but I later told her that she had obviously had sufficient diversity training and that she was quite correct in her assumption.

The dress I'm wearing in my photo ...my wife bought herself the same on at the same time. I had mine altered since they were purchased so I could wear it to a meeting. Hers hasn't left the closet yet. Maybe one day we'll match ... I've got my fingers crossed!

I think you you did a perfect job of handling what happened are you going to wear your black one like hers to the reunion? Probably a dumb question.... Just wondering?

Jaylyn,

I wish I was wearing it with her. But I am not out of the closet to anyone. So no. The black lace will stay in the closet with Charli and my male persona will attend the reunion.

Even though one of my military mates has fully transitioned, and AFAIK has had very little negative responses from some pretty hard men, I can’t imagine a scenario where I’d dress to go to one of my reunions.

Mind you, some of the get togethers can be boring beyond belief. Me in a dress would probably make it memorable.

As far as dressing goes, my wife and I have similar tastes, so it’s not surprising that we have a lot of similar outfits. But we don’t swap clothes. Neither do we have the same outfits but in different sizes.

Michelle.

One of the best parts of being open and honest with my wife over my dressing desire is our ability now to share time shopping together. My wife and I can openly talk about what items we like and don't like. My wife and I do not have any skirts or dresses that are the same but we do share panties and bras of the same style and make. Life is nice when you can share this with your best friend. We do share nail polish.
    Teri Ray Rural Idaho Girl.

Making it all about her was the way to go..
    Please call me Jamie, I always_have crossdressed, I always will, "alwayshave".

My wife and I have purchased the same dress on several occasions, sometimes like Chris we purchase the same dress in two different sizes at the same time. Other times my wife comes home with a new cute dress and if I like it I'll ask where is mine, and she will attempt to find one in my size. On even rarer occasions we will buy a dress for me while out (Male mode) and after returning home I will model it for her and she will look at me a say it looks great and she wants one too. I'd say of the dozen or so dresses in my closet my wife has a matching one for at least 5-6.
    Jill

My wife found a rack of sundresses on sale for $7.00 and brought one home.I loved it and asked her to go back and pick one up for me which she did so we both have the same dress but different sizes.Big diff is she goes out in hers and I can only wear mine around the house.I would share a pic of us in them but I know she would never consider that.
    If I knew where it was going to take me I probably would have put my mother's panties back.

Banned Read only
    It was not done on purpose, but, my wife and I do have the same dress. It's a Croft & Barrow print. My wife is not appreciative of my cross dressing. She is not aware of the extent of my wardrobe. If she was supportive and a participant she'd find out we wear the same size; XL or 16-18. Many of my dresses would look great on her.

Aspiring Member
    We wouldm't buy the same dress as my taste is far more girly than her's. When it comes to dresses I love the press of a boned bodice and the flow of a full skirt, particularly in an taffeta or such like, for her, she just likes to be comfortable. Yes, she's probably the more sensible one of the two, but me, sometimes I like to suffer for my art

I think you did the right thing Charli.
    Even for those who have a fairly CD-accepting partner, similar outfits could potentially be misinterpreted as competition.
    "The only way is onward. There is no turning back."