Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: First Time Seeing YOU

Renee, I went to True Colors in Bethlehem PA. I loved seeing me in the mirror. Just be ready to wear heels for at least 4 hours.
    Please call me Jamie, I always_have crossdressed, I always will, "alwayshave".

My first makeover (makeup instructions) were at a beauty parlor. I emailed first explaining who I was and what I wanted.

It ended up being 2 - 2 hour sessions. First session was overall face including some eyebrow shaping, second session was dedicated to eyes (very important).

I sat in a beauty salon with all of the GGs. In the first session there were about 20 GGs between makeup artists and customers. Second session was maybe about 10.

First session I was in drab. Second session I was fully dolled up (wig, blouse, skirt, heels).

After the second session I couldn't believe it. I sat looking in the mirror. As the makeup artist did her thing more and more of my male features disappeared. In the end it was amazing. What I saw was someone very feminine looking. Very girly. The longer I stared the more I saw a girl rather than a guy.

I left there and on the way home continued to look in the mirror (yes I was still made up). I decided I needed to take it for a test drive. This was pretty much as good as it's going to get. I headed for a major shopping mall. In I went. I walked around mingling with the crowds. Walking just a few feet from them, occasionally dodging them to avoid bumping into each other. Hardly an odd look. Only two ladies when I first entered the mall but then as I gained confidence nothing odd. Walked the mall and then headed home. It was such a surreal experience. I was for all intents and purposes a girl. In my wildest dreams I never would have thought this was possible.

The girls at the beauty salon were so supportive and friendly. I emailed them a heartfelt thanks and they offered me a free makeup session for any special evening I wanted. I picked Halloween and yes I had a hoot for the whole day. First the makeup session (fully dressed), then out on the town fully dressed - no shame - no awkward situations.

All-in-all an unforgettable experience. It gave me the confidence to get dressed up and head out almost anywhere. I have walked another mall, the biggest one we have. Not one odd look. Been to the local support group and then out to the bar with the group. Volunteered for the local Pride Day, spent the whole day dressed up. Much of this because I feel confident in my look and makeup. I'm not saying I pass really well, I give myself a 6 out of 10 and that's close enough.
    Last edited by sweetdreams; 09-03-2018 at 02:16 AM.
    Why fit in when you were born to stand out? - Dr. Suess

Renee, Go for it! I did mine a few months ago and it was really great. I looked better than I ever would have guessed possible and felt totally comfortable being out once made up like that. Make sure the wig is good quality and enjoy. As some have mentioned, a make-over can only do so much- I was a bit surprised that I looked older in femme than I think I do as a guy (the makeup tended to emphasize some wrinkles that I don't notice normally). I would not say it changed my life completely, but it definitely provided me with the confidence to try it again (and probably again and again and again...) and I felt much better about who I was and where I might go with this. Also, I was solo after the makeover and I would have enjoyed going out with a companion or two. Good luck!

As a teenager, I did nothing more than most girls, mascara and lipstick.......then came Knot's Landing and that smoky eye look Donna Mill's was famous for. I bought her video and perfected the look. Got so many compliments on my eyes back then. Nowadays all one needs to do is go to youtube and you will learn all the tricks. I love the process of putting on makeup, especially the eyes and lips.........

Thanks for the responses and suggestions! I think I found a few possible places to try this fall or next spring from the above suggestions. I'm in no urgent state of need but definitely want to get this experience off my bucket list. Finding time is my biggest challenge. I never really went looking for places until this past week and I'm surprised there are quite a few places. Thanks to everyone posting up their places and well respected other services.

The second part of this thread that is very interesting is the emotional impact. I would be interested in hearing more about how emotionally you reacted when you grasped your reality. Plus how that experience changed your life's perspective.

As to me I have zero expectations as I never once experimented. That's kind of why I thought I bet if I just jump in the deep end it might kick start things in a wonderfully pleasing way. Either way I'm at that point I really need to experience this attempt at least once.

Quote Originally Posted by alwayshave View Post
    Renee, I went to True Colors in Bethlehem PA.
    Nirvana!
    Visit Kandi's Land (http://www.kandis-land.com/) daily! Nothing but positive and uplifting posts!
    Pictures and stories of every time out: https://www.flickr.com/photos/131254150@N06/.

