Thread: Pink fog? I'm getting careless

Pink fog? I'm getting careless

I left in a hurry yesterday when I went over to my ex’s to drop off a DVD. I didn’t think about what I was wearing because it’s what I’ve been wearing around the house this summer. Nothing too obvious, but a women’s T shirt and women’s shorts along with men’s shoes. I also had a very slight hint of liquid eyeliner that I didn’t wash off before leaving. When I got home and realized what I was wearing, I thought that the ex and her son must have noticed that I wasn’t wearing male clothing!

Later on I took a shower and heard the dog barking as I was drying off. Turned out to be my uncle in the driveway. I threw on a T shirt and shorts (men's I think) and went out to greet him. He focused on my bare feet right away maybe because I was at the top of the steps and he was at ground level. He said something about me being barefoot and I looked down and saw my polished toenails. It's a good thing I changed the color of my toenails the day before!

I don’t know how good his vision is, but it appears that I’m slowly coming out to people that have known me for a long time. I also felt tense around him after realizing my polished toes were exposed. I kind of wish I had the nerve to just be my fem self and relax.

toes polished.jpg
    Attached Images Attached Images
    "You're the only one to see the changes you take yourself through", Stevie Wonder

I'm feeling the same way- spending enough time en femme, and having determined that it really is not harmful to me or anyone else, but is rather a very healthy expression of individual nature, and soothed by feeling so natural at last, I simply have lost the fear.

But seeing people brings back at least the understanding that clothing is a social cohesion messaging platform- and it matters to people what we are 'saying' with our clothes and grooming. So I now alter my dress out of what I think of as consideration for others, and am trying to feel out the cost/benefit of that.

I went out to a restaurant for a dinner/flamenco dance show with my sister, both of us in dresses, and it was completely painless and without incident. No one batted an eye- maybe various guests looked me over, but I was just a MIAD- I could enjoy myself and be part of the crowd without any problem at all. Walking to and from in my silver heels, kids and parents and whoever simply grasping the fact of a MIAD- and ...what? Everyone's life went on without incident.
    Last edited by phili; 08-29-2018 at 08:02 AM.
    We are all beautiful...!

I have overlooked lipstick on occasions, been very pale as it mostly wears off but I have had a reddish tinge on my lips.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    He noticed u were barefoot, but the polished nails? Couldn't wearing socks and shoes have caused that?

I'll wager he didn't notice or comment on them!
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

Platinum Member
    Hi Ressie , It really sounds like the pink fog is getting to you. >Orchid ..++..
    Having my ears triple pierced is AWESOME, ~~......

I can explain it to you, But I can't comprehend it for you !

If at first you don't succeed, Then Skydiving isn't for you.

Be careful what you wish for, Once you ring a bell , you just can't Un-Ring it !! !!

Don't worry we all get caught out in different ways ! I have a couple of times no so many people know and have seen my it does not matter any more.
    I started life a lost man now I am a found woman

Banned Read only
    Ressie,
    I'm very forgetful of nail polish on my fingers , I have been talking to other dog walkers not realising why they are focused on my hands , my toes have permanent polish on now but that doesn't bother me .

Pink Fog? worry no more when I had windows 7 it even reached my computer and I had pink toolbars!! LoL
    I started life a lost man now I am a found woman

LOL, Pink toolbars

Since the topic is about getting careless with dressing up, two weekends ago, I had ample opportunity to dress up and make up in my house, and absent mindedly left my eyebrow pencil sharpener on my brother's shelf, after using his mirror. Only realised it a day later, but thankfully did not hear anything about it!