Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: First Night Out - What did you do?

First time outside the security of my home or a support group meeting was to a diner for dessert after the meeting.
    It was wonderful to say the least. The staff were incredibly nice to us and we were treated like queens ... the royal kind, not the drag kind.
    I don't wear women's clothes, I wear MY clothes !

Platinum Member
    My first outings were driving a car around my immediate neighborhood. I progressed to taking walks in the evening in a residential neighborhood at the other end of town. I had no interaction with humanoids. I still take strolls and drives when the opportunity arises. The only times I have interacted with humanoids has been on Halloween. The first time I was totally gussied up with full makeup and nail polish. Blond wig. Jade green and black floral print long sleeve dress, black heels and hosiery, and, all the proper undergarments. I bought some donuts at a Winchell's Donut store. The sole person there, the cashier, complimented my appearance. Yeah! My second Halloween outing I wore a knee length black dress and everything else as previously annotated. I bought some Coke in a Safeway. No comment at all from the young female cashier. Maybe she did not realize it was Halloween or she never encountered a man in a dress. There was a young guy buying beer who laughed his ass off.

I reflect back upon those outings and wonder why my wife never confronted me? She must have realized I was gone from the bed. These were not short trips, time wise. It took time to apply the makeup, and, now I know nail polish stinks. I did remove the polish before I came back home. It had to be the ostrich effect...bury her head in the sand it will all go away. NOT!

I have lost the desire to mingle with others. It's outside my comfort zone. It's now a private affair.

My first time out was almost 3 years ago at a Halloween concert/rave in Atlanta with my wife. About 4,000 people and I was dressed as Alice in wonderland, we had so much fun. It was a really good setting for my first time, no bad interactions at all and I met a lot of people.

Banned Read only
    Lynn,
    First genuine night out was to meet up with forty or so CDers and their parners at a buffet and dance to celebrate their 4th anniversary . I drove the the thirty miles dressed in a full length ballgown . I knew it was right because I didn't feel nervous but it was till jumping in the deep end !!

My first time out was filled with trepidation. I dressed to blend in, with the exception of hose (my favorite), which are very rarely seen around here, anyway, my intention was to just drive around the neighborhood, but my courage grew, so I went to a park then to an out of town mall. I sat in the car for some time and finally went in. At first, I walked fast, rigid, head down, but finally slowed down, swung my arms more, took smaller steps. No problems. It probably wasn’t until my 4th or 5th time out that I felt more confident. I never wear what I really want to wear...too much unwanted attention.

First was a couple of evening drives, well after dark, just cruising through my neighborhood to get my courage up and make sure I could drive in high heels. Did not get out of the car, and only drove a few blocks before returning home. Was happy to note that of the few people out at that late hour, no one really ‘looked’ at the driver of the car passing by them. They saw me, but clearly were not trying to see me as an individual. But the first time intending to be seen and interact with others was a night out at a local LGBTQ nightclub, to watch a drag show, and stay for dancing and drinks. I scoped the place out the day before, in drab, to make sure where it was and determine if there was a safe parking situation, but did not get out of the car. Also determined I could drive virtually the whole way on side streets, avoiding traffic and crowds along the way, but still on safe and well lit streets. Then the next night I dolled up, had a small glass of wine to calm down, and at about 10 pm I went to the club. Everyone was accepting and welcoming. There were at least six other CD’s, not counting the obvious drag performers. Made several new friends, and danced a lot, with both men and women. Didn’t go home until 1 AM or later. I had a blast!

My first time out was in broad daylight to drop off some male clothing at GoodWill. (Making room for more femme stuff.)

My first night out? I don't really remember, because I had been going out for a long time in daylight. I think it was either to go to a fancy restaurant or to go to a Las Vegas show. I don't remember.

My first time out, was taking my dog for a late night walk. I was fully dressed, and I was scared to death!

My first what I'd describe as a proper night out was to a CD social group.

Nervous as hell I can remember parking a short distance from the venue, a small hotel, walking there in heels which as I entered the hotel sounded so loud on the marble floor.

Once I'd introduced myself to the group I was made to feel very welcome and any nerves soon disappeared.

Liz
    My first real time out was with the help of another CD. We met at a CD club and both got ready for the evening. I was far from passable but all dolled up with just having my make up done and dressed up in a skirt, blouse, heels and all.felt great being out as we got a cab and went to a restaurant for dinner. I remember being very nervous and really didn’t eat much but everyone was friendly and it was a great first time out

Platinum Member
    My initial adventures were just driving around residential areas of my small city in the early evening. It was the fall so the hour was not late. I was fully en femme to include wig and makeup, dress and heels. After several trips of just driving I finally parked the car and strolled through the neighborhood. I still take those strolls when the opportunity arises. I create reasons to out and about. I'll return books to the libraries night drop off slot. Or mail a letter. Or retrieve a free newspaper from one of those ever present boxes all over town. To make it appear I have a reason for a stroll I sometimes carry a cloth shopping bag as if I am returning from the neighborhood Safeway. I found the time for the least possible interaction with fellow humans is during a gentle rain. Fewer people out. Using an umbrella does offer a little privacy at obscuring my face and somewhat my six foot frame.

