Thread: Recent Post about dressing 24/7

Recent Post about dressing 24/7

Recently there was a post regarding dressing 24/7. The initiator of the post said that he got bored after several days of dressing. I have been Sabrina for 5 days and I would be happy for 500 hundred days! Not to bore you with details, but I dressed in a purple silk top complimented with a frilly skirt. I'm all made up and my nails look so pretty. I love my cute red patent leather high heels. I'm sipping on a glass of wine and just enjoying the moment with all of you here. It does not get much better than this.
    Love, Sabrina

Quote Originally Posted by sabrinaedwards View Post
    Recently there was a post regarding dressing 24/7. The initiator of the post said that he got bored after several days of dressing. I have been Sabrina for 5 days and I would be happy for 500 hundred days! Not to bore you with details, but I dressed in a purple silk top complimented with a frilly skirt. I'm all made up and my nails look so pretty. I love my cute red patent leather high heels. I'm sipping on a glass of wine and just enjoying the moment with all of you here. It does not get much better than this.
    Love, Sabrina
    I hear you! I have been able to dress whenever, and that means all the time when not at work, for a week now. Not bored yet

I am there with you right now Sabrina, however not for 5 days.
    I have the house to myself and all prettied up head to toe
    Not a woman, I just enjoy looking and feeling like one now and then!

Platinum Member
    Hi Sabrina , Some dressers don't pace Their self and get burnt out quickly. >Orchid ..0o..
    Having my ears triple pierced is AWESOME, ~~......

I can explain it to you, But I can't comprehend it for you !

If at first you don't succeed, Then Skydiving isn't for you.

Be careful what you wish for, Once you ring a bell , you just can't Un-Ring it !! !!

Sabrina I don't get bored but do get interrupted usuall when dressed. I love to try just doing it daily from head to toe and seeing what that would be like.

If one is just lolling around the house all dressed up and enjoying expressing one's femininity that way - and depending on how big the female wardrobe that one wants to explore during that available time is - then yes, in all probability that level of private crossdressing won't likely get old anytime soon.

The problem arises when one has graduated to going out and about en femme and wants to do it repeatedly over whatever number of consecutive days are available for that. Shaving as closely as most of us need to in order to minimize the dreaded "5 o'clock shadow" (sometimes more than once a day) can be murder on one's face, and before long it is likely to resemble - and feel like - raw hamburger.

Sabrina, I wish that I could stay dressed for more than one day at a time (sigh). You are very fortunate to be able to do what you can.

Once I granted my wish and just went for it- stepping out in public, I felt very peaceful, and a big part of it was not feeling fear or jealousy any more. Then I enjoyed days and days of dressing alone simply because I wanted to try this or that dress or look. Eventually I had to think about something else, and my clothes kind of receded to be what is easiest, no longer having to prove anything. That's where I would say I had something like boredom- but more like just realizing clothes were clothes, not the rocket fuel I needed to feel more genuine.

I didn't have an appetite on those days for relishing the sensual feeling, since I had to actually devote my attention to work, to think about the content of the meeting I was prepping for, etc. And bringing a totally off topic message to the meeting like "BTW, get used to a MIAD, also didn't really make sense, unless it was part of a long term sell- "I may look different and unappetizing, but I provide great design consultation" . Since I am a part time crossdresser in public, it is easier to save that for recreational days, and I am never bored, or even inattentive to dressing on those days!
    Last edited by phili; 08-29-2018 at 09:42 PM.
    We are all beautiful...!

Quote Originally Posted by sabrinaedwards View Post
    ...but I dressed in a purple silk top complimented with a frilly skirt. I'm all made up and my nails look so pretty. I love my cute red patent leather high heels. I'm sipping on a glass of wine and just enjoying the moment with all of you here. It does not get much better than this.
    And a unicorn just ran by your window towards the rainbow at the end of your street.

The look you describe would get old after a couple days in the real world, if not sooner. Nail break. Makeup becomes a pain. The cutesy coordinated look gives way to comfort as heels give way to flats.
    Like a corpse deep in the earth I'm so alone, restless thoughts torment my soul, as fears they lay confirmed, but my life has always been this way - Virginia Astley, "Some Small Hope" (1986)
    Sunlight falls, my wings open wide. There's a beauty here I cannot deny - David Sylvian, "Orpheus" (1987)

100% agree with pacing yourself and building up to it.

My wife and I got back from our holiday on the 19th. Since then I've been dressed almost constantly, apart from yesterday where I had meetings and dinner at my parents. If I'm walking the dogs or shopping, I'm wearing womens jeans and a blouse that could pass as a mans shirt. Once back at home, then in a skirt, dress, leggings and frilly blouse with my hip and bum pads and padded bra.

I don't (yet) wear a wig or makeup, but I still groom, keep my fingernails nice, etc. It DOES take a while before I'm satisfied with an outfit, but overall it's not much more effort than dressing drab, and I've got the satisfaction of wearing nothing but female clothing for days on end, barring my sneakers and coat.

