Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: So glad I broke the ice early !

Banned Read only

So glad I broke the ice early !

I had to to catch up on my general shopping yesterday so dressed and went into town , again it was just get on with it without any problems I always leave my supermarket shop till last because of the frozen items . I arrived back home and made several trips to and from the car . Before my meal I decided to water my flower urns and do a little dead heading especially the geraniums . I was busy working in my front garden in a skirt and Tshirt when my neighbour on my left hand side called to me , I smiled and stepped over into her garden . She said , " I hope you don't mind but could my little granddaughter say hello to Lucy your Labrador ?" With that a little 6 year old appeared with her mother . My dog is ten now and a little shy but she soon took to the little girl and I had a long chat with both mother and daughter . The couple from across the road noticed us chatting although they are OK with me they've never chatted to me dressed , so I'm not sure what they made of it .

I'm so glad now I grasped the nettle and broke the ice early with them all , it was so nice being so comfortable and so well accepted even the six year old .

That is a lovely story, Teresa. I need to keep this in mind during my upcoming move.

Sami
    My new blog: The Crossdresser Report
    https://crossdresserreport.com/

Awesome!
    Six year olds I think adjust easily enough but if the parents didn't teach them then often... not so much...so ...kudos to the parents!

I accept myself as is Gillian Gigs's Avatar
    It's good to hear that walls and barriers are coming down. The more natural and at ease you are, the more comfortable they will feel around you. You may be more normal than some of your neighbours, and once people know that the easier it will get. I'm happy for you.
    I like myself, regardless of the packaging that I may come in! It's what is on the inside of the package that counts!

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    I agree, it sounds lovely. I can't imagine that kind of acceptance from my neighbors.

But, then again, I'm not lucky u!
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

Banned Read only
    Sherry,
    It's possibly the last chance at my age so I'm determined to make it work , hiding behind closed doors and peering rounds curtains had to finally go , I'm separated to sort a new life and this is a part of it .

Teresa,

What a lovely story. Er, I hate to point this out but it serms your dog holds greater importance in a little girls life than you do! LOL It just goes to show that perhaps we read the worst into such possible encounters when in truth they so often turn out so very well.

There's a post in the media section about drag queens reading to children in local libraries. It seems that while the haters do come out from under their rocks, the events are widely and well attended, perhaps a measure of just how accepting many are and keen to make sure their children grow up the same.

Having had the odd encounter with young kids while enfemme, can I askdid you get any sense that the young girl was in any way phased or puzzled by seeing you, albeit briefly?

Teresa, it is obvious you are likeable and non-threatening so it is not a surprise the neighbours stop to talk to you and include the children (and dog).
    Keep it up.

Platinum Member
    Hi Teresa , That was a wonderful story, Keep the icepick handy as you will probably
    e breaking a lot of ice in your new life now. >Orchid ..++..
    Having my ears triple pierced is AWESOME, ~~......

I can explain it to you, But I can't comprehend it for you !

If at first you don't succeed, Then Skydiving isn't for you.

Be careful what you wish for, Once you ring a bell , you just can't Un-Ring it !! !!

Banned Read only
    Helen,
    That's what struck me and possibly gave me a reality check , she wasn't phased or puzzled in the slightest , I wonder what was said before or after the meeting ? No matter it was lovely just to experience such openness .

I have included a couple of pics of the front garden if anyone is interested . As you can see there's quite a lot of pink , so what colour does the local T choose ? Also it may be a little more obvious why I had to tell the neighbours straight away , the frontage is very elevated so stepping out my front door is like stepping out on a stage it drops down another level to the driveway .
    Last edited by Teresa; 09-05-2018 at 05:10 AM.

Teresa, That is a wonderful story and it is very nice you have good neighbors. I love all of your flowers and like the pink also.
    PS: I too have a dog named Lucy!
    Crissy

Teressa, Lovely story. I'm glad that your neighbor is accepting enough to bring her granddaughter over. BTW, I have a cockapoo named Lucy. Your garden is beautiful.
    Please call me Jamie, I always_have crossdressed, I always will, "alwayshave".