My first one was with a woman that does make up for the movies. Was a totally great experience. Briught several outfits and once male up was dome she did a photo shoot. I got so comfortable with it that I did some risky ones also. Totally love letting Alice totally out of the bag. I have had several conventional make overs and they also were fun.Jist let yourself enjoy the experience nd the results. Be sure to get some photos of the finished product

Silver Member
    Over the years, I practiced and experimented with makeup in my mobile closet and without the benefit of instruction from the web. I thought I did fairly well, and improvement continued thanks to wonderful websites.
    Manly and older person facial features were always a problem (large nose, deep set eyes, large brow bones, heavy wrinkles, etc.), but little by little I pretty much learned how to deal with them. My first wig made such a huge difference. I was quite satisfied.

Then came the best makeup thing to happen to me ... the training sessions offered by Sephora's for we transgirls. I went twice and had my eyes reopened as to what more I could actually do to make my face appear more feminine. The MUAs were so kind and helpful, and best of all, it was all free. Each time I left, fully en femme, I felt so pretty. So, yes, get a professional makeover, if that's at all possible. You'll never regret it!

Banned Read only
    Hi Renee, what a cool thread! I grew up with two sisters and Mom (no Dad), so I got to watch a lot and I got to be their tester at times! I always had long hair, and I was small built. Like Desiree, all I needed at first was mascara and lip gloss.
    My first time seeing me dressed and with make up was incredible! It was a complete transformation! I couldn’t believe I was seeing a really cute girl. I’ve learned on my own how to do more with make up and I’ve never looked back!
    BTW, I was away from this site for some time and I’m very happy to be back. 😊

I have yet to experience Me ! Still a touchy subject with the SO.

I had my first makeover almost a month ago. Like many others, I too experimented doing my own makeup with disastrous results. That experience made me realize that it makes more sense to pay a competent professional who can color match one properly than to take a chance buying a lot of non refundable stuff thay may end up not working.

When I got my makeover, I didn't expect perfection. I was satisfied in the knowledge that it would be a great step forward and that I would learn a lot, which I did.

The makeup on its own did not complete my look. That happenned about an hour later when I went to buy my first good wig. When that wig came on my head, it pulled everything together. I left the store wearing that wig. My avatar pic was taken that day.

"Epic perfection" is everyone's goal, but I don't think it can ever really be attained by someone else doing one's makeup. That's why I plan to learn to do my own makeup by attending classes. i'm looking forward to it.
    Last edited by Patience; 11-07-2018 at 07:41 AM. Reason: It's a mistery.
    When haters hate, I celebrate!

Quote Originally Posted by ~Renee~ View Post
    What were your first makeup/makeover experiences?
    I went to a professional transformation service while I was in Houston on business travel. I went in full girl mode, except for any make-up, and well shaved.

I was watching the transformation in the mirror as she was doing it, including the foundation, contouring and the rest of the facial work. It was very disappointing. I just looked like a man playing with his mom's makeup, and not doing a very good job of it. I still looked like a man.

She then turned me around facing away from the mirror while she finished doing my eyes, and then putting on, adjusting and combing out my wig. Then she spun me around to the mirror so I could look at myself. A woman, not a man, was staring back at me, and I was, if dare I say, beautiful.

I was just going to have her take off my makeup, because I met my goal. I could look like a girl with the right makeup.

But, she told me, that since she worked so hard, I should at least take it on a test drive. She gave me a few suggestion for lunch in the gay district and assured me that I would be safe and respected. On the way there, I passed a TJ Maxx and decided to make a quick shopping stop with the muggles. I was perusing a rack of dresses, with a GG woman within arms length of me, and she didn't even suspect that I was a guy. I wasn't clocked until I talked to an SA and did a poor job of feminizing my voice.

How did seeing "you" for the first time impact your inner girl or life?
    It turned the dream to reality. I could really look like a girl, not a man in a dress. It gave me incentive to get makeup lessons so I could do my own makeup. It also gave me confidence to go out as a girl meeting other CDs, and then going to the Keystone Conference. I also pretexted a business trip to Philadelphia for the sole purpose of getting a makeover and photo shoot with Amanda of True Colors Artistry. It was an amazing day that I didn't want to end. I even wore my classic red press-on nails home, even though I knew I would have to get gas and dinner en route.

