Thread: Closet Space and Wife

Closet Space and Wife

So in addition to my wife letting me hang all of my dresses in her closet she cleaned out two dresser drawers so I can store my panties, bras, camis, and such. I told her I may need a third drawer. Am I pushing the limits too much?

Kimberly

Wherever there is a Sale or Macys, but mostly Baltimore MD
    It depends on the limits ?, are there any ?
    Kelly DeWinter
    Find Kelly at:
    Kelly's Blog
    Flicker
    [COLOR=#2e8b57

Yes I'm sure there are limits, just haven't breached them yet.

Wherever there is a Sale or Macys, but mostly Baltimore MD
    Can you get a speeding ticket if there is no posted speed limit ? I guess you could get a warning for reckless driving. Jeannie and I have a give and take tug of war over closet and dresser space. We solved it by buying an extra dresser for one of the rooms.
    Kelly DeWinter
    Find Kelly at:
    Kelly's Blog
    Flicker
    [COLOR=#2e8b57

Kimberley,

If it gets to the point that you're stuff is occupying more drawer space than your SO's then perhaps you've crossed the line. After all, why would you need more knickers and bras than a GG other than being overwhelmed by the pink fog?

About a year ago my wife's clothes ran over our joined closet and I moved my clothes to my home office so they could have proper space. So when I told her about my dressing in January, she told me I should keep my feminine things in her closet since she felt bad for crowding me out of the closet in the first place. But I worry about having too much space in the closet (she was surprised I had 30 skirts already). Don't want to overstep my bounds. So I keep my jean skirts with my male clothes now

Kimberly, that may be pushing it. I just keep my stuff in my own drawers.
    Please call me Jamie, I always_have crossdressed, I always will, "alwayshave".

Platinum Member
    Hi Kim , Just be careful not to overwhelm yourWife, It sounds like you have a good thing going there.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~>Orchid .0..0.
    Having my ears triple pierced is AWESOME, ~~......

I can explain it to you, But I can't comprehend it for you !

If at first you don't succeed, Then Skydiving isn't for you.

Be careful what you wish for, Once you ring a bell , you just can't Un-Ring it !! !!

Platinum Member
    Yup, you are pushing too much, too fast.
    Remember always that you not only have the right to be an individual, you have an obligation to be one.

Eleanor Roosevelt

Quote Originally Posted by Helen_Highwater View Post
    Kimberley,

If it gets to the point that you're stuff is occupying more drawer space than your SO's then perhaps you've crossed the line. After all, why would you need more knickers and bras than a GG other than being overwhelmed by the pink fog?
    I don't think I have to worry about having more stuff than her or taking more space. Her closet is 2 x bigger than mine and she has at least 10 x as many clothes, shoes, etc.

I've got my own closet space and drawer space. But I alwas seem to need more space. .I have no limits
    Angie

Remember the story about the last straw that broke the camel's back?

Don't push it, I think you would get approval if you let her suggest it.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

Aspiring Member sarah_hillcrest's Avatar
    Wow, I have to negotiate with my wife to have drawer space for my male clothes LOL.

Why not buy another dresser?
    I have my dresser for men's clothing, my wife has her dresser and there is a 3rd dresser in our bedroom that has all my bras, panties ect. Plus we have a small closet that is out of the way that I use to hang things up.

California Dreamin Michaelasfun's Avatar
    ^^^^ Yea Im just about there. Half a closet and 3 out of six dresser drawers, might be time for a new container of some sort.
    Michaela

If you choose not to decide, you still have made a choice. - Rush

I would say if you have less then half of the space ask. And if you have more then half you got more then you should don't ask. But either way if she says no don't push it.

I think I'll just be content with the two drawers for now. They aren't quite full yet. I would get another dresser but we don't have anyplace to put it.

I just store my stuff in my own dresser. The overflow goes in the spare room.

Maybe I shouldn't talk because I have four closets filled with guy clothes, but I would go slow in filling up those dresser drawers.

Fit is very important if you want to look good. It is also very difficult for a CD, as very few CDs are shaped like women. Not only that, but you also need to be aware of "vanity sizing." Basically, you can't trust the sizes.

Your tastes in clothes may change as you find out what styles best flatter your figure. You may even lose a few pounds.

That is a nice size closet that can fit all her clothes as well as your dresses!

Just do it already! DaisyLawrence's Avatar
    Well I thought I had this problem solved but alas not. Recently I built a home extension and included a large wardrobe (closet to you US folks) that is 8 feet tall and 24 feet long with 36 feet of hanging rail in total. This is shared with my wife. Anyway, despite having gender issues requiring considerable extra clothing myself (well I do have a handful of male clothes left) I decided to be gracious and sugested a 50/50 split of the space. OK says my loving wife, 'I'll put my clothes in first'. So next day I'm opening all the temporary boxes and guess what, only 40% of the wardrobe space is left! How can that be fair? I'm not a happy bunny I can tell you. Bah humbug.