Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: How do I look "au naturel" with minimal makeup and wearing a maxi dress?

How do I look "au naturel" with minimal makeup and wearing a maxi dress?

Dressing up (or should I say "dressing down") "au naturel" was difficult for a girl like me who is so into a glamorous look. But, if I'm to try "blending" in public this is the sacrifice I apparently have to make. I'll admit the cotton maxi dress is far more comfortable than the bandage dresses I usually wear. And skipping the false eyelashes makes for a more pleasant transformation too.

Taylor, if you're reading this, perhaps my face appears less narrow since I went cold turkey with the contouring...let me know what you think (re: my post "reddit r/crossdressing")
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by nikkiwindsor; 09-03-2018 at 06:12 PM.
    Wearing my fuschia bodycon dress:
    http://imgur.com/6WkdAts
    For the first time, outdoors during the day:
    http://i.imgur.com/RmjIxbY.jpg

I like your look. Natural suits you.
    Teri Ray Rural Idaho Girl.

you may be ready to move on to taylor town, so pretty!
    STOP, Well I just dance the way I feel
    Stop breathing imagine none of this is real

Well I just dance the way I feel
    "Ou Est Le Swimming Pool"

You may not like this but I think you are lovely as a natural girl. If you've ever seen any of my pics you'll know I love maxi dresses and skirts and less is more when it comes to make-up.There is a place for glamour but not the grocery store.
    "you are a strange species and there are many out there;shall I tell you what I find beautiful about you ,you are at your best when things are at their worst" ...[ Starman]
    It may of course be a bit disturbing to sense that one is really not so firmly anchored to the gender one was born into.

Platinum Member
    Hi nikki , You just have that natural good looks about yourself. >orchid ..++..
    Having my ears triple pierced is AWESOME, ~~......

I can explain it to you, But I can't comprehend it for you !

If at first you don't succeed, Then Skydiving isn't for you.

Be careful what you wish for, Once you ring a bell , you just can't Un-Ring it !! !!

Stop that, it's silly.... DIANEF's Avatar
    I think you could happily go out anywhere looking like that Nikki.
    Here today, gone tomorrow....

You Go Girl. Nikki that is an Ideal shopping look.
    You will blend just fine till you speak.

Our voices sometimes just don't transition correctly to a dress. Say Less, Listen more. when you do speak keep the volume down low, MAKE them listen to what you have to say and say something they want to hear. Do NOT repeat your self. If they ask you what you said say it with different word and the same meaning.
    Leslie Mary Shy
    Remember this:
    You do not have to be a man to love a woman, or be a woman to love women's clothes on her or yourself.

You look absolutely gorgeous, especially for dressing down. Amazing. You look so natural au naturel, you make me soooo jealous!
    Sherrie Lynn Pall

Sometimes I make sense and that frightens me.

Please don't let me be the last post on this thread

ChaChing, Nikki...congrats....subtle elegance. You’ll definitely blend in. (unless you wear black nylon stockings and spikes. lol) You would blend in around here. I know. I understand how you feel making “sacrifices”, but it’s necessary. Yes, mid-calf dresses, skirts and tees are very comfortable. I’ve recently “discovered” skorts. 👍 very comfortable, too. Welcome to a whole new world. Best.

Just do it already! DaisyLawrence's Avatar
    Less is more.

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    U know, Nikki, it's REALLY about what makes u the most comfortable when you're out, isn't it?

In my case, I know I'm going be made as a MIAD. Dressing like an old lady isn't going to change that! What does change is that I HATE looking like that!

So, as long as I can't pass anyway, I mite as well like the way I look!
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

Oh my, Nikki
    "Samm" Sammara Michaels

I also speak fluent sarcasm

Banned Read only
    Nikki,
    Have you tried tying the wig back or a shorter wig with more bounce at the sides , it may help to reshape the face and give it a rounder look , also have you experimented with different colours ? I find a blond wig lets you tone the makeup down , a darker wig frames the face possibly more harshly and requires more makeup . I bet you make a stunning blond even with very little makeup !

Nothing wrong with the dress it's very wearable and easily dressed up or down .

Hey Nikki,

You look outstanding. Didn't I mention you would love wearing a maxi in one of the PMs I sent? Your makeup is just enough to show you are wearing something but not so much to suggest you are wearing something. Top Job.

Cassidy

Perfectly lovely!
    Visit Kandi's Land (http://www.kandis-land.com/) daily! Nothing but positive and uplifting posts!
    Pictures and stories of every time out: https://www.flickr.com/photos/131254150@N06/.

Gold Member
    You look great. Very attractive. I like your hair, it does you well.
    Rader

One word: Lovely! Hugs Lana Mae
    Life is worth living!
    "Foxy lady! You look so good!!" Jimi Hendrix

Nikki, you are lovely in the maxi and "natural" makeup. A whole new world is opening up for you!

