Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: First Night Out - What did you do?

I remember that I dressed many times but was too afraid to go out of the house. I wanted to but I couldn't bring my self to do it. Then one night, I just could hold back any longer. I remember the feeling of how I had to get out. So I waited until it was dark, sneaked out the back door and around to the car, and drove to a 7-11. I went in and bought a soda, and hurried back home. That was about 30 years and maybe 1000 trips ago out as Stephanie.
    Stephanie

Over the last several months, there have been a number of posts discussing the thrill/trauma of the first time someone goes out in public fully dressed. My first time was at the last TG/CD weekend at the Rainbow Resort in PA. Prior to that experience no one had ever seen me dressed. Ever!

My point? This was the most accepting, warm, and welcoming environment any one could hope for. The staff; the food; the facilities; the atmosphere; even the very modest expense; were incredible. But, even without all that, I don't think my nerves lasted even 20 minutes. I could hardly believe that I was standing there in full female presentation and being treated like a human being. One that was fully accepted and welcomed. No one even batted an eye. In fact, as I was eating dinner alone the first night, I was invited to join a group of people for desert. I didn't eat alone for the rest of the weekend.

I know that there are a number of people struggling with the concept of appearing in public. And, truthfully, starting in your own neighborhood, even if it is only Halloween, may not be the best first move. If you are anywhere near the Pocono Mtns of PA, I highly recommend this place on this weekend.

If there is a single draw back to this experience it is that, after 3 days of living enfemme, it was a little hard to return to the real world.

I'll be there in Oct. (19-21) Come on in, the water is fine.

VtVicky

Quote Originally Posted by dana digs sweaters View Post
    Tri-Ess meeting at age eighteen.

pic for reference

Attachment 295157
    Dana

I am in that reference picture you posted (front and center). That's not a Tri-Ess meeting but one of the DC Trans Girls meetups. Have we met?

Quote Originally Posted by Rachael Leigh View Post
    My first time in public was a Halloween party as a French maid but as Kelly said my first non Halloween even though it was close as in late Oct I went out an about in Las Vegas. Ate dinner at a restaurant and then to see a show. It was great but yes very nervous
    My "first" time out was also as a French maid at a Halloween party, but I don't count that one.

For my first "real" time out, I went "all in". I went to the Maryland Renaissance Festival (alone) with thousands of muggles. I rented a "wench" costume and wandered around the faire all day, and hardly got any reaction at all, except from several GGs. I had planned this event out like a military operation, but even still, I was both excited and petrified, not knowing how I would be received. It was a great start when the girls at the costume rental place were so excited and encouraging for me. I had an absolutely wonderful time out and only one scary moment when an obviously drunk guy figured out the secret and confronted me. But the group of friends he was with dragged him away. I didn't get a "ma'am, but I did get a "m'lady". I will never forget that day.
    Hi, I'm Steffi and I'm a crossdresser... And I accept and celebrate both sides of me. Or, maybe I'm gender fluid.

My first time out was driving theough Denver and then a drive through to get food. Next time was in Denver again, I went to a local clothing store and looked around, followed by a trip to the pharmacy in my local town to get some prescriptions. No comments

Very first time out I went to the movies so I could sit in the dark where nobody could see me. Since then I’ve done all kinds of things.

Grocery shopping around 11 PM at my local grocery store. Store was not very crowded, but had some nice interactions with a few female employees restocking shelves. This started to convince me that I really do blend well and am pretty much invisible when presenting as a woman.

Platinum Member
    Hi Lynn , Play it cool, You want to blend in, Not Standout. >Orchid ..++..
    Having my ears triple pierced is AWESOME, ~~......

I can explain it to you, But I can't comprehend it for you !

If at first you don't succeed, Then Skydiving isn't for you.

Be careful what you wish for, Once you ring a bell , you just can't Un-Ring it !! !!

My firsttime out was with an awesome member of this forum. We went for manicures, dinner and a show. Hoping to go out again for a girls night out and meeting more awesome members.

My very first few nights out I just parked in a suburban neighborhood and walked around. This wasn't too good -- cars of teen boys honked and yelled at me, and homeowners asked if I needed help. First time out actually interacting with someone I went to Rori's in Chicago 'burbs. Much better!

Aspiring Member dana digs sweaters's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Sometimes Steffi View Post
    Dana

I am in that reference picture you posted (front and center). That's not a Tri-Ess meeting but one of the DC Trans Girls meetups. Have we met?
    No Steffi, pic for reference of what is was like to be out in public fully presenting as a female.
    All the prep required as one would think to put one's hand on the doorknob to exit out into the world this way.
    Actually quite surprised at the number of peeps there and their varying ages, sizes and styles too.
    Pretty wild to see in person of just the my-nute tip of the iceberg of crossdressers that dare to be out also.

First night out was to a LGBT friendly bar over the Halloween Holiday...young man asked to dance with me...he was a good 25 years my younger...lol - danced until my feet hurt
    Wearing my fuschia bodycon dress:
    http://imgur.com/6WkdAts
    For the first time, outdoors during the day:
    http://i.imgur.com/RmjIxbY.jpg

mini kilted chick t-girlxsophie's Avatar
    My first time out while married (first time) ended in violence which affected me for many years.
    But a few years later when I was single,after my first few visits to support group.A cpl of girls I befriended and I went to underground club called Missdemeanors in Edinburgh.It really opened my eyes to what was out there and I never looked back

Sophie
    We look to Scotland,for all our Ideas of Civilisation-Voltaire

========================================

A woman who loves to wear beautiful clothes is like a flower.
    A man who loves to emulate these women is a special flower-a rose
    Facebook:Sophie Johnson

Think I was 11 yo and went for a after dark walk around the community. It was in the late 60's early 70's so of course I had a mini dress on, a cute jacket, classic pumps and not that it makes a difference appropriate foundation wear (pantyhose, bra, full slip, etc.). It was thrilling especially the wolf whistles from a car full of randy boys. Giggle... So I guess my activities were walking, looking sexy and attracting attention!

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    My very first time was to the grocery so not all that exciting.
    That evening I went to my first trans group meeting.

I've been out for so long and many times in daytime and at night. I don't even remember my first night out.

First Event last year "great time" looking forward to going again.

Settled down for a few years in the Texas Hill Country
    Thank you to everyone for posting about your experiences. I am much more confident and excited about going out than when I wrote the post. I am going out to dinner tonight with two friends, one I met through this forum. I am planning to be in the moment and on being my femme self. I will post something this weekend to let you know how it went.

Hugs,
    Lynne

You can friend me at on Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/lynnesealytx. I don't post often, mainly lurk