Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Anyone Have a Good Relationship with Mom?

Banned Read only

Anyone Have a Good Relationship with Mom?

Hi Ladies,

I Know a number of us got started by dressing in our Mother's outfits. I was wondering if that caused your relationship with you Mom to get better?

I Started dressing about 30 years ago and it was VERY DIFFICULT for about 15 or so years. Getting busted about 3 times when I was young, getting yelled at, that stare. My, Mom has come around a lot over the past 15 years, and we are now like gal pals! We Shop and dress together. Do any of you have the same relationship? I know what caused her to come around was when she started getting looks for doing taboo things

Geoff / Lady G The Exercise Video Queen

I got along great with my Mom, but I didn't let her know about my feminine side until much later in life. When I did, her response was simply "Oh. I thought you were going to tell me you were gay." No big reaction at all.
    She has since passed and I wonder if I'd missed an opportunity back way back then.
    I'll never know.

I mostly wore my sister's clothes and only wore my mother's old half slips. I don't think she knew at the time. I only recently told her about the skirts and she has seen me in them on occasion. Told her about the sister clothes but not her half slips.

She is ok with it and it didn't seem to have any effect on our relationship, but we aren't super close. Call once a week, see each other maybe 15 times a year. She isn't a big shopper so I wouldn't see us going shopping together like that.

But I see some of this in my mother-in-law. When she first found out she bought me a woman's pink sweatshirt (but it was too small so it ended up going to one my wife's friends). She also offered to buy something feminine for me at Old Navy when we were there but they didn't have anything I liked.

I have a great relationship with my mom. When i came out to her she said she had known for many years - she was just waiting for me to know and accept.

My mom was sort of shocked to see me crossdressing when I was 4, and did not help when my dad stormed threats of humiliation at me. Fast forward 40 years she was sort of impishly curious but not supportive when my sister outed me to her. Fast forward 15 more years and her growing dementia made her much more centered around the basics, and she said, sincerely, she supported me 100%. She wondered how my wife felt, and when we went out she was hyper vigilant at first, then exclaimed that no one cared! That made it more fun for us. In private I had the most wonderful day as a mirl hosting her at my house for lunch, and it meant a great deal to me. I discovered myself upon liberation, and it has been a touchstone experience ever since.

All to say, give moms a chance.
    We are all beautiful...!

When i was experimenting with my mom annnnd sister's things, I think they knew, but did not say anything, But, my mom and dad wanted to get me to a psychiatrisit "shrink" at the same time. I think they knew. I notice that i look a lot like my mom, only taller, when i am all dressed up. It bothers me some. I have her legs and facial features much. It scares me some. She died in 2012 with long time Alzheimers. I do not think anyone in my family would have been pleased with my dressing, PERIOD. My older adversarial twin brothers would have tortured me even more if they knew i did this!! I did not have a good relationship with my dad, at all. very adversarial, and at war. My dad did not want sons, only daughters,if any kids. I think my mom was quite smothering, and my dad very distant most of the time, and also an alcoholic. I was also kept away from girls. A lot of crazy dynamics! no wonder i am screwed up all my life! I am cutting way back on my dressing, because i really think i am being my mother subconsciously . It is not healthy socially, and i need to be more social, and less a loner isolated, if i ever want to date women again.

I got on great with my mom but then I was an only child. And she never knew I dressed. she has been gone now for 26years
    Angie

Mine stayed opposed to the end.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

Banned Read only
    If my mother was actually able to catch me wearing her clothing, she would have beat my ass to a pulp. She was an abusive woman, physically and psychologically. She was intolerant of gays and lesbians. I ultimately escape her toxic behavior by volunteering for the draft. When I married she did not accept my wife. There was relief when she finally passed away.

That being said, she really did not have anything to do with my cross dressing other than to provide clothes off the wash line. She did contribute to the fear and anxiety so many of us had over the years, especially during our youth, that what we did was shameful and sinful and any other negative thought you can think of. I truly belief if she had known she would have disowned me for that. I disowned her for the person she was.

Banned Read only
    Ironically, she loved me no matter what. However, she questioned if I had a future.

i too have a good relationship with my mom in general and i think it grew stronger actually when i told her probably because i was more open to her about my life and interests. she is supportive of my dressing and offered to go shopping with me actually so surreal.

My parents found out I was crossdressing when I was in middle school because my sister came home early from school and caught me dressed. My dad only talked to me about it on the day I was busted. My mom took me to a counselor. After a few sessions with the counselor my mother let me pick some things out of the JC Penney catalog which she ordered for me. I chickened out before the order came and told my mom I didn't need the clothing. She cancelled the order and we never talked about it again. She died two years ago when I was 48. Looking back I suspect she reluctantly ordered the clothing for me and was more than happy when I told her to cancel the order. Never mentioning it again with me was her way of don't ask don't tell. Of course this was all a set up for a number of problems I have today with anger, shame, and other feelings. And by the way, my sister has never mentioned it again either and we see each other every few years.

I had a very good relationship with my mom. I wore her clothes when I was a kid because I didn't have any sisters. If she knew I was wearing her clothes she never said anything.

Not a good relationship but nothing wrong with it either. I would call it normal or typical.

