Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: How do I look "au naturel" with minimal makeup and wearing a maxi dress?

Nikki, You look beautiful with this look and like I said before, you would look good in an onion sack.
    Crissy

Nikki: I think that is a very nice, natural look on you. Maybe as Teresa suggested you could experiment with shorter hair and/or lighter colour. It's still a great look.

Quote Originally Posted by docrobbysherry View Post
    U know, Nikki, it's REALLY about what makes u the most comfortable when you're out, isn't it?

In my case, I know I'm going be made as a MIAD. Dressing like an old lady isn't going to change that! What does change is that I HATE looking like that!

So, as long as I can't pass anyway, I mite as well like the way I look!
    I'm eating my words...I've learned that unless I'm clubbing I need a more natural look. And I can look good with less makeup which I didn't think was possible...I always thought more was better

[SIZE=1]- - - Updated - - -[/SIZE]

Quote Originally Posted by Samm View Post
    Oh my, Nikki
    I still cannot believe I can look good with less makeup...it's so illogical...more should mean better...this is a paradox, a conundrum to me

Quote Originally Posted by Teresa View Post
    Nikki,
    Have you tried tying the wig back or a shorter wig with more bounce at the sides , it may help to reshape the face and give it a rounder look , also have you experimented with different colours ? I find a blond wig lets you tone the makeup down , a darker wig frames the face possibly more harshly and requires more makeup . I bet you make a stunning blond even with very little makeup !

Nothing wrong with the dress it's very wearable and easily dressed up or down .
    I've posted pics with shorter and longer ashe blonde and platinum blonde hairstyles...there out here in the forum...but, I think brunette with longer hair suits my oblong face best. If you cannot find my blonde pics, just let me know...do love the maxi dress...very comfortable

Quote Originally Posted by Cassidy View Post
    Hey Nikki,

You look outstanding. Didn't I mention you would love wearing a maxi in one of the PMs I sent? Your makeup is just enough to show you are wearing something but not so much to suggest you are wearing something. Top Job.

Cassidy
    Thank you so much Cassidy!...you were so right about the maxi dress, very pretty, very comfortable - interesting thing about a more natural look. I'm still wearing makeup but doing so in a more casual way. Still using foundation (powder foundation), neutral matte lipstick, warm earth tone eye shadow and grey (as opposed to black) eyeliner and mascara - not wearing false eyelashes which has always been a staple of mine. And ditched the contouring for this look.
    Wearing my fuschia bodycon dress:
    http://imgur.com/6WkdAts
    For the first time, outdoors during the day:
    http://i.imgur.com/RmjIxbY.jpg

Nikki,
    In either shot you look acceptable.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

you look fantastic and have a natural beauty

You look very nice natural beauty

You look amazing Nikki with or without make up
    WARNING:Any institutions or individuals using this site or any of its associated sites for studies , projects or any other reasons You DO NOT have permission to use any of my profile or pictures in any form or forum posts both current and future. If you have or do, it will be considered a violation of my privacy and will be subject to legal action.

Oh Nikki, I am so jealous! I am going to try that, in my long, blue evening gown! Oh, maybe I will be quite attractive in it!
    Nikki, I think being attractive is the epitome of my dressing, and I so want to please admirers, so much! I dream of sweet compliments, and touches, that will make me blush!
    Your Roxanne
    As Sweet As I Can Ever Be

You have a lovely look, whether made up or not.

Sometimes less is more.

Michelle

Nikki,
    You look lovely, all I see is one very attractive woman

What do the GGs in your age wear? In some areas kitten heels are popular.

I think we worry too much about height. Men tend to focus on height because taller men tend to be the ones in charge. Let it go.

But, women in charge are typically distinguished by what they wear. The boss will dress a little more elegantly than those who work underneath her. And, what sticks out to women are errors in dressing. Choosing clothes that are inappropriate for the situation. Evening wear isn't the same as what they wear to work. I heard of a fashion store manager who got a warning because she wasn't wearing heels to work.

Perhaps the biggest step to take is to learning to trust the opinion of GGs. Some guys just can't do that.
    Last edited by Maid_Marion; 09-04-2018 at 07:38 AM.

I do feel lovely and not overly made up! Thanks Kandi!

