Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: My “tells”are accumulating!

Ladies, thank you all for the support. It’s funny, I was just having a similar conversation with my gender therapist, who I LOVE but am not allowed to take home and keep her. LOL

I’m on a one-way ride to being fully out, but it’s a process. It’s going faster than I originally had planned, large in part because of both my wife’s encouragement (ie when she said enough is enough, get dressed and we’re going dancing in West Hollywood) and my wife’s insistence that I get over any insecurities about my presentation on a day to day basis.

I’m at the point where new people I meet can know whatever they want to, because it’s easy and people are generally accepting I find. Where I struggle is with old friends and family who know me intimately enough to dig. I’ve had some bad experiences with my brother, who seems to find transphobic things to say more often than the average person. My mother as well... for now, my plan is to slowly share with “safe” friends, building confidence as I go.

And Cassandra, I DEFINITELY need some toe rings now that you’ve said that!

Stop that, it's silly.... DIANEF's Avatar
    I have some tell tale signs that people may or may not notice, both ears pierced, shaped eyebrows, a woman's watch, thin rings, virtually hairless arms. So far no one has commented, though I've certainly seen people looking on more than one occasion. Even when my wife asks about such things I just say I have them because I like them, and she doesn't press the issue.
    Here today, gone tomorrow....

The avvy pic isn't me
    Quote Originally Posted by KatrinaK View Post
    I’m at the point where new people I meet can know whatever they want to, because it’s easy and people are generally accepting I find. Where I struggle is with old friends and family who know me intimately enough to dig.

And Cassandra, I DEFINITELY need some toe rings now that you’ve said that!
    Yeah, t totally get ya......that is the main deal.
    And least people think i'm that 'out', I have held back from explaining it all to my older brothers. They'd be ok with it for the most part, but it also just isn't a big deal. I'm sure they all have formed their own conclusions just from the way I present. Because of other circumstances I just don't have any old friends to deal with.

Your right, the majority of people really are generally accepting.

I loooove my toe rings and the feeling of that anklet dangling around on my ankle is really nice.

I'm so bummed tho, one of my fave toe rings has finally worn out and had to be tossed; since they have to be bendable to get on and off they do tend to finally just wear out, I was putting it on the other day, and it just came apart.
    It was a wide band with an antique brass looking finish, filigreed...……………..the perfect blend of feminine and masculine.
    I have prolly 10 toe rings, one is a simple band, and looks like a men's wedding ring, a couple of lady friends have asked about it as I wear it on the left foot.

Cass
    Last edited by Cassandra Lynn; 09-22-2018 at 05:52 PM.

Never thought this thread would result in more tells, but this girl is going to get some toe rings!

This is a really great thread for me. I spent years working so hard to present the most bland and unremarkable male image possible that I made Ned Flanders look like a hippy.

I came out to my family (siblings) recently and now that they are ok I have dialed it down, but I am still finding it *really* difficult to do anything that I can't hide if need be (like get my ears pierced, which I have always wanted to do).
    Last edited by Eemz; 09-23-2018 at 02:16 PM.

Go ahead and get them pierced, what's stopping you? A lot of men have their ears pierced and it is fine.

Just do it already! DaisyLawrence's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Eemz View Post
    but I am still finding it *really* difficult to do anything that I can't hide if need be (like get my ears pierced, which I have always wanted to do).
    Oh just do it already. Lots of men have pierced ears and you can take the earings out after a while you know. I'ts not exactly like having breast implants now is it? It's your life, live it.

Quote Originally Posted by DaisyLawrence View Post
    Oh just do it already ... It's your life, live it.
    Ha ha yes I definitely see the irony here, that's why I shared this I'm sitting at my desk at work right now in a pale blue soft fabric shirt, a white watch and a bracelet of small hearts, girl jeans, and red & gold shoes. But earrings? Oh no that'd be *way* too obvious. LOL

Now your getting it. Down to the piercing studio.

I got both ears pierced this summer and wore studs for several weeks while I was on vacation. When I returned to work, I went to tattoo studio where I got them pierced and she put in clear retainers. I wear them to work every day and no one has said anything negative. Only a couple have noticed.

My newest "tell"...I've clipped my arm hair significantly...not much left! yay! and I'm so much enjoying my short sleeve and sleeveless dresses!
    Wearing my fuschia bodycon dress:
    http://imgur.com/6WkdAts
    For the first time, outdoors during the day:
    http://i.imgur.com/RmjIxbY.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by nikkiwindsor View Post
    My newest "tell"...I've clipped my arm hair significantly...not much left! yay! and I'm so much enjoying my short sleeve and sleeveless dresses!
    Yay! I was very self conscious when I shaved my arms for the first time (actually Veet). It was for a specific event, but nobody batted an eyelid so I've kept them that way.

I'm with you Eemz...no one (including my wife) has batted an eye!

Quote Originally Posted by DaisyLawrence View Post
    Oh just do it already.
    Done! Thanks for the push Daisy LOL

Eemz, I'm excited for you. Bet you can't wait for them to heal so you can get those danglies in.

First, under my arms, then my legs, now . . . . ? It is becoming simply natural at this point. And I do adore the smooth sensations on my legs! Oh my!

Roxanne, A little Girl at a Time.
    As Sweet As I Can Ever Be

mini kilted chick t-girlxsophie's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by KatrinaK View Post
    .and I’m about to get both ears pierced.
    My Friend has had both her ears pierced,her reason if anyone should ask is,that she couldn't afford a Ferrari,or a Harley so this was her mid-life crisis decision

Sophie
    We look to Scotland,for all our Ideas of Civilisation-Voltaire

========================================

A woman who loves to wear beautiful clothes is like a flower.
    A man who loves to emulate these women is a special flower-a rose
    Facebook:Sophie Johnson

Settled down for a few years in the Texas Hill Country
    Regarding ear piercing, I got both mine pierced three months ago - 60th birthday present to myself. My wife and mother-in-law thought it was a great idea. Only one person has directly commented; a woman at a winery who told me she liked it and wished more men would wear earrings. Before then, I thought people would think less of me or that I was strange. I was completely wrong. I'll know more when I see the more socially conservative members of my family.

FYI, I know several men who paint their toenails and fingernails.
    Lynne

You can friend me at on Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/lynnesealytx. I don't post often, mainly lurk

My nails are growing longer...I had to clip them back a bit for a visit to my parents. And the broken nail is starting to grow back too! I've applied a couple coats of clear nail polish hoping that may prevent breakage. And I'm carefully filing them as they grow. They're getting to the point that they're difficult to hide from the muggles. I'll have to keep them a modest length that doesn't get attention. Why is it that I have to please society and not rock their little suffocating world? Let me do my thing, let me be me, and don't judge me!! Why is that too much to ask?
    Last edited by nikkiwindsor; 10-14-2018 at 08:49 AM.

How I wish I had some pretty "tells". Maybe he would admire me, then!

"Roxanne, In a Girls's World"
    As Sweet As I Can Ever Be