My Mom and I had an "interesting" relationship. We were close as a family anyway, but Mom was just, well, Mom. As far as my crossdressing, it was a DADT but at the same time she supported me (quietly). She bought all mine and my 3 year older Sister's cloths till we were Seniors. Once things came to a head (a very long story) when I was a Jr, by the time my Senior year started all my clothes were feminine. Not girly, just from the other side of the isle if you wish. Most of what I wore around her when we were home by ourselves (before Dad would get home in the evening) was quite fem to the girly side. I never wore a skirt or dress around her or Dad, but the rest of it all girl. Hot pants, tops, shorts, sandals, slacks, etc . All my under-ware was panties, and I had a good assortment of bras and other finery. There was only a few times Dad got to see that side of me, and even then he didn't say anything either. Oh, and the hair was raven black (natural), straight, mid-back, "U" cut bottom, and blunt cut bangs - for almost 3 years. Mom's know....all.

mini kilted chick t-girlxsophie's Avatar
    My mother detests the thought of me being a Crossdresser,had a few blow ups about it infact.But that issue is just a bump in our relationship shes my mum and I love her.

Sophie
    Last edited by t-girlxsophie; 08-28-2018 at 04:08 AM.
    We look to Scotland,for all our Ideas of Civilisation-Voltaire

========================================

A woman who loves to wear beautiful clothes is like a flower.
    A man who loves to emulate these women is a special flower-a rose
    Facebook:Sophie Johnson

I often wonder if my Mom knows of my crossdressing as a child, with some of her clothing & makeup disappearing and me being so shy, having long hair as a kid, not dating, I think she must have guessed or at least had suspicions. There are times talking on the phone I've thought of telling her, I think she would be supportive...
    Last edited by Brandi Christine; 08-28-2018 at 06:59 AM.

I was a late bloomer. I told my mom about 5 years ago. My mom who is 85, in the last couple of years has had two knees replaced, lives by herself, and set in her ways.

The only issue she had was the first time I showed up dressed and she initially would not let me in. After she let me in, she said she did not have any issues. The only question I remember she had was something about my shoes. We don't go out clothes shopping, but we go out quite often. We go to lunch each weekend. Every other month she gets tickets for a dress rehearsal to a local play. Great opportunity to dress up and chit-chat with the audience. One of the senior centers she visits has holiday lunches. If she is around we go to those. There is always an interesting conversation or two at these lunches. When she had two knee replacements, I took her to the hospital for the surgeries, talked to the nurses and surgeons. Both times she recuperated at my house.

No, I don't have a good relationship with my parents, though I think it has nothing to do with cross dressing.
    They didn't want kids, I was an accident, and they've always held it against me.
    When I was little, like 5, I tried on my moms things. Of course they were huge on me, but many times I pulled things from her dresser, put them on and would go to my room and play. Back then they laughed at first, and took them off me. Later, at like age 8 or 9, they would fuss and complain and berate me. My dad even threatened to go to school and tell everyone. He said the other boys would call me "sissy" and beat me on the playground. By the time I got to 11 or 12, my dad beat me a number of times. So I learned to really be careful and hid it from them.
    A couple times since I've mentioned it to them, and they deny it ever happen.
    Stephanie

My mom is the one who started dressing me in dresses as a baby. Curling my long hair, painting my nails and toe nails till my dad stepped in put a stop to it. My mom wanted her first baby to be a girl that she dreamed I was a girl before I was born and sewed me dresses. Even after dad put a stop to her treating me this way mom would sneak around and let me play in her things and even had a few dresses for me hidden away. I used to rub her hosed legs as I sat at her feet. My hair grew long till dad cut it. So mom put a bonnet on my head and dad threw it away.
    When I started to school mom stopped and let me be a boy. In my teens as I reached puberty she caught me playing in her slips and hose, she smiled and showed me the lipsticks she had discarded and started letting me have her old hose, slips and night gowens to play in. I stopped totally dressing when I got in high school but did play in her lipsticks and hose when I was old enough to stay home alone. It seems the dressing would come and go off and on.
    Today it is more go than it ever has been but now I have less time to really doll up than before I was married and we had kids.

my mother wasn't particularly upset when she caught me dressing in her clothes when I was little. Unfortunately she passed before I could introduce her to the adult crossdressing me.Pretty sure she would have taken in stride

Wow, some of you have interesting stories of approval. I was caught wearing one of my moms bras when I was thirteen. That went over like a fart in church. From then on I was very careful when I dressed in her clothing, and always worried I would get caught again. I don't have a relationship now with my parents and they don't know about me. Neither would be very accepting and I don't plan to ever see them again, so all is well I guess.
    Last edited by Karyn Marie; 08-28-2018 at 03:42 PM.

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    I never tried my Mom's clothes on and I lost her when I was 19 but I like to think she would except me as I am.

My Mother knew from day one in a way. I began to dress in her pantyhose with her blessing at the age of four and to this day I am so grateful she not only didn't hinder it but embraced that I wanted to at such a young age. As I grew older I did everything in secret although she must have known but to this day I have never told her. We have a great relationship but I envy those who have been dressed with Mom as an adult and crossed that bridge. It must feel wonderful.
    I have been circling for a thousand years,
    and I still don?t know if I am a falcon, or a storm,
    or a great song.

Rainer Maria Rilke
    https://www.flickr.com/people/170325405@N05/

My relationship with my mom grew as I got older. I am sure that she knew about my crossdressing but never mentioned it. She was very supportive of my wife and daughter and never asked me about my continuing need to crossdress.