Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Long solo drive

Breathes under water prettytoes's Avatar

Long solo drive

I'm doing a 5 hour drive tomorrow to visit some friends near Boston for the weekend. I usually don't go out dressed, other than jeans or some activewear on my pre-dawn bike ride. I'm thinking about a nylon running skirt, or a denim mini skirt for the drive. I can change out of that into nylon shorts quickly if needed. My truck has tinted front windows, so it would be difficult for someone to see inside, but not impossible. I just think driving in a skirt would be fun! I'm just concerned about the "what if's"...accident...police stop...etc. Hmmmmm what to do???
    Life's too short to not be enjoyed! Live each day to the fullest!

Just do it, PT. I do two long days of driving to get to Keystone each year. 1000 miles in 6 states and have never had a problem. I even check into my hotel at the end of day one dressed. Have fun!
    Be yourself. Everyone else is taken!

Ah, the old what if's. We've all been there,stacking up reason not to, creating disaster scenarios in our minds. Yes you could have an accident but the real truth is it's highly unlikely. Stopped by the police, so what. You're not breaking any laws, be polite, do as the officer says, they'll be polite and professional in return, go on your way.

Just do it.
    Who dares wears Get in, get out without being noticed

Don't worry about the what if just get dressed and set the cruise control turn up the music.
    Have fun on your drive

Albuquerque, NM (SE of there in mountain foothills)
    Just go for it. Having driven many miles (including cross-country), while dressed, one's defensive driving senses are greatly heightened (IMO) ... so perhaps safety behind the wheel is actually enhanced.

Too, the adrenaline rush of fulfilling such a strong desire (to be out and about en femme) tops the experience.

I have had the odd occasion to drive from VA to PA to visit my then ailing parents. Several times I got totally dressed, dress, makeup, hair done, boots etc. I too worried about all the "ifs" but the only issue I had was having to take a potty break along the Eastern Shore of VA. Not too accepting. Several times I went off the highway, found a country road, and squatted to do my business. Always had to find the right spot to pull off and get back into male mode. That was always a big let down. Until I remembered I could do it on the way back.

Twice I have made long distance drives dressed. Once involved taking a ferry across Long Island Sound and driving to northern New England. I could not dress at home before departing, so I did so in the car before exiting the ferry, including makeup. I was fairly new at the process and did not dare to stop to eat or use a restroom. The latter created a close-to-serious problem at one point, but ended OK when I found an out of the way place to park.

The other time was even earlier in my dressing history. I had no shoes, 1 pair of panties, no wig, etc. I was driving on I-85 through CT and RI to visit my daughter. Time constraints meant that I would be staying one night at a family cabin in RI. I stopped at a shopping center at a Payless and purchased my first pair of shoes, low heel dress shoes. Well, I wanted to wear them, but they really did need more of an outfit to complement them. The slip fit me perfectly except for missing boobs (I had neither bra nor forms). Before I left the shopping center parking lot, on wen the panties, then the pantyhose and, after screwing up my courage, the slip and brand new shoes! I was in heaven and felt compelled to continue the remainder of the trip that way. I even stopped at a rest area on the way, got out of the car and walked around for a bit in my heels before continuing on to the cabin for the night. I dispensed with my PJs for the night and slept in the slip. I was thrilled, to say the least. To quote Lydial above, "Too, the adrenaline rush of fulfilling such a strong desire (to be out and about en femme) tops the experience."

I've driven 300 miles through Missouri and northern Arkansas dressed while hauling my canoe for an annual April float on the Buffalo River. I make numerous stops for meals, gas, a shopping mall in Springfield, etc.. Yes, I even need to make several potty stops too!
    Just dress to blend, act like you belong where you are and doing what you are doing and you will be OK.

Photo taken in Belton, MO by the Nail Tech where I stopped enroute to get a manicure and have my nails painted at the beginning of my trip.

Suzi Q
    Attached Images Attached Images

Suzi, The thing that strikes me is how happy you look, not to mention beautiful!
    Prettytoes, I think you should just go for it and enjoy yourself! Crissy
    Last edited by Crissy 107; 08-23-2018 at 09:30 PM.

not illegal. do it.

I would say just do it and follow your own advice in your signature line.
    I enjoy being a boy, being a GIRL like me!!!

You are no more likely to be stopped or have an accident dressed one way or another. I think you should stop worrying and do it.

If you enjoy worrying, then think about the various scenarios and how you would react. That way, if something does go wrong, you won't be reacting unprepared.

I hope you enjoy your trip! Perhaps you will let us know how it goes?

Sami
    My new blog: The Crossdresser Report
    https://crossdresserreport.com/

The odds of getting caught are slim provided you drive carefully.

The unplanned will happen any time.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

Quote Originally Posted by prettytoes View Post
    I'm just concerned about the "what if's"...accident...police stop...etc. Hmmmmm what to do???
    Well... let's examine those what if's...
    Police stop. This assumes that you committed some violation. Comply with the officer's requests and then go about your business. No, he/she will not even mention your attire. No. They won't.
    Accident? Assuming injuries, yours or theirs, on this, you may trust me. The medics have bigger problems to worry about than your attire. The tranny police don't exist (anymore). You won't be committing a crime by crossdressing.

What this boils down to is that you're mortified that someone might learn your "secret". If you aren't comfortable with idea of being seen dressed in public, why subject yourself to the stress?

