Thread: I'm so in a rut...help!

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

I'm so in a rut...help!

Help me girlfriends...two of my GFs just called me out for being in a fashion rut.

At first, I denied having a problem thinking "what do you mean I wear the same dresses all the time? I have many dresses; minis and gowns, even a midi; long sleeve and now even a couple short sleeve; a variety of colors; textures of all persuasions, etc." One GF responded that despite all that I'm beholden to bodycon dresses and I really need to step out and try some new styles. Well, I guess I'm admitting she's right (I have but one peasant dress and I don't think I've ever posted a full length pic of me wearing it) but I really don't like admitting she knows more about me than I know about myself sometimes...eeerrr!

So, although I'm a bit perturbed with all of this, I'm ready to step out and try a different style (not pants...see the "antipanters" thread for my opinion on pants and shorts) of dress...maybe "fit and flare"? I saw a young lady in a beautiful sleeveless fit and flare dress hemmed just below the knees and I thought maybe that style would work for me? What do you think?

Please send me some suggestions about what would look good on me that isn't bodycon. And pics and sources would be a definite assist.

I'm finally beyond denial about my "in the rut" fashion sense and ready to try something new...but not pants!

Loveyah! Nikki
    Last edited by nikkiwindsor; 08-25-2018 at 05:02 AM.
    Wearing my fuschia bodycon dress:
    http://imgur.com/6WkdAts
    For the first time, outdoors during the day:
    http://i.imgur.com/RmjIxbY.jpg