Thread: Trip time Hospital

Trip time Hospital

The last four days have been very stressful for me yet sort of liberating also. Woke up with chest pains three o'clock in the morning. Was wearing light baby blue panties, matching bra and nightgown. My wife is accepting so I woke her up and told her I need to go to hospital which is about five minutes away. Had to change clothes and asked her to get them for me. She comes back with my gray female tennis shoes my skinny jeans, tshirt and a white pair of nice panties. Was a little surprised with the panties but got dressed

At emergency room when I said chest pains Everyone went into action and I was immediately brought in the back with wife staying behind to do paper work. In my room with the female nurse who tells me to take everything off and put on the hospital gown. I wait for her to leave, she doesn't. The nurse says don't be bashful, I can't leave the room with you having chest pains and honey I've seen it all. S___, so I pull tshirt of and realize s___ again, bra lines to late to stop now. Off with shoes and pants standing in panties, drop them a n d put gown on. She says does your wife know you wear these and I said yes. Her reply, cool. She says can I ask you something personal, I say sure. Well she wants to know where I bought my panties because she really liked them. My chest pains had gone away other wise I may have really died from a heart attack. We chit chatted about how much she enjoyed her lingerie and how she loved that I had the courage to wear what I wanted. My wife came in and we changed the subject.

Next I had to have an EKG, bra lines again. not an eye blinked from tech. After that an xray by another tech who was male, not a word said about bra lines. Next doctor comes in undo my gown and listens to heart and lungs not a word said. I had to be transported to another hospital and the EMT had to change me from hospital monitoring equipment to his equipment, not a word said about obvious bra lines.

My point is I have seen many post of fear of winding up in hospital emergency rooms while out dressed. No one cared, they are doing their jobs, saving your life. The only one who made a verbal comet was the first nurse I saw and that was a positive experience. As a side note one was black, one Hispanic the rest white. I have had two other encounters in emergency rooms and both of those we not a problem. Soooo never let fear of what someone else might think or say prevent you from following your dreams or desires. Comments of other positive hospital or police encounters?

My medical condition. Three days in hospital. Second largest artery in my body was 90% to 95% blocked. If I had not gone to the ER i proberly would not be typing this now. A Stint was put in yesterday I'm home today feeling like a million bucks. As another side note my cardiologist knows I underdress and his comment to me this morning was that he wondered how many crossdressers didn't go to the ER in an emergency situation because they were afraid what someone might think or say. At least I'm here to contunue to dress.

Platinum Member
    So glad you got in there when you did. And congratulations on being cool!
    Remember always that you not only have the right to be an individual, you have an obligation to be one.

Eleanor Roosevelt

I'm glad you are fine now... When times get hard our little fears of being discovered or misunderstood are taken back to their size. This is an extraordinary post, thank you for sharing.
    Mafalda
    The best dress in my wardrobe? A happy smile!

Platinum Member
    Hi Sidney , Glad that things are working out for you now >Orchid ..++..
    Having my ears triple pierced is AWESOME, ~~......

I can explain it to you, But I can't comprehend it for you !

If at first you don't succeed, Then Skydiving isn't for you.

Be careful what you wish for, Once you ring a bell , you just can't Un-Ring it !! !!

Silver Member
    Glad you're OK. Stints are life savers!
    Twice, yes twice..different hospital visits, and red toenails seen each time... they had to remove my socks .. one male nurse, one female nurse. Both said "not a problem". The female nurse added, "very pretty".

hello Sidney,
    glad to hear you are OK - and your experience proves that there a re still good people in this world that do not judge us,
    luv J

Good ending.
    To true about medical people, heck of a lot of medical staff seen me fully dressed and in a lot less and never blinked.
    See all my photos, read many stories of my outings and my early days at
    http://rachelsauckland.blogspot.co.nz

"...I'm home today feeling like a million bucks."

Great news.
    Like a lady

Glad to hear you are ok Sydney and nice story thanks for sharing
    A.K.A Rebecca & Bec

FWIW; I work in a hospital e.r.. It's our job to get you healthy and keep you alive. I don't know anyone who won't do their job even if they don't like gay, crossdressers, [pick your race/culture/gang/army], whatever. Yes, the bad folks might talk about you afterwards. But most won't. We simply don't care what you do outside in the real world. We save all sorts of folks, that perhaps some would think we shouldn't. Rapists. Murderers. Wife beaters.

It's not our job to judge.

Come in with chest pains? We'll do our best to make sure you get back to your family healthy.

Don't let embarrassment deter you from seeking help. We've made tremendous advances in treating strokes and heart attacks. If you think something is wrong, please, please come right into any e.r. as soon as you think something is wrong; time may be critical in keeping you from being affected over the long term.

We go through a lot of work, learning how to save lives. Hospitals pay us very well because of those special skills we have.