Quote Originally Posted by RADER View Post
    You look great. Very attractive. I like your hair, it does you well.
    Rader
    I do feel more natural as a brunette than when I'm ashe or platinum blonde

appreciate the compliment!

Now, that I look more natural I'm trying to think up venues to go out en femme...nervous just thinking about it

I'm going to have to put my natural look to the test and go out to a proper venue wearing little makeup and my maxi dress...just need to get sandals and a large handbag that would tie in nicely with my blue maxi

I'm going to go out in day time and try out my new look...I've never been anywhere in the day dressed up

Banned Read only
    Nikki,
    I may have suggeted it before but do you have a local social group ? That is a good way of testing the water , my first time out was with a social group but held in a small hotel so I had the safety in numbers factor but got to mix with the public .

I must admit I did jump in at the deep end , my first time out after I moved was to do all my jobs I would have normally done in drab but do them all dressed . So I took in a DIY store, a supermarket , fuel fill up , a trip to an Auto centre and to make an appointment at my local GP surgery . By the time I arrived home I felt like I was on cloud nine ! All those fears of what could happen had evaporated away , now within that short time ( about six months) I now refuse to do any jobs around town in drab , most people now only know me as Teresa . I have pushed that limit by returning to my old home town , or as I called it in a thread , " Enemy territory !" That worked out far better than I expected , I met my art group , and took in a film in the local cinema , to walk down my local High Street and pass people who I knew without being recognised did feel very good .

OK I admit there is the line between saying , " Hell I can do this ! " and asking yourself , " Why the hell did I do it ?" but to not do it means there has to be a next time so why chicken out the first time ?

Quote Originally Posted by Jaylyn View Post
    Nikki I think you are a natural for sure. You are right about blending with the way you look in these two pictures. I see many GGs and my wife that just dab on a very little lipstick and very small amount of eye makeup and are out in the public all the time. I would venture to say also that many never even use any makeup and no one says they are are not GGs. I believe many over do the makeup. I do because I love getting heavily made up and playing around the house. It's because I'm not out and probably will be. I love the heavy makeup and crazy short skirts and if I went out I would be laughed at and ran out of the county, or arrested for looking like a lady of the night ( hooker).
    You look great natural.
    Jayln...oh I know what u mean about enjoying heavy makeup...I'm sooo into makeup...I'm excited about my "less is more" more natural look. My wife rarely wears makeup and she's beautiful without it...but, I wish she'd apply at least a little bit b/c it would play up her attractive features even more. Moderation evidently is key to blending

Alwayshave...now that I have a daytime look I need to get out and about during the day...I've only been in public (and not truly in public since it was LGBGT friendly clubs) late at night

Nikki, you do look great in your glammed up photos, but I much prefer this more natural look. Very nice. Very nice indeed!

Quote Originally Posted by Diane Smith View Post
    I have also been trying out a more minimalist approach to makeup lately and find that it aids my self confidence.

I do have one suggestion based on your photos, though. In the second picture, I believe I can see a little bit of shine/oiliness on the left side of your nose. If we ever saw this in the TV studios (that's "television," no pun intended) where I have worked, somebody would immediately add a dab of translucent powder to cut the reflections. This is a very subtle step that improves your look regardless of gender.

- Diane
    Hi Diane, I'm guessing, you've had the same experience as I about how difficult it is to tone down our makeup routine. I am so use to wearing a lot of makeup - a change is difficult. But, like you my confidence has improved by going with a more subdued approach. I'm still wearing makeup. Just wearing it differently and less of it. I see what you mean about the reflection. I'm guessing it's my oily skin. I'll remember to put a little extra powder on my nose! Thanks!

Becky, it may be a bit early to tell if this is the "real" Nikki Windsor...lol...To follow on with your "great outdoors is calling me" metaphor, inside myself, I'm still roaring GLAM, GLAM, GLAM. I've had to put a leash on my inner "glam" tiger or more truthfully, place inner "glam" tiger in a cage to pull off this more subtle and natural appearance. I'm definitely becoming more comfortable with my new casual look. We'll see if it sticks long enough for me to explore the outback as a boring, blending in the background, Koala bear as opposed to a "here I am pay attention to me" tiger! Nikki p.s. if this more natural routine prevails, I'll be buying my makeup in pint size cartons and no longer tubs!

