Thread: Am I dreaming?

Am I dreaming?

So my wife is accepting but with a few "don't go there's", which are wigs, full dresses, and shaved chest. Other than that it has been free game. Well, tonight, we had a heart to heart talk where she admitted that she prefers boxers and t-shirts for night wear. She just hasn't worn them cause she wanted to please me. I of course told her to wear what makes her comfortable, which made her happy.
    She says I inspire her and if I want to wear dresses or whatever I want to wear to make myself happy, just wear it. She doesn't want me to hide myself. She even suggested a wig. Am I dreaming?😱 Can this be real? I think I see thick pink clouds in the distance and hear some thunder lol.

It is great that the both of you can now wear comfortable clothing. Still, move forward slowly and with caution.

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    Good luck!

But: If only I could tell u how many others here have had an SO allow them to expand their routine.
    Only to relent later and decide they made a mistake in opening the closet door a little wider!
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

Gerri,

Like Tracy and Sherry said, be very careful not to go overboard right now.
    I would not change anything now but wait and let her enjoy her new-found freedom to wear what she prefers at night. You will do better by always putting her needs and desires above your own.

- Suzie

Awesome Gerri, take it slow and easy and enjoy!
    A.K.A Rebecca & Bec

That sounds like a real breakthrough. Now you should be able to remove your body hair and you will find that very liberating.
    Good luck, you have a chance of your lifetime.

I am so pleased for you but like the others here, do tread carefully.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

Gerri, I'm glad that you had a discussion that worked out well.
    Please call me Jamie, I always_have crossdressed, I always will, "alwayshave".

Sounds great, good luck.
    "This is ME" I am not CRAZY, I'm just a GUY who likes dresses!
    Since allot of men dress up in woman's clothing that makes it a manly thing to do!
    Much more fun than fishing.
    I do construction like house building and I love CD-ing, what's the difference?

That's my dream too. I have been hoping for some expansion of my feminine rights for some time, just waiting and hoping. I do shave all over and wear a lo ng negligee at night and panties all the time, but dresses and wigs while she is home are out. I am happy for you!
    https://www.flickr.com/photos/lovethatdress/

Pinch yourself to see if your dreaming but it's a good one if it is. Like the others have said keep things as simple as you can and don't push her into a corner where she doesn't want you to go. Simple baby steps and not all at once. Maybe she'll open up to everything you enjoy slowly and steady. I'm speaking from experience because I went from a secret to sometimes and pushed to hard and fast to now a DADT type situation. Wish I would have just slowly let her feelings guide me on how fast I approached my dressing.

Thank you everyone for your comments. No, I will not be pushing too hard too fast. In fact it's more the opposite, where she has been pushing me, then this discussion last night.
    I'm taking this opportunity to help her out. Ladies, my wife just revealed she is more comfortable in men's clothes. I'm not going overboard lol. My wife held my hand and has walked me through some hard steps. Now it's my turn to hold her hand. I will keep everyone updated.

Gerri, I love that you're showing your etude the same redirect and support she's shown you.

When the time is right, what do you think about asking her to help you pick out a wig? My wife and I enjoyed doing this ourselves. I got some good advice too, and she wasn't surprised later.

Sami
    My new blog: The Crossdresser Report
    https://crossdresserreport.com/

Always interesting what some SO's are cool with and what is out of bounds. Before I told my wife about my CDing I frequently shaved my whole body, got waxed, got manicures and pedicures, had my eyebrows shaped and she never even noticed. She did complain about my hair stubble irritating her skin sometimes but never told me not to shave. Since I came out to her she hasn't had any problem with any of the above. I had to point out my eyebrows were shaped like a girl. I shower with girly soap, put on her lotion, wear panties, try on dresses, try on wigs, have worn my breast forms in front of her, high heels. So far no complaints. Fingers crossed.

Gold Member
    Just go slow, do not over burden her all at once. My wife insisted that I get a wig, she was tired of seeing a bald
    "Lady" walking around. And the chest hair, she said was hers, she liked to run her fingers through it. so no shaving
    besides my face. Just as well, my back,witch I could never reach, is like a forest.
    Rader

Silver Member
    Gerri, yesterday you said, "Ladies, my wife just revealed she is more comfortable in men's clothes." Does that go beyond sleeping in boxers and a T-shirt? Is it possible that she has the initial feelings of a transman?? I like how your cross-relationship is developing! Just take it slowly, and let her lead as much as you can. Consider ways of making CDing fun for both of you.
    Does she know you are on this wonderful forum? Would she be interested in joining to learn more about your needs and hers?

At last the sun has risen and the frost is gone. Enjoy

Jenny, yes she is aware that I am on this forum. I don't know her full feelings just yet. I know she is more comfortable in male clothes but she still likes to wear a dress now and again with makeup to get prettied up. She loves her nails done. She has more male traits, hobbies, likes, while mine are feminine.
    On a different note, last night she suggested to me that I should get acrylics.

I envy you. I don't think my wife ever talked about dressing in a male mode, but she does favor slacks and tees and hardly ever wears a dress or skirt.

Platinum Member
    Hi Gerri Ray, Just go slow and don't overwhelm her. >Orchid ..oo..
    Having my ears triple pierced is AWESOME, ~~......

I can explain it to you, But I can't comprehend it for you !

If at first you don't succeed, Then Skydiving isn't for you.

Be careful what you wish for, Once you ring a bell , you just can't Un-Ring it !! !!

Banned Read only
    Gerri Ray,
    It's great she's offered but I went through a similar situation only to have it all change the next morning . Eventually I got tired of the goal posts continually moving , I didn't know where I stood from one day to the next !

That is acceptance you lucky girl. Take it slow and don't make it all about you. You have a keeper so treat her right.

We went to the gym today. I went fully dressed minus a wig and makeup. We both started with the elliptical but I moved to the bike when she started working on her arms.