Thread: Out in SF for two nights

Out in SF for two nights

Hello,
    I recently had to travel for work in SF and spent two nights out.

Day 1, Tuesday. I have been experimenting with higher end makeup and I stopped at Kryolan after work and picked up a couple of contouring sticks at the store on 9th and Mission. I walked over to Nordstrom Rack on Market and 5th. I found a pair of Jessica Simpson pumps in my size (13) and bought them right there. I was staying at the Hotel Carlton on Sutter and Larkin and went there to get ready for the evening. I changed into a black leather mini, floral top, and black leather ankle boots. After setting off I was not that happy with my outfit. The top showed shoulders and cleavage (fake) and was fine for inside the club, but I did not like it for walking around the public. I wore a black cardigan sweater, but the buttons kept coming undