Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: First Time Seeing YOU

First Time Seeing YOU

What has become apparent to me since joining, is I've never seen the real "me". Meaning I have never once in 50 years experienced any makeup or a makeover to complete my look. I get one first chance at this makeover experience and I want to make it epically perfect. I sense this experience of seeing "me" will be profound and have not wanted to experiment on my own.

What where your first makeup/makeover experiences?
    How did seeing "you" for the first time impact your inner girl or life?
    Who or what do you suggest to ensure I get the most meaningful result?

I'm in the NE US and my wife is okay with me seeking this actualization. You can PM me with places to avoid or go. Thanks!

~Renee~

Renee, I think that seeing myself properly for the first time was extremely significant and in fact I would call it a life changing event. From the moment I saw 'her' in the mirror she was a real person. I cant stress enough how important that was for me.

My first experience involved going to a professional transformation place in Sydney in 2005, that was the first time I saw myself with makeup and long hair. When I opened my eyes and saw myself as a woman the first time Becky became real. That moment became a reference point for everything that has followed since.

I highly recommend you either have your makeup done professionally or with help from your wife for your first time.
    Best of luck!
    A.K.A Rebecca & Bec

I did not have an inner girl come running out so I can only imagine what it might be like for those who did.

My early makeup experiences were horrible, absolutely horrible as I look back on them.
    I had no idea what I was doing and was influenced by magazines and as such I looked like a cheap street walker more than anything else.

My first real makeover showed me the woman inside and I loved it. Since then I've learned much and also that less is more and it has helped me refine my appearance.
    Most days I wear very little makeup and only when going somewhere special do I really go all out.
    I don't wear women's clothes, I wear MY clothes !

For my first makeup experience I went to a small town salon and paid for a lesson and paid for products and set of brushes

My first time was at a transformation studio near my home in Portland. I guess I am lucky to have one near by. Victoria picked out some clothes including hosiery a bra and forms and some blouses,skirts and dresses for me to try. She did my nails as we chatted about my feelings, then make up and I watched in a mirror as she did her magic. Then when the wig went on Wham I saw me for the first time. I almost cried I was so happy. I really felt like a girl. It was life changing something I will do often and I always feel Brenda on the inside even when I am not dressed. I agree with Becky, have your make up done professionally and if possible a studio that offers the complete transformation. I am a west coast girl so not much help with East coast services. I do know Scarlett from Scarlett's makeover in Connecticut. She has done my make up 2X at a Tgirl event on the west coast, and she did amazing work and is very supportive. Search Scarlett's Makeover for her website. Good luck. I am sure there are several hopefully close to you as you may want to go back, I have!

Banned Read only
    I was like Cheryl. My first attempt at makeup was a laughable event. It was akin to someone plastering a wall with stucco. Hey, young girl just slap on the stuff? NOT! Anyway I looked like a clown. But, I was only about mid teens. For a period of time whenever I wanted to wear women's clothing I did the full facial makeup, including false eyelashes. And, also nail polish on the fingernails. After I realized I did not have to plaster makeup onto my face I think I looked decent. Now? Well, the aging of the body has taken its toll. Aging spots and all the rest. I the occasions when I do leave my home for an evening stroll I make an attempt to even out the facial look, i.e., get rid of aging spots. And, lip color added.

If I was young and felt really comfortable being out and about I'd go to a professional makeup artist at least once.

Settled down for a few years in the Texas Hill Country
    Yes, go to a professional transformation service.

Like Brenda, my first time dressed as Lynn was at Victoria's Over the Rainbow Transformations. I was very nervous to undertake the experience with someone I had never met. Also like Brenda, it wasn't until my transformation was completed by Victoria placing my wig on me did I feel a rush of excitement. My first word was WOW!
    Last edited by Lynn Sealy; 09-01-2018 at 10:42 AM.
    Lynne

You can friend me at on Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/lynnesealytx. I don't post often, mainly lurk

While it can be very powerful to see youself and realize the look you’ve always wanted, you also have to be prepared for the other end of the spectrum. Makeup can only do so much, and if you’ve built up this idealized feminine version of yourself, you could end up disappointed with the results. As long as you have realistic expectations for your results you should have a good time.

Aspiring Member dana digs sweaters's Avatar
    "First Time Seeing YOU" ?
    FUN !
    How different it was growing up with my three older sisters goofing around with their makeup skills using me and my two younger sisters.
    Really couldn't compare to someone skilled with years of experience as it was visiting a wig shop that dealt with CDs too.
    "inner girl" ? Nope. Just an eighteen year old boy having a female image looking back at me in the mirror that had never been there before.
    "Tricks of the Trade" ? Sure!
    Time to learn ;-)

Lipstick Girly.jpg

Hi Renee,

What where your first makeup/makeover experiences? For me it was important to learn how to do makeup myself and I agree with others that it can be a slow and painful experience. The first few times were disappointing to say the least. What kept me going were so many of the youtube videos and makeover videos that are available. It's clear that makeup can literally transform but it takes time, patience and money. It became an obsession to pull it off. Eventually I reached that moment when I saw 'me' for the first time and it was life changing and now I know I can do it over and over again and keep improving which is immensely empowering.

How did seeing "you" for the first time impact your inner girl or life? Much like Becky seeing the 'real me' for the first time was a life changing moment. I describe seeing 'Felicia' as a 'shattering' moment because it really broke down barriers within that not even I knew existed. And it made me realize I never want to lose that part of me again. For me it is almost indescribable how much it affected me, in a beautiful way.

Who or what do you suggest to ensure I get the most meaningful result? I think going in for a professional makeover is an excellent idea. If you want it to be perfect and you have the opportunity I think it makes complete sense.

Not sure how close you ar but here is a link to a studio outside of Boston that does tg makeovers. When I get my chance this is the studio I plan on going to.
    http://www.imhotstudio.com/boston-tr...-makeover.html

Enjoy!
    I have been circling for a thousand years,
    and I still don?t know if I am a falcon, or a storm,
    or a great song.

Rainer Maria Rilke
    https://www.flickr.com/people/170325405@N05/

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    I'm not sure what exactly you think is going to happen?
    Making it epic ? There again maybe you are expecting too much.
    For me its was hey its me in make up and I look much better with make up on.
    Was far from epic and quite uneventful.
    Just another step into the world of transness for me.

I've never had a real professional makeup experience but about 12 years ago I went the whole way with cosmetics and was astonished at the results. Having purchased a really nice wig, I couldn't believe the transformation into a feminine being.

Mine transformed me, I just kept doing it.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

Settled down for a few years in the Texas Hill Country
    NE US is pretty broad. Have heard good things about Femme Fever in Long Island, and La Femme Finishing School in Middlesex, NJ. Hope that helps.
    Lynne

You can friend me at on Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/lynnesealytx. I don't post often, mainly lurk

Renee,

Mine came in parts, the first time I wore a wig, later my first decent self applied makeup and seeing a femme face looking back from the mirror.

I suppose the closest I've come to a full makeover is going enfemme into Boots the chemist to have my foundation matched, which I have to say, turned out to be an enjoyable and rewarding event.

It's on my to do list to get a full pro makeover. I'd like to see what's ultimately possible so I wish you all success in your endeavours.

The northeast is a bit vague, but here's some suggestions.

TG Fashions in MA

http://www.tgfashions.com/

Scarlett in Connecticut

http://scarlettsmakeovers.com/about/

or Amanda in Bethlehem PA, just outside of Philly

http://www.truecolorsmakeup.com/True...keup/Home.html

Or Beth in DC

https://makeoverswithelizabethtaylor.com/
    Hi, I'm Steffi and I'm a crossdresser... And I accept and celebrate both sides of me. Or, maybe I'm gender fluid.

Utah, north of West Jordan, south of North Salt Lake & west of South Salt Lake
    I'm mostly self taught and never felt like I could afford to spend on a transformation service. The process of learning to do make up, picking out clothing, finding and eventually buying a good quality wig, learning to walk in heels, talk and have feminine mannerisms has been ongoing for the last 25+ years and still needs to improve. But there were a few times when the clothes were on and my makeup was just about right that once the hair went on I gasped and stared and almost had to sit down. The reward for all that work came in a flash and I felt as though I'd finally found what I'd been searching for. Even now, that last moment when everything is in place and I've given myself a spritz of scent before heading out the door, I still find myself appreciating this gift.
    Sarah
    Being transgender isn't a lifestyle choice. How you deal with it is.

Platinum Member
    I tried a makeover service once, but the artist had a different objective than I did. He tried to build a feminine mask over my face....literally looked like one! I went with unrealistic expectations.

Like Sara, my most gratifying experiences have been when things seemed to come together in a presentable way. Given my coloring, age and features, a minimalist approach seems to work best.
    Remember always that you not only have the right to be an individual, you have an obligation to be one.

Eleanor Roosevelt

Hi Renee, I too have yet to do a makeover. I’d like to find someone skilled in contouring and is will to give me a crash course. I don’t have a ton of time to watch videos and experiment and would like to find exactly what works.
    If you only knew the power of the pink fog! ~Joss

The struggle to get there was brutal: time, money, pain, failure, desperation, tears, heartbreak,.. For me, that's what made the exhale so big ( "epic", if you like ) when I first landed it. I would need some convincing that such a swing can be, for lack of better terms, "faked".

I'm sure your pro makeover will be special and will give you much better results than I have ever achieved, but if you want the release to be "epic", then in my opinion, a struggle gone beforehand would amplify it.

It will still be special though. I think the intensity of the need is also a contributing factor.
    - Lydianne.

I was completely astonished and thrilled when I completed my first makeup. When that lipstick went on, at last, I was in awe as it was better than I could have believed.

My wonderful wife is and has been my consultant advisor since the beginning. She’s been a professional model for several years and knows all the “tricks”. I like trying to doing my makeup on my own, but finally threw the towel in. Her attitude is..if you’re going to do something, do it right. With a lot of fun and frustrating practice, I know what to do. A definable moment was her contouring expertise. I’ll never, never forgot the first time she contoured my face. When I looked in the mirror...I couldn’t believe what a difference it made. 💋 YouTube has some great instructional videos. I wish you well.

Platinum Member
    Hi Renee , That is a lifelong learning experience, A lot depends on your facial structure
    like most thing, Practice makes perfect. >Orchid ..++.
    Having my ears triple pierced is AWESOME, ~~......

I can explain it to you, But I can't comprehend it for you !

If at first you don't succeed, Then Skydiving isn't for you.

Be careful what you wish for, Once you ring a bell , you just can't Un-Ring it !! !!

Stop that, it's silly.... DIANEF's Avatar
    I've never had a make over and my first attempts at makeup are best forgotten. But I learned quickly and by the time I got my first wig my skills weren't too bad (a fresh young face helped). Only when I had my face on and added the wig did I see the image I had been hoping for for the first time, it was a highly emotional, and thrilling moment. A professional make over is certainly on my 'to do' list, just to see how my efforts compare to the experts.
    Here today, gone tomorrow....