Thread: First steps

First steps

Today, I took one of the first steps. I was given the number to an employee assistance program offering counseling services. I called the number and after about a 20 minute phone call, was able to get a referral to a therapist that deals with gender issues. I will hopefully be able to call her office tomorrow afternoon (I work nights, so it's sometimes difficult to do these kinds of things) and am going to be trying to set up an appointment on either Monday or Tuesday. Wish me luck!!!

Best of luck! Hugs Lana Mae
    Life is worth living!
    "Foxy lady! You look so good!!" Jimi Hendrix

Don't even need to wish you luck. You've taken an important step, and both the step and the act of taking it are significant. Good for you.

Utah, north of West Jordan, south of North Salt Lake & west of South Salt Lake
    Good for you! Just stay honest with yourself and keep moving until you are happy.
    Sarah
    Being transgender isn't a lifestyle choice. How you deal with it is.

I agree with aunt Kelly, I'm a witness of so many supernatural things but our will is more powerful so keep moving forward and I'm not pushing you for transition but to know yourself better, like Sarah said, with honesty, knowing the truth is freedom, that's my humble opinion based on my experience and reading about it.
    HRT 042018; Full time 032019
    Orchiectomy 062020; gender& name legal changed 102020
    Electrolysis face begins 082019, in genitals for GCS 062021
    Breast augmentation surgery 012022
    GCS 072022; BBL 022023; GCS revision 04203;END TRANSITION

Well, after my first session, my therapist's initial diagnosis is an adjustment disorder with depressive features, but she also said that gender dysphoria is a possibility and that the initial diagnosis is likely to change as I see her more.