Thread: Psychiatric Evaluation

Psychiatric Evaluation

I had a psychiatric evaluation in Tel Aviv yesterday as part of the Israel Health Ministry Gender Change Committee. I am sane! When I read the summary I floated away; here is an English translation of a small part of it:

"Status: Looks younger than her age, feminine, gentle, very pleasant. Creates a very pleasant and appropriate relationship "

It certainly made my day! I continue to be awed and grateful for the progress in my transition.

What is normal anyway? Rianna Humble's Avatar
    That is a great summary of who you really are!
    Check out this link if you are wondering about joining Safe Haven.

This above all: To thine own self be true, And it must follow, as the night the day, Thou canst not then be false to any

Galileo said "You cannot teach a man anything" and they accuse ME of being sexist

Never ascribe to malice that which can be easily explained by sheer stupidity

We could have told you that for free.

Laura, thank you for the compliment. I have to add that it was for free, Israel has a tax funded public health system!
    Last edited by Rianna Humble; 08-29-2018 at 04:50 AM. Reason: No need to quote the entire preceding post

Aspiring Member
    Dorit,
    If you're going to pay out of pocket for SRS, why the evaluation required?

Good question Katya. I began the procedure with the Israel Ministry of Health Committee for Gender Change a number of months ago. First, I had the hope that they would be willing to give me an early date for SRS because of my age. I was soon informed that it was not going to happen. Public funded gender change also includes top surgery if I ever would want it, plus possible FFS that I really don't need and is still controversial if the government would pay for it.

The most important reason is that if you do SRS outside the country, which many do because of the long wait here, you need the Committee to confirm your gender change and present it to the population registry to get your gender marker legally changed. Also, all the consultations so far have been helpful to me in better understanding myself.
    Last edited by Rianna Humble; 08-29-2018 at 04:49 AM. Reason: No need to quote the entire preceding post

Aspiring Member
    Hi Dorit,
    Thank you for taking time to explain.

Most surgeons in the US, require a referral from a therapist before the will consider SRS, BA, Orchi and for some FFS. I draft these kinds of referral letters.

Bria

Just do it already! DaisyLawrence's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Dorit View Post
    "Status: Looks younger than her age, feminine, gentle, very pleasant. Creates a very pleasant and appropriate relationship "
    In my mind your transition to a woman is complete, all the stuff that remains to be done is just the icing on the cake.

“When you find the person that can see you, you don’t let go.”
    ― Anyta Sunday, (In)visible

Being Roxanne is wonderful!
    As Sweet As I Can Ever Be

Aspiring Member
    Dorit,
    You made an amazing journey! BRAVA to you.

Best wishes and lots of happiness,

Hi Dorit,

You know my thoughts we have spoken before: Good luck and I hope all goes well.

Janice

Dorit, that is great! Best wishes going forward! All the best! Hugs Lana Mae
    Life is worth living!
    "Foxy lady! You look so good!!" Jimi Hendrix