JUST GO!! Pretty toes, get yourself dressed up and enjoy yourself. You would not believe how many drivers are also dressed. We are always on the look out for DOT, highway patrol, and any other host of "problems". I will admit that I cross two countries dressed.

There's that smile! CarlaWestin's Avatar
    Police and what not are out there for your safety. If you happen to meet one on the road, they probably just enjoy the conversation with a happy person compared to the morons they normally deal with.
    Avoid conversations the include phrases like, "Well, hold my beer while I try to find my license." or "I don't know. Why don't you tell me how fast I was going, Smartass!"
    I've waited so long for this time. Makeup is so frustrating. Shaking hands and I look so old. This was a mistake.
    My new maid's outfit is cute. Sure fits tight.
    And then I step into the bedroom and in the mirror, I see a beautiful woman looking back at me.
    Smile, Honey! You look fabulous!

Pretty Toes,
    I completely understand the thought process you are going through. I have been down this road and will go down it again and again.
    As said before the police, emts, gas station attendants do not care and will be professional. Wait are there gas station attendants any longer?
    I have recently started driving from work sites back to my home which allows me a 45 minute to hour drive. I am becoming well versed in changing in a car, park restroom or convenience store restroom.
    I never have an issue other than some strange looks but hey who cares?

I will be making a trip in October from Denver to Brainard Minnisota and I am doing it dress (sort of) My wife recently bought me a dress and some leggins, several ladies shirts that can be either gender but to me they are ladies shirts. So we are driving across Nebraska and South Dakota wearing a comfortable dress and leggins. Yes I will be a MIAD but it is a step and my wife is ok with it. My concern is using restrooms and doing the food thing on the road. I am getting to I don't care though.

Go at your own pace and have fun. This is what this is about.

Heidi
    hugs and more hugs

Rhandi

Banned Read only
    I have not taken a long distance drive. I have taken many drives within the ten miles or so range. I worried about the unexpected. What is my car breaks down? Carry a change of clothing. What is I get stopped for a burned out taillight? Check all lights and mechanical systems before leaving. Don't drink any alcohol. If you get stopped for a traffic violation the police officer will cite you and send you on your way. There's always the chance of an accident happening. Or a kid running out in front of you to retrieve a ball. Your description of attire really does not prevent a quick change if necessary. When I go out it is a dress, hosiery and heels, all the proper undergarments and a wig. I do forego the makeup because it is time consuming to apply and take off. I've never had a problem or been stopped because I do follow the precautions listed.

@prettytoes,
    You go girl!!!
    It is all I have to say.
    And all the people you will meet on your trip? You probabbly are never going to see them ever again.

I don't like agreeing with everyone so I'm gonna say don't do it! Driving while dressed may lead to more crossdressing in public! This is because you won't get any attention at all when driving en fem. No one will notice you. You'll stop for gas and still, no one will notice that there's a CD in the area.

Chances are, you're gonna want more than this. You will at least want to hit a drive thru taco bell or other fast food restaurant to see if an employee will notice you. Soon you'll be parading around downtown wearing a provocative outfit!

Driving while dressed leads to harder CDing. Don't do it!
    "You're the only one to see the changes you take yourself through", Stevie Wonder

I often take solo trips as part of my job. I'm usually wearing yoga pants or leggings with a sleeveless women's workout top and sports bra. I'm definitely not trying to pass, I just think the clothes are more comfortable for the drive. I take a pair of jogging pants for when I get to my destination. Just slip them over my leggings.
    I don't change when I stop for gas. Sure I get some looks, but who cares!

Silver Member
    I often elect to drive somewhere rather then fly just so I can dress completely en femme, including makeup, my 'girls' and wig. Its wonderful!

Platinum Member
    The what if’s will happen, of course. I’ve driven en femme from TX to MN and back at least a half dozen times. One trip I had a distributor problem going through a small town just north of Muskogee. Spent 3 hrs at a dealership while it was repaired. I was treated with the utmost courtesy and always addressed in the gender I was presenting. On a return trip a couple years later, I blew a tire on a uhaul trailer as I went though Witchita, KS. As it was a late Saturday afternoon, it took an hour to line up the tire replacement (no. Spare!). Again, I was treated very courteously and put back on the road.
    Remember always that you not only have the right to be an individual, you have an obligation to be one.

Eleanor Roosevelt

I really enjoy driving while dressed, but have to be carefully doing so. Not because of the police, but we have Billy Bob,John boy and Rambo running in this part of the country and a large military presence as well. But even so, i still enjoy driving and dressing. Haven't had the nerve to go to an out of the way store or gas station while dressed. Hopefully soon. Next week end my wife is going to Georgia for 2-3 days. Maybe I will get up the nerve to stop and go into a store out of town.

Breathes under water prettytoes's Avatar
    I wore my denim Old Navy mini skirt for about 5 hours on the way up, and 4 hours on the way back. I got pretty good at changing from shorts to skirt in stop and go traffic! lol It was a great feeling, and smooth, freshly shaved legs made it better (I keep my legs shaved, it's just that freshly shaved feels so nice!) I do not attempt to pass...kind of hard with a mustache! I just like the look and feel of women's clothes.
    Life's too short to not be enjoyed! Live each day to the fullest!