Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Working with a TRANS do I tell them about me?

Hate to say it but in today's society. A compliment can and is often taken the wrong way. even an innocent one. I have to watch what and how I say every word. especially in my line of work.

Like others have said. Just treat her as you yourself wants to be treated. befriend her, if a friendship starts then get to know her and her you. Almost like a romantic relationship just take it slow. One of my best friends, we started working together. We hit it off and have been friends ever since.

Kelsey
    Last edited by Rollermiss; 08-30-2018 at 11:15 AM.

Silver Member
    Because it is a workplace situation, you need to be extremely careful. A man who mentions a woman's appearance can get in major trouble for "sexual harassment". Unless you know this person well outside of work, practice the same "defensive driving" men today have to do around female coworkers; don't mention her clothes or appearance etc.

Just be courteous like you would any coworker. If you develop a friendship outside of work, then it might be ok to tell her about you. But not at work.

Some in the USA today aspire to be victims. It would be nice to live in a world where common sense was enough when it came to such things as simply complementing a woman's appearance, but nowadays it is playing with fire. Don't go there in there in the workplace, for your own good. Since you don't know her well, you don't know if she is an aspiring victim or not.