Tracii, I appreciate what you mean by a too "chiseled" look...I guess I was pretending to be a Kardashian inspired makeup fiend. Sweet of you to say I have a nice soft aire expressed in my most recent pics. I do feel calmer inside with a more natural look. When I wear a lot of makeup I feel more stressed and nervous even though it's far calmer than the unsettled feelings I have while in "boy mode." I may be entering the phase that you realized several years ago that less is way more when it comes to makeup. I can imagine it's so helpful to have GG friends providing constructive feedback to help get us on the right path. Nikki

Hi Crissy,

i feel like going from wearing body hugging bodycon dresses to sporting a flowing maxi dress sets me on path to putting on an onion sack next. Love your compliments! Nikki

You look perfectly natural and happy. It isn't necessary to go the whole nine yards all the time. Women don't always do the entire makeup job. You look FINE.
    https://www.flickr.com/photos/lovethatdress/

Quote Originally Posted by Frannie7 View Post
    Nikki: I think that is a very nice, natural look on you. Maybe as Teresa suggested you could experiment with shorter hair and/or lighter colour. It's still a great look.
    Frannie,

Since i'm trying to blend in, I'll likely refrain from shorter/lighter hair which actually brings more attention to myself - I'm trying to blend in here girlfriend! Here's a pic of me with shorter/lighter blonde hair and strong makeup. I guess I could try the same hairstyle/color with less makeup. But, simply being a blonde definitely draws attention. I think that most of the time I'll leave it to our current blondes (Becky, Teresa, others) to grab the attention associated with being a blonde. I feel that brunette and longer hair suits my more natural look as it works so well for the beauty you present in your avatar.

Nikki

Beverly, I'll take "acceptable" as a compliment since, IMO, it aligns with a more natural look, harmonized to going out in public places during the daytime. Judging by all the great feedback I've received from my forum GFs, my glamorous look was completely "unacceptable" unless attending to late night clubbing! Nikki
    Attached Images Attached Images

Banned Read only
    Nikki,
    Believe me you are worrying far too much , once you've manged a few trips out you'll wonder what all the fuss is about .

The blond wig is really very good , if you try taking the longer ends away from your chin and put a touch of bounce in the sides the face shape will become more rounded . Also the eyes are very good perhaps they want toning them down for everyday but maybe put a little more colour on you lips . May I ask if the picture was taken as a selfie on your phone ? If so it might be an idea to find someone to take your pics with a longer lens , it's not cheating but mobile phone cameras don't produce a natural picture , noses and chins dominate the picture and tend to look larger .
    Last edited by Teresa; 09-06-2018 at 12:10 PM.

I say you look very Beautiful I Like makeup but sometimes I think Women look best with minimal amounts.

I was truly stunned

Nikki,

As my header says, I was shocked and stunned that you have never been out! From all the pics I'd ever seen of you I'd made the assumption that you are a regular "goer outer". It never occurred to me that you had yet to venture out.

All I can say is you've left it far too long.

I fully understand the nervousness in taking those first steps from my own experiences. Scary doesn't do it justice. That said I'm so glad I made that leap for without it I'd have forsaken so many lovely experiences.

Even if you have to drive over 100 miles, as I did, to attend your first social/support group, do it. Meeting like minded others helps enormously. It was after talking to a CD'er who, and I don't want to be cruel here, wouldn't pass, nay even blend well, who went out regularly, gave me the confidence to go out shopping the following day.

It's a hot topic on the forum, passing Vs blending and it'd come as no surprise that I'm on the side of blending. You have it in your gift to merge into the crowd. Dressing up to the nines is something we all enjoy, looking like the bees knees. That however is something GG's do on rare occasions so it's something we should emulate. Your dress down pics look just fine. Yep it's counter intuitive but having said that it's also true that enough is as good as a feast and that applies to makeup as well as clothing.

I don't pass but I believe I dress in such a way as I can move through a busy shopping mall in relative anonymity. Sure a few will read me but I've learned to not react, to stay calm and carry on.

You need to decide to do this in your own time and pace but please be assured that you have it within your power to experience that which so many of us have. The joy, elation and satisfaction of being you, out in muggle land.

I wish you all speed.
    Who dares wears Get in, get out without being noticed

Natural indeed
    Cross-dressing is a cross between woman's soul and man's heart.....