I see how much effort my wife puts into her appearance before she gets out the door. To my eyes she is beautiful already, but she'll spend easily 30 minutes choosing an outfit and putting on makeup, and she's been practicing this for almost fifty years! On top of that, she's regularly grooming. Often while watching T.V. she'll either be doing her nails or have tweezers and a small mirror for her eyebrows.

For me to put in that kind of effort on a regular basis takes time. It's one of those things where I'll have to change my daily habits gradually. If I went full-on into it I reckon I'd be completely over it after a couple of days.

Michelle.

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    Sabrina, if u really didn't want to "bore us with the details" u could have left them out and posted a photo instead!

Remember one pic is worth 1000 words!
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

Annette has been full time from 2006
    I have as yet to be bored but then I might just be transgendered.

Hugs Annette
    "It takes more courage for a man to appear in public wearing a dress than to charge into battle"

Me July 2005

Well it does, you eventually get to appreciate your role as a woman.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

I'm still pretty much male except evenings so on those occasions when I can get dressed and be Michelle for a day I get tired of what I'm wearing and change to another whole outfit after a couple of hours.If I could be Michelle for several days I would settle down
    If I knew where it was going to take me I probably would have put my mother's panties back.

I would love to be full time. The only thing stopping me is work. I have been cross dressing for 50 years! but never for more than 3 days at a time. I don't think for me it would ever get old and/or boring. But close shaves every day and doing full make up everyday may get old.
    Stephanie

Platinum Member
    There are many times when I do have the opportunity to be en femme, but, I do not get all dolled up. There was a period of time when I'd snatch what I call "crumbs of time" and don some femme clothing for a very brief period of time. Was it because I had an unfulfilled need or desire. Subtle difference in my mind between need and desire. I think unless someone can really identify what motivate a man to wear women's clothing, you're going to get a varied time frame for activity.

In the past I have had days to be en femme, but, I did nothing because I felt no motivation. If I get stress relief by wearing women's clothing, perhaps I was stress free. If I needed to break away from stresses, I suspect Stephanie rose to the occasion. I've mentioned many time on this forum a counselor I talk with is of the opinion each man or woman has some degree of the dna of the opposite sex. In some it is greater than others. Maybe, that would account for the spectrum of a person 'trapped' in the body of the wrong gender to the occasional wearer of women's clothing.

Quote Originally Posted by Leslie Langford View Post
    The problem arises when one has graduated to going out and about en femme and wants to do it repeatedly over whatever number of consecutive days are available for that. Shaving as closely as most of us need to in order to minimize the dreaded "5 o'clock shadow" (sometimes more than once a day) can be murder on one's face, and before long it is likely to resemble - and feel like - raw hamburger.
    Quote Originally Posted by stephNE View Post
    I would love to be full time. The only thing stopping me is work. I have been cross dressing for 50 years! but never for more than 3 days at a time. I don't think for me it would ever get old and/or boring. But close shaves every day and doing full make up everyday may get old.
    Leslie,

I feel your pain. As you say if out and about each and every day then the maintenance of the image can become so much of a chore.

Steph,

Putting on femme clothes I doubt would ever get old as you say, but as Leslie writes it's the putting on the war paint and getting everything looking tickety-boo certainly if nothing else gives a real insight into the lives of GG's who may be doing it day in and day out as part of getting ready for work.
    Who dares wears Get in, get out without being noticed

I never get "bored" presenting as a woman. I have often presented as a woman for as long as a week at a time. I stop when life's circumstances make it necessary to stop.
    Hugs, Carole

Banned Read only
    Sabrina,
    I don't find it boring even if it is becoming more routine , dressed at home doesn't feel like Cding but perfectly normal , I've decided I'm only going to go out in my new home town as Teresa , it doesn't really create any stress or pressure , as most people only know me as Teresa . At the moment I usually wear nicely styled plain cotton skirts and one of my Tshirts with some comfortable heeled wedges to do my shopping and other errands . The social evenings out mean a little more dressing up , being out and about isn't boring doing it in drab is .

It may become boring to some because they try and go OTT all the time , it can't be sustained and it isn't necessary if you just want to integrate with the public , if you wish to be a catwalk model all the time then it is hard work .

Stop that, it's silly.... DIANEF's Avatar
    I have had full weeks to dress, and far from getting bored I could have stayed in femme mode for much longer. This was before I started going out however and I could just dress very casually and not have to have a perfect 'outdoor' look.
    Here today, gone tomorrow....

Sabrina, that is awesome. Wish I could spend 5 days as Jamie.
    Please call me Jamie, I always_have crossdressed, I always will, "alwayshave".

Platinum Member
    I’ve done 24/13 a few times and 14/7 for months on end. The experience never grew boring or tedious for me, but it did for my XSO.
    Remember always that you not only have the right to be an individual, you have an obligation to be one.

Eleanor Roosevelt