Thread: Bikini Recommendations

Banned Read only

Bikini Recommendations

Hi Ladies,

I was wondering if anyone could recommend any websites for bikini shopping? I bought some stuff from Shein.com and was not overly impressed. Any, help is appreciated.

Geoff / Lady G the Exercise Video Queen

Afraid I don’t have an even remotely bikini friendly body so I’m afraid I can’t give you any specific recommendations, but swimwear is highly seasonal so you have literally picked the WORST weekend of the year for Bikini shopping. I’m sure a simple google search will turn up plenty of results but the best time to find the widest selection of swimwear would be probably late January/Early Feb. that’s when retailers start getting their spring lines.

As Micki suggested---not the best time for those. And as suggested before-- many of the "sites' sell stuff that's Asian Sizing!! Beware!! Bought stuff from Rosegal & JJsHouse that were "not as expected" when they finally arrived. With chineese all over the packaging. Good Luck. Toni G...

Try SwimSuits4All.com nice selection and good quality at an inexpensive price.
    I have 2 suits from there and love them.
    I don't wear women's clothes, I wear MY clothes !

I have bought some of mine from Amazon

Just buy them off the rack,then you can see what you get.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

Actually this is the best time for swimwear shopping, especially at saksofffifth.com, nordstromrack.com, Newman Marcus last call or 6pm.com, or discountswim.com. End of season deals abound. Even Zulily has deals but you have to watch their site every day.

Rotita is also good; they have a lot of swim dresses, tankinis, and cute boy shorts bikinis.

Look for suits that feature thick fabric and some width in the crotch for, you know. Also, printed fabrics do a better job of hiding things than solid colors, and dark colors more than light ones. This is not just important for down below but for wearing forms up top (or chicken cutlets in my case).

Surfwear companies like Volcom are also good but their swimwear tends toward young and sexy.

This is also a great time to score close out deals on denim short shorts from places like Hollister and American Eagle.

Good luck and happy hunting!
    Last edited by OCCarly; 09-05-2018 at 02:45 AM.
    Carries a spray bottle of "pink fog" around with her in her purse at all times.

Hey there.
    Try swimoutlet.com. Sporti brand and then try zaful. Lots to choose from
    Cheers!

Got some from Figleaves. Good fit.

Seafolly,

just check the play in the crotch area

Personal choice!, Stacy!
    STOP, Well I just dance the way I feel
    Stop breathing imagine none of this is real

Well I just dance the way I feel
    "Ou Est Le Swimming Pool"

Silver Member
    Strongly consider doing such shopping at a store, even if you need to travel to feel ok doing it. I say this for 2 reasons, firstly the fit is nearly impossible to predict for such items without trying them on and secondly there are so many on sale at crazy prices.
    I wear women's swim bottoms for pole dance class and I just go to J C Penney or Target, OLD Navy... and go to the fitting room (depends men's or women's fitting room) fun and saves me all the extra work of returns. Good Luck

Swimwear company Agonswim has a few bikini styles with a wide choice of print patterns and solid colors, or random custom print from their grab bag of remaining extras after teams orders. They recently added a dress to their collection of styles, if you want one matching your swimsuit.

I don't know much about this, but be sure to know your measures and that it covers you well and doesn't feel like if you are making a torniquet to both legs or anything like that.

This can be a great time of year to hit goodwill stores. Often local retail stores will donate unsold inventory. Plus sizes, broken sets (perfect for us gurls) are plentiful and pennies on a dollar.

Shopping at the mall, in the Pacific NW USA
    I've ordered a couple from Walmart and bought one at Kohls. Like was mentioned, double check your size. I've been burned on the Chinese sizes too. Their XL is about a size 10.
    Dana Ryan

Aspiring Member
    Her room.com the best place for all kinds of Panties on line.
    Live Today as if it is your last day

Where in southern California are you? Los Angeles here

California Dreamin Michaelasfun's Avatar
    Second the Walmart idea, and not just for bikinis. Mainly because they have realistic sizes (an XL really is an XL and not a size 8).
    Michaela

If you choose not to decide, you still have made a choice. - Rush