Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: To blend or not to blend, that's the question

I agree, dress appropriately for the venue and confidence are the only requirements! Scout out the GGs at the venue and then dress appropriately! Take a big gulp of air and say here we go and step forward! You are now off on an adventure! Just do it and enjoy! Most people do not notice and the ones that do may give you a second glance but mostly are caught up in their own business! Just my $0.02! Hugs and best wishes! Lana Mae
    Life is worth living!
    "Foxy lady! You look so good!!" Jimi Hendrix

This sage advice is so helpful...the proof will be in the pudding when I decide to go out and put all these things into practice...confidence, scout the venue and wear clothing similar to what GGs are wearing, good posture (hadn't thought of that at all), reasonable makeup, a more feminine voice if you are fortunate to have developed one and simply own who your are. I have an idea about going out but I'll stew more about it before I share on the forum for feedback.
    Wearing my fuschia bodycon dress:
    http://imgur.com/6WkdAts
    For the first time, outdoors during the day:
    http://i.imgur.com/RmjIxbY.jpg

Shopping at the mall, in the Pacific NW USA
    Just like driving down the freeway, you don't want to be the fastest car; which you will be noticed by the police. Whenever you stand out, you will be noticed. Years ago, I was at a TG convention and a bunch of us girls went to a mall. There was one girl that was about 6'3" tall and about 275 lbs. She was wearing a bright pink floral top that got everyone's attention. Several of us were walking behind her and no one noticed us. She just stood out, with the bright pink.
    Dana Ryan

Quote Originally Posted by Tracii G View Post
    This exercise if futile because no one can ever agree on anything.
    Go out dressed however you wish.
    This.

I like wearing dresses with nylons and heels. How many women do you see wearing nylons and heels?

So if I chose to "blend", that means, for the most part, jeans and tops, which, for the record, I do own and wear out occasionally. And every time I do, it means one less opportunity to wear what I like to wear out (and I don't get that many chances to get out).

So wear what you like. As Kandi says, make your own reality (of course, be sensible about where you go for your personal safety, but that is a separate issue whether you are wearing a dress, jeans and a top, or a tutu). The vast majority of people are going to let you be whether you are in a dress or jeans and a top.

I decided a while ago people may see a guy in a dress, but they don't know it's ME in the dress. And I want to make sure it's a pretty dress.

Great debate about an important topic to many of us. As for blending in, where I'm from the 'uniform' is either leggings or trousers etc. Neither of them I don't wear, so when I venture out I wear skirt, tights and heels with a coat that is mid length so it's baggy enough to hide hips etc.

I can not pass however I can blend in. It has been said 1000 times the key is CONFIDENCE (1001). When I get the chance to go out into the world I like to truly be a women on the move doing what women do. I want people to see me as the women I am that day. My wife is my best example she wears heels when she should (work, weddings, dancing and holiday party's) and flats when she should movies, casual dinners, picnics and shopping. (you can try on heels while shopping ) I see a lot of Facebook articles what a women over fifty (in my case over 60) should and should not wear, I always stop and read the do's and don't. If women write these do's and don't why would I question them or worse not follow advise.