Thread: nailed it.

nailed it.

What's happening to me? Yesterday the hair salon, today the nail salon and you should see my acrylics, not too long and only clear coated but WOW!!! I threw all caution to the wind, I couldn't understand a word the women were saying to each other but I'm pretty sure some was about me but who cares I got me some nails. I hope I can keep them on long enough for some of my real nails to grow back in. The girl said I could polish them and kept pushing for gels but I like to change colors often, I think she saw dollar signs but you have to squeeze this turnip really hard to get blood. Maybe next is a total make over? This girl thing is way fun! OOPS!! I think I posted in the wrong section.
    Last edited by Allisa; 09-01-2018 at 04:16 PM.
    "you are a strange species and there are many out there;shall I tell you what I find beautiful about you ,you are at your best when things are at their worst" ...[ Starman]
    It may of course be a bit disturbing to sense that one is really not so firmly anchored to the gender one was born into.

Glad you nailed it. If you added some pictures it could have gone in the gallery.

Platinum Member
    Hi Lisa , It sounds like you are trying to transition one piece at a time. >Orchid ..++..
    Having my ears triple pierced is AWESOME, ~~......

I can explain it to you, But I can't comprehend it for you !

If at first you don't succeed, Then Skydiving isn't for you.

Be careful what you wish for, Once you ring a bell , you just can't Un-Ring it !! !!

I wanna see your acrylics too!

Junior Member Samantha Sometimes's Avatar
    Ou im so jealous! That must’ve been so fun!!

I started getting my nails done January 2016 but I had an alterior motive. I had a bad habit of biting my nails or tearing them up around the house, yard work etc. It was my daughter that pushed me a bit to get acrylic nails. I did that for a year. Then my daughter suggested I try S & S. I have been doing that ever since. At first I would break, chip or crack a nail. Earlier this year when I had an appointment out of 10 nails 6 were either cracked, chipped or broken. I did figure out some of the cause - a keyboard. I was allowing my nails to get a bit too long. Now when I go in for an appointment the nails get trimmed back a bit. I do not get any nail polish applied during an appointment. I am in guy mode when I am there.

Platinum Member
    Just enjoy yourself...makeovers included
    Remember always that you not only have the right to be an individual, you have an obligation to be one.

Eleanor Roosevelt

I get pedicures with color every 4-5 weeks. My regular girl Traci looked at my chewed up finger nails and asked about them. I admitted I was a long time nail chewer, she said if she smoothed them out I would have nothing to bite. She did so and guess what, it actually worked. I have stopped biting my nails and keep them rounded and smooth. I do get an occasional Mani but no color although I would absolutely love pink fingernails. Crissy

Allisa,
    The girl thing can be expensive, with a bit of practice and the right tools you can have as much fun doing it yourself.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

Good for you Allisa. Enjoy what makes you happy.
    Teri Ray Rural Idaho Girl.

Banned Read only
    Lisa,
    I'm saving my money until my renovation work is done , I accept some days I have good nails and the next they're gone , I try and keep the Grape Sorbet ( a nice soft pink ) colour on as much as I can even if the nails are sometimes trimmed and filed a little short . I hate to say this but it's getting round to wood gathering time which means the inevitable chain saw coming out and log splitting time , not good for nails !! ( Oh no not back to the Lumberjack song again !!!)