Let us do what we've worked so hard to get very good at.
    Some causes of crossdressing you've probably never even considered: My TG biography at:http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/...=1#post1490560
    There's an addendum at post # 82 on that thread, too. It's about a ten minute read.
    Why don't we understand our desire to dress, behave and feel like a girl? Because from childhood, boys are told that the worst possible thing we can be, is a sissy. This feeling is so ingrained into our psyche, that we will suppress any thoughts that connect us to being or wanting to be feminine, even to the point of creating separate personalities to assign those female feelings into.

I agree with everybody. This is an amazing story, and it should be an encouragement to those who worry about being caught if the unexpected happens.

It's good news that you survived to share your story. Congratulations are on order for the professionals who tended to your care.

Sami
    My new blog: The Crossdresser Report
    https://crossdresserreport.com/

Sidney I'm so glad that you've come through this and are on the road to recovery! I'm glad that you didn't let your Crossdressing get in the way of your health.

It's fair to say that we've all had these types of fears; especially of discovery. So many of the threads here are about being found out!

But it's important to remember your priorities. If it's a complete stranger, WHO CARES if they see your knickers or bra? Particularly and especially if that person is about to save your life!

Even if I'm in a department store looking at knickers or a bra, if a SA asks, I tell her that they're for me, as I'm a cross dresser (that did take time, admittedly, LOL!).

Michelle.

Medical professionals have seen it all and do not care as said earlier. Last year I had a Dr visit and was prepared by wearing my Jockey NPLP bikinis in black. The Doc said to take off my shoes and socks. I’m thinking oops as my toes were a pretty pink. The Dr did not blink an eye but the young female assistant did smile.
    Crissy

Wherever there is a Sale or Macys, but mostly Baltimore MD
    Good to hear you are doing better. Also nice to hear you have a supportive spouse. I'm sure the medical community has seen it all and probably seeing what a person wears is mild compared to other things.
    Kelly DeWinter
    Find Kelly at:
    Kelly's Blog
    Flicker
    [COLOR=#2e8b57

Sidney, first I'm glad that you had the stent placed and are doing OK. Professionals are professionals, they know what is important and what you are wearing isn not. Please get better.
    Last edited by alwayshave; 08-25-2018 at 06:44 AM.
    Please call me Jamie, I always_have crossdressed, I always will, "alwayshave".

Sidney, glad everything turned out ok. I've been down the same path when I had my heart attack. I just had polished toes but nothing was said.

Glad things went well - hope your recovery is good

Best wishes for no more trips to the Emergency Room. Thanks for sharing your story. Take great care of yourself.
    Teri Ray Rural Idaho Girl.

Glad to see that you made it through and are still with us. Arterial blockage is nothing to take lightly and good to know you got it in time.

As for the ER visits, I’ve had my nails painted 24/7 for the most of the past couple of years, as well as owning nothing other than panties. I’ve been to the ER a few times for a variety of things ranging from anxiety to abdominal pain, and haven’t had any experiences other a few nurses complimenting my choice of nail color, undergarments, or makeup on the rare occasion I still had it on when I went.

As others have said, the medical workers really don’t prioritize what we wear as patients, unless it’s something dangerous to us. If they care, they are professional enough to keep it to themselves.

Banned Read only
    Your doctor made a good point. There are probably many men who have had a medical crisis and fail to seek care because they are in some way en femme, underdressed or otherwise. I suspect it is true that all medical personnel have seen it all.

You may want to check your band size for your bra. I do not know of many women who enjoy being strangled in their bras. However, I do see too many women wearing a bra that is too small and clothes too tight just by looking at the rolls of flesh pushing around the bra straps.

When I was a teenager and occasionally wore my mother's open bottom girdle I learned never to wear a tight fitting girdle before a physical exam. I had a physical for a job at United Parcel Service during the summer, and, did not realize the indentations the girdle would make on my butt. Yikes! I don't think they all faded before the physical. Back in the 1960's people were not all that accepting. I wondered if the male doctor did notice the faded lines because I was not called for the job. I make sure my undergarments fit. I do wonder how many closeted cross dressers shed their clothes in the bedroom before their wives without realizing there may be a tell tale reminder of being en femme all day?

It is a very good thing that you decided that your health was more important than maybe being embarrassed. Nurses and Drs. have seen a lot!
    Hugs, Carole

Their main course of action is keeping you alive, not analysing you or what you are wearing.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

Silver Member
    Glad things worked out. A couple months ago my dermatologist removed a cyst from under my boob. It was/is obvious that I wear bras. No one said anything except she told me not to wear anything tight until it healed.

Aspiring Member sarah_hillcrest's Avatar
    really happy you're OK.

Sidney: So glad you received the medical care you needed. Continue getting well.