Who or what do you suggest to ensure I get the most meaningful result?
    Dress in girl mode for the full experience, and take the makeover on a test drive in the wild.

Make sure someone takes (a lot of) pictures of you en femme.
    Last edited by Sometimes Steffi; 11-07-2018 at 09:50 PM.
    Hi, I'm Steffi and I'm a crossdresser... And I accept and celebrate both sides of me. Or, maybe I'm gender fluid.

I gues I am weird I felt no different befor or after a full make over. I guess it was because I slowly worked up to it and I already knew what I was going to look like.
    Leslie Mary Shy
    Remember this:
    You do not have to be a man to love a woman, or be a woman to love women's clothes on her or yourself.

Aspiring Member
    I am yet to fully experience that. I have only ever done my own makeup. Some times it works out ok; sometimes it turns out terrible.
    I'm planning to go for a professional makeup job next summer while my family are out of the country. The place I have in mind also do lessons, so I might go back for that. (I just want to go for the pleasure of the transformation the first time).

Since I started crossdressing (maybe even from quite sometime before!), I pass a mirror and see 'me' (my femme side) peeking through. Stubbly face and all. But now I am thinking of checking out one of these makeover type places just for a fun experience! Gonna tuck it away in the back of my mind for a 'maybe in the near future' sort of things. Thank you, ladies, for the inspiration!

Quote Originally Posted by Becky Blue View Post
    Renee, I think that seeing myself properly for the first time was extremely significant and in fact I would call it a life changing event. From the moment I saw 'her' in the mirror she was a real person. I cant stress enough how important that was for me.

My first experience involved going to a professional transformation place in Sydney in 2005, that was the first time I saw myself with makeup and long hair. When I opened my eyes and saw myself as a woman the first time Becky became real. That moment became a reference point for everything that has followed since.
    This. At carlas.com in San Jose.
    "a life changing event"

But I would echo what Mikki said as well - you're not going to look like Beyonce coming out unless you looked like Beyonce going in. Aejaie at Carla's was very careful to make sure in advance that I didn't have unrealistic expectations, and that made a big difference because the end result then was so much better than I expected.

I'm having another one done in Dublin Ireland this weekend, but as a learning experience as well because I am really want to be able to do this properly myself now.

Although i had been dressing for years and had become quite good at makeup - I never truly "saw Dev" until i bought a really high quality wig - all of my previous ones were cheap/halloween type of quality.

The first time i put on that lace front wig in full mode and turned to the full length mirror, I exhaled deeply and then had a good cry for a few minutes transfixed by the image. For the first time, it just felt like me staring back at me. No other words to explain it.

mini kilted chick t-girlxsophie's Avatar
    I had my face put on at a beauty salon before an event a few years ago and it was that poor first thing I did was wipe it off and reapply myself

Hoping next year to get my first professional makeover and photoset next year,hoping to pick up a few makeup tips too,they come highly recommended

Sophie
    We look to Scotland,for all our Ideas of Civilisation-Voltaire

========================================

A woman who loves to wear beautiful clothes is like a flower.
    A man who loves to emulate these women is a special flower-a rose
    Facebook:Sophie Johnson

I saw several references in this thread to using a "transformation studio". How do you find those? I live near Dallas, so it's not like I'm out in the boon docks, but googling "transformation studio near me" gave me nothing other than a bunch of fitness studios (yoga and pilates). Is there something else I should be looking for?

As always, a stand alone Sephora store will be happy to accommodate. That environment though, while more private than a mall or big box store, may not be enough so for a first time. Check out freelance makeup artists in your area. Odds are good that none or more are happy to help.
    Failing that, come to Houston and we can hook you up.

Darci:
    The only TG / CD transformation service in Dallas closed down about a year and a half ago. My first makeup lesson was at the MAC store in Willow Bend mall. You can schedule a lesson and an artist will do half your face and you do the other. It takes about an hour and a half. You walk out looking gorgeous and you are given a complete list of all the products used on you on a chart of your face. There is no obligation to buy any products, because you are paying the makeup artist for their time. The Willow Bend shop has some private rooms in the back to be worked on so you do not have to be made up in the public area. Just make sure if you schedule an appointment to make sure your artist has experience working with TG individuals.
    If that won't work Kelly can hook you up with an awesome MUA named Brooke in Houston. A number of the ladies on this site use her for special occasions.
    Zoey