My only times out with an intent to be among the masses has been at Halloween. On those trips I went into Safeway to buy some Coke or into a doughnut shop.

Got a makeover and walked the mall.

First time I went out, I went for my second makeup lesson at a beauty salon. Everything looked so convincing I had to take it for a test spin. If I was ever going to do it, now was the time. It won't get any better than this. On the way home I stopped at one of the busier malls (on a Saturday afternoon) and spent about half an hour mingling with the masses. Went really well. Hardly an odd look. Scared shitless though. It does gets easier with each outing.
    Why fit in when you were born to stand out? - Dr. Suess

My first time I just went outside for walk around the block late at night, I was fully dressed and wearing heels, it was pretty exciting! Eventually I got the courage to go to a cd friendly bar, had some drinks and met guys and other cds there, fun times!

Silver Member
    Though I initially drove en femme, my first true outdoors event in full girl mode was meeting a forum sister for coffee outside a Starbucks. What a thrill, and I soon became fully at ease with her, though people continually walked by us. Nary a negative reaction by any one. I had to pee, and did use the lady's room, a first for me!
    My 'sister,' who became my mentor, said to follow her. We ended up at a supermarket. She said, "own it" and we went inside. I got a cart, put my purse in it, and we walked around the store, and were seen by many including some fraternity guys doing charity work outside. Again, nary a negative. I'll end here with this thought ... It's so much easier being out with a sister. Contact one in your area.

Luv doing girl stuff CherylFlint's Avatar
    I went to a gay bar where there was a few CDs.
    The very next afternoon went to the mall and had a blast.
    Actually fooled a SA while looking at skirts.
    Really, the best fun I ever had was in the women's section of
    a department store, just walking around and looking at all the
    wonderful bras and slips.
    Most fun I ever had in my life.

My first official night out is happening right now. I'm in pub, about to take part in a pub trivia game. One of my friends just asked me what name I'd like to be called. I'm having a great time.
    When haters hate, I celebrate!

Patience, Good for you! Can’t wait to hear how the evening went. Crissy

Settled down for a few years in the Texas Hill Country
    Quote Originally Posted by Patience View Post
    My first official night out is happening right now. I'm in pub, about to take part in a pub trivia game. One of my friends just asked me what name I'd like to be called. I'm having a great time.
    Have fun. Let us know how it went.
    Lynne

You can friend me at on Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/lynnesealytx. I don't post often, mainly lurk

Silver Member
    I did a lot of drives, but the first time I went out and was around people as a girl was when I went as a girl to a drive in movie with a friend so we could be in a contest. Everyone assured me that no one would know I wasn't a girl. They were right. From then on I went out often. More than I did as a guy.

Quote Originally Posted by Lynn Sealy View Post
    Have fun. Let us know how it went.
    You can read the full account of my day here. Thanks for your interest.
    When haters hate, I celebrate!

I went out to a mall I was so bad at my dressing it didn't go great. Then I would just go to friendly places gay bars . I have gotten a little better in my blending prestation I can go to a mall now and for the most part get away with it.

I went the Holiday Inn and walked around, age 15. Shortly thereafter, age 17, I started to go to show bars

I was five years old and me and my girl cousins went outside to play. they had me fully dressed. this happened often...as a teenager going to high school parties, later as an adult dress parties, but the local PHX cd bar is where i go. its a dive bar but safe chill and fun.

My first time out as Ellie was just a few weeks ago in Denver. I had told myself for weeks that if I did nothing else, I would go out as Ellie. I got dressed in my hotel room. It took me nearly half an hour to step out the door. This was around 6 o'clock in the evening, the sun was still shining so I put on a pair of sunglasses where I could look at people looking at me without making eye contact. I was pleasantly surprised that I didn't get a second look from anyone! I parked a couple of blocks from a hopping area downtown. Once again I was able to walk around without any laughing or remarks. As nighttime came I went to hamburger Mary's. There was a drag show and the place was packed. Two GGs at the bar offered me a seat next to them. They were wonderful.
    I can't wait for the next opportunity to go out as Ellie.

Settled down for a few years in the Texas Hill Country
    Quote Originally Posted by EllieOPKS View Post
    My first time out as Ellie was just a few weeks ago in Denver. I had told myself for weeks that if I did nothing else, I would go out as Ellie. I got dressed in my hotel room. It took me nearly half an hour to step out the door. This was around 6 o'clock in the evening, the sun was still shining so I put on a pair of sunglasses where I could look at people looking at me without making eye contact. I was pleasantly surprised that I didn't get a second look from anyone! I parked a couple of blocks from a hopping area downtown. Once again I was able to walk around without any laughing or remarks. As nighttime came I went to hamburger Mary's. There was a drag show and the place was packed. Two GGs at the bar offered me a seat next to them. They were wonderful.
    I can't wait for the next opportunity to go out as Ellie.
    Very reassuring and inspiring. So glad you had a wonderful time.
    Lynne

You can friend me at on Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/lynnesealytx. I don't post often, mainly lurk