Nikki I think you are a natural for sure. You are right about blending with the way you look in these two pictures. I see many GGs and my wife that just dab on a very little lipstick and very small amount of eye makeup and are out in the public all the time. I would venture to say also that many never even use any makeup and no one says they are are not GGs. I believe many over do the makeup. I do because I love getting heavily made up and playing around the house. It's because I'm not out and probably will be. I love the heavy makeup and crazy short skirts and if I went out I would be laughed at and ran out of the county, or arrested for looking like a lady of the night ( hooker).
    You look great natural.

Nikki, very nice look. Works well for day time.
    Please call me Jamie, I always_have crossdressed, I always will, "alwayshave".

I have also been trying out a more minimalist approach to makeup lately and find that it aids my self confidence.

I do have one suggestion based on your photos, though. In the second picture, I believe I can see a little bit of shine/oiliness on the left side of your nose. If we ever saw this in the TV studios (that's "television," no pun intended) where I have worked, somebody would immediately add a dab of translucent powder to cut the reflections. This is a very subtle step that improves your look regardless of gender.

- Diane

Quote Originally Posted by Teri Ray View Post
    I like your look. Natural suits you.
    Thank you...I'm slowly getting use to it

[SIZE=1]- - - Updated - - -[/SIZE]

Quote Originally Posted by Stacy Darling View Post
    you may be ready to move on to taylor town, so pretty!
    I'm waiting for Taylor's invite...she's disappeared on me! Happy to know I'm pretty when in minimalist mode!

Quote Originally Posted by Allisa View Post
    You may not like this but I think you are lovely as a natural girl. If you've ever seen any of my pics you'll know I love maxi dresses and skirts and less is more when it comes to make-up.There is a place for glamour but not the grocery store.
    As of yesterday I wouldn't have liked being lovely as a natural girl, but I have to admit it's slowly growing on me. My GFs who have been giving me a hard time about my over the top glamour are likely having a great laugh at my expense. I've said I wouldn't go natural and now I'm eating my words!

Quote Originally Posted by BLUE ORCHID View Post
    Hi nikki , You just have that natural good looks about yourself. >orchid ..++..
    Thank you! I always thought more was best...I'm starting to think no, that's not true

Quote Originally Posted by DIANEF View Post
    I think you could happily go out anywhere looking like that Nikki.
    Now, i have to think about where to go...in the past it's always been LGBT friendly clubs...have to check it out and see if you're right...can I experience happy while wearing so little makeup?

Finally we get to see the real Nikki Windsor the beautiful natural looking girl that has been hiding behind tubs of makeup for years...love your casual look.. The great outdoors is calling you!
    A.K.A Rebecca & Bec

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    I think you look nice with less make up to be honest all the contouring seemed to look too "chiseled".
    By that I mean sharp edges that light seemed to reflect off of.
    You have a nice soft aire about you in these pics.
    I have found less is way more when it comes to make up. Several years ago I would have said you were crazy to even think that LOL.
    A GG friend of mine gave me a good talking to about too much make up so I tried less and found she was right.

Quote Originally Posted by Leslie Mary S View Post
    You Go Girl. Nikki that is an Ideal shopping look.
    You will blend just fine till you speak.

Our voices sometimes just don't transition correctly to a dress. Say Less, Listen more. when you do speak keep the volume down low, MAKE them listen to what you have to say and say something they want to hear. Do NOT repeat your self. If they ask you what you said say it with different word and the same meaning.
    Well, I do love shopping...but it's always been online...don't know if I'll get the nerve to shop in person en femme...something to think about...thanks for all the tips about talking...it would be great to practice our voices with each other to help us develop female sounding speech

Quote Originally Posted by SherriePall View Post
    You look absolutely gorgeous, especially for dressing down. Amazing. You look so natural au naturel, you make me soooo jealous!
    Ooo..thank you! And you're so glamorous in your avatar pic (I do still love glam!). Have you tried a more natural look too?

Quote Originally Posted by NancySue View Post
    ChaChing, Nikki...congrats....subtle elegance. You’ll definitely blend in. (unless you wear black nylon stockings and spikes. lol) You would blend in around here. I know. I understand how you feel making “sacrifices”, but it’s necessary. Yes, mid-calf dresses, skirts and tees are very comfortable. I’ve recently “discovered” skorts. 👍 very comfortable, too. Welcome to a whole new world. Best.
    Sacrificing makeup and tight dresses was a challenge...certainly I'll still glam up when I have that tug or going out clubbing. Now, the question is when will I have the courage to expand my world since I'll be appropriately dressed to not draw attention. With this look, I'll forgo my heels which means I'll be bare foot until I buy some sandals...all my shoes are high heels...pretty obvious given when I go glam it's over the top in everything, shoes included

Quote Originally Posted by DaisyLawrence View Post
    Less is more.
    I now agree...but that's a change for me