ladydreamingdanish
    One of my first makeovers was a disaster..I did it myself. I was unemployed at the time and without income but wanted to start wearing makeup discreetly in ways that only I knew I was wearing it. So I bought a bunch of makeup at the dollar store not know if any of the shades would go well or what to even do with the stuff to make it look like I knew what I was doing. I looked like a raccoon with big blue eyes and so scary no-one would want to meet me in a dark alley.
    At the time I belonged to a transgender support group since they welcomed crossdressers and I found out from one of the leaders of someone in a department store who gave makeovers. I went for the first time and the session took about two hours. My face was so dry that had to be moisturized first. Then they also gave me a few tips about applying makeup and sold me a number of moisturizing products that I still use today. After a month was a big difference in my face as the skin appeared super hydrated which is a good way to begin feminizing the face. After that makeup session I felt like a new woman and in most cases hardly anyone recognized that I was not really a woman. A few weeks ago, I went again for another makeover and getting more tips and going out for dinner with a number of transgender people at a restaurant that did not make any notice of who we were.
    As time has passed, I have also been getting ideas from makeup artists who are female and have written books that can be obtained at the library. I also read books on hair and nails as well since those are also important for your look.
    One suggestion I have for you is to check out Sephora website. If you are a Sephora insider, you can join makeover sessions and training geared towards transgender and non-binary people. These sessions are free of charge if a store in your area offers it. If not, they will do the same if buy minimum $50 worth of product.
    Check out your area to see if there are any LGBT groups or special services who cater specifically to the LGBT community. In some areas of the country, there are also Meetup groups for crossdressers and transgender people.
    You may need to get out of your comfort zone and practice at home. This way you can develop your own style of makeover that you are comfortable wearing whenever the opportunity arises.
    Hope this is helpful to you.

Thanks so much for the info, Zoey. That's good to know. I'll check it out when the time comes.

Thanks, Danish, for your story. That's kind of where I am - retired, no income. I've looked at stuff at Dollar Tree, and started checking off stuff that I needed and could get there. Kind of overwhelming - even at $1 per item, it does start to add up, and that's just for the cheap stuff! But no one ever said being a girl was cheap, huh?

My first full en femme experience was just this past Halloween. So, My overall look I was very satisfied with. I think that my makeup could have been better and yes, a better wig could have been tossed into the mix. The success at what I considered passing was much better than I would have thought. As I have a very deep voice(Loud) voice, I have not "perfected" a feminine voice even close to my satisfaction. Now that said, my walk, mannerisms, etc were complimented by many women and lots of the men at the party I went to.

I mean, walking into the party and having everyone's head turn trying to figure out who I was, was priceless. I am still getting comments today from friends and co-workers that have seen the pictures of the event, so I also guess I am "outed now" to everyone that knows me. I am OKAY with that especially after the reactions from everyone.

Hope that helps.

What where your first makeup/makeover experiences?
    When I was a goth boy in high school I did makeup all the time, and had that particular look down pretty well, but I don't count that.

My first time ever doing makeup as a crossdresser was just a couple of weeks ago, and my girlfriend is solely responsible, not just for making it happen but teaching me all the different products, showing me how and when to use them, and helping me develop my own look. We were joined in the dressing room by two other crossdressers who were just happy to see me experience my first time in full dress.

How did seeing "you" for the first time impact your inner girl or life?
    It really kind of blew me away like in one of those makeover TV shows. I always thought of myself as "reasonably attractive/acceptable" but for the first time in my life, I felt pretty. And there was another unnamed feeling like it was something that was missing from my life; I just never realized it until I had it. That day a little part of myself kind of crept out; I developed a female persona... and now GF refers to me separately by my male or female name, as if we're different people- and in some ways we are. I've already found I'm more socially brave as "Heather."

Who or what do you suggest to ensure I get the most meaningful result?
    Find a GG lady friend who will show you the ropes. Honestly, I owe so very much to my girlfriend, but I have found in the past couple of weeks the women at many makeup and clothing stores I've visited have been extremely helpful and sometimes even excited to share tips with me.

EDIT: I was one of three men shopping solo at Torrid last night, heh. None of us made eye contact, but I loved it just the same.
    Last edited by CallMeHeather; 11-16-2018 at 05:38 PM.