Just do it already! DaisyLawrence's Avatar
    I've always said that if you want to break the ice with someone new then all you need is a friendly dog (or a cute toddler works well also)

You have a lovely front to your house and you must have a green thumb. I love the plants and way your house is shaped at least in the front. You are also a good ambassador for the CD and applaude you for that. The six year old and the lab are a drawing card for the rest of the neighbors to know that you are just a human no matter what you are wearing. The nice and kind neighbor is always accepted and usually preferred over a loud and boisterous one. I've had both until we moved out of town and our nearest neighbor is over 1/4 mile away. Keep breaking the ice for us all. Thank you.

So glad your new location is working out with your new life. You did right by breaking the ice early, I just came out-BAM- here I am for all the neighbors to see after many years of hiding from them and just now some are coming around to speaking to me and some are just indifferent to me and yes I have a hater also. It seems gardens attract people to come and talk but mine is no way as beautiful as yours but I'm starting to let my femme tastes take over and add a lot more color and soften the edges. Funny how small children are attracted to us and yet they are so non-judgemental, if only if they would stay that way, maybe we are setting examples of how the world is so varied.
    "you are a strange species and there are many out there;shall I tell you what I find beautiful about you ,you are at your best when things are at their worst" ...[ Starman]
    It may of course be a bit disturbing to sense that one is really not so firmly anchored to the gender one was born into.

Teresa

Happy for you and enjoy your happy time.
    Wanting something is a fantasy which on a long time period clouds your mind and makes you think you need it.

Rayleen

You are pretty awesome out there! And that garden stage is beautiful!

Daisy, many a time a cute toddler can turn into a troublesome teenager, but a friendly dog usually remains that way lol!
    Carole

WARNING:Any institutions or individuals using this site or any of its associated sites for studies , projects or any other reasons You DO NOT have permission to use any of my profile or pictures in any form or forum posts both current and future. If you have or do, it will be considered a violation of my privacy and will be subject to legal action.

Banned Read only
    I'm not sure how others feel but maybe a garden does relfect something of the person , I've always had an interest even as a child when I would help and hinder my dear old grandfather . During the late fifties and sixties a garden was all many people had to unwind with after a full days work, everyone spoke to each other and shared plants and seedlings . I guess it just rubbed off on me , I don't know if I'm naturally green fingered but do enjoy planning and planting , putting the right combination together in colour or form and then giving them the time to care for them .

Gardens do attract interest from many people and just like owning a dog they will stop and talk to you , possibly because if a garden is well cared for then the owner could be a caring person , the real bonus is men and women can enjoy the same pleasure .

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    I agree it was best to break the ice early and let them acclimate to you in time.
    No need to be anyone but yourself.

Impressive garden for sure !

Silver Member
    You have every fight to be proud of yourself. It's wonderful that you feel comfortable being dressed in front of your neighbors, and they evidently see your dressing as Not A Big Deal. As it should be, don't you think?

I don't think it has anything to do with gardens or dogs or anything else. Those might be conversation starters, but nothing more. Its mainly all about how you radiate an aura of confidence and being comfortable with yourself. It tells others they are dealing with a happy, friendly, stable human being. Long may it continue.
    Last edited by suzanne; 09-05-2018 at 03:50 PM.

mini kilted chick t-girlxsophie's Avatar
    Perhaps the neighbours that saw this exchange may see how comfortable the little girl was with you,and may be a bit more open to you when your dressed

Sophie
    We look to Scotland,for all our Ideas of Civilisation-Voltaire

========================================

A woman who loves to wear beautiful clothes is like a flower.
    A man who loves to emulate these women is a special flower-a rose
    Facebook:Sophie Johnson

Platinum Member
    lovely landscaping, Teresa!
    Remember always that you not only have the right to be an individual, you have an obligation to be one.

Eleanor Roosevelt

Kudos to Lucy too! What does “dead heading” mean. xxRS

Teresa,

I wish you a rosy future with all the effort you are putting in.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.