Quote Originally Posted by chelyann View Post
    you look fantastic and have a natural beauty
    Thank you for being so kind!

Quote Originally Posted by Cassiek View Post
    You look very nice natural beauty
    So happy to receive your compliment!

Quote Originally Posted by cindy777 View Post
    You look amazing Nikki with or without make up
    As always...thank you Cindy!

Quote Originally Posted by Roxanne Lanyon View Post
    Oh Nikki, I am so jealous! I am going to try that, in my long, blue evening gown! Oh, maybe I will be quite attractive in it!
    Nikki, I think being attractive is the epitome of my dressing, and I so want to please admirers, so much! I dream of sweet compliments, and touches, that will make me blush!
    Your Roxanne
    I'm just like you and so many others who literally dream of receiving wonderful compliments and blushing in return!

Quote Originally Posted by biancabellelover View Post
    You have a lovely look, whether made up or not.

Sometimes less is more.

Michelle
    It is trying to be in harmony with the setting and event...I was so fixated on dressing to the 9's regardless. I've only been to clubs a few times and always when it's halloween...haven't had the courage to go out "for real"...hope to change that once I become more comfortable with this natural style.

Quote Originally Posted by Rosemary+ View Post
    Nikki,
    You look lovely, all I see is one very attractive woman
    Thank you Rosemary...I'm not going to truly feel attractive until I'm successful in blending in with people in the real world...not late night clubbing at LGBT friendly places during the halloween holiday

Quote Originally Posted by Maid_Marion View Post
    What do the GGs in your age wear? In some areas kitten heels are popular.

I think we worry too much about height. Men tend to focus on height because taller men tend to be the ones in charge. Let it go.

But, women in charge are typically distinguished by what they wear. The boss will dress a little more elegantly than those who work underneath her. And, what sticks out to women are errors in dressing. Choosing clothes that are inappropriate for the situation. Evening wear isn't the same as what they wear to work. I heard of a fashion store manager who got a warning because she wasn't wearing heels to work.

Perhaps the biggest step to take is to learning to trust the opinion of GGs. Some guys just can't do that.
    Cis-women my age wear kitten heels and wedges...I'm looking for a pretty pair of sandals without a heel...I've had the opportunity to get some feedback from GGs...they told me to get rid of my hip pads, that they weren't needed...one of these days I hope my wife will look at my pics or see me dressed and provide some honest feedback to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Teresa View Post
    Nikki,
    I may have suggeted it before but do you have a local social group ? That is a good way of testing the water , my first time out was with a social group but held in a small hotel so I had the safety in numbers factor but got to mix with the public .

I must admit I did jump in at the deep end , my first time out after I moved was to do all my jobs I would have normally done in drab but do them all dressed . So I took in a DIY store, a supermarket , fuel fill up , a trip to an Auto centre and to make an appointment at my local GP surgery . By the time I arrived home I felt like I was on cloud nine ! All those fears of what could happen had evaporated away , now within that short time ( about six months) I now refuse to do any jobs around town in drab , most people now only know me as Teresa . I have pushed that limit by returning to my old home town , or as I called it in a thread , " Enemy territory !" That worked out far better than I expected , I met my art group , and took in a film in the local cinema , to walk down my local High Street and pass people who I knew without being recognised did feel very good .

OK I admit there is the line between saying , " Hell I can do this ! " and asking yourself , " Why the hell did I do it ?" but to not do it means there has to be a next time so why chicken out the first time ?
    Teresa,

There's a social group about 1.5 hours away...I'll have to give some thought to visiting them. I've ordered and received a few new maxi dresses...and most are very beautiful. If I get more comfortable wearing them along with my more natural look I may get the courage to go and about in a nearby city. Nikki

Quote Originally Posted by DonnaP View Post
    I say you look very Beautiful I Like makeup but sometimes I think Women look best with minimal amounts.

So nice to receive your complement...hope to post more natural looking pics for feedback, assuring I'm still on the right track

Nikki, I don't see any 'sacrifice', just a beautiful girl.

Makeup does not the girl make-
    [Shakespeare? lol well it's true anyway- you are you, au naturel is natural]
    We are all beautiful...!

I think you look great. Can we see the whole dress?