Thread: Working in drab

Working in drab

I work in a large open office although I always make the effort to turn up smart, I just can't help admiring the lady's I work with and I'd love to turn up dressed like them but unfortunately this would not be possible, I do pay close attention to them the way they walk sit and stand, this has taught me a lot in the way I dress and I love to emulate there styles but disappointingly this is always at home.

Aspiring Member
    Hi Julie
    I am much the same only now retired, but at any social function, see neighbours etc or when out and about (in drab) I do the same and see GGs in lovely clothes and think.... if only. And not just the clothes, their figures too.
    Vikky
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Adventure before dementia

Julie,

Yes imitation is the sincerest form of flattery so learning off the masters is always a good thing. It is however a bit like looking at all those lovely cakes in the bakers shop window but knowing you're on a strict diet.

You say it's always at home but is it your aim to get out and about and truly emulate the GG's. Show off your dress sense to a wider audience?
    Who dares wears Get in, get out without being noticed

Stay in drab, you need the money to buy pretty things.

Go dressed and you may not have a job.

Just keep dreaming, it doesn't hurt anybody.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

Quote Originally Posted by MissDanielle View Post
    If there's one thing I hate more than anything in the world: it's living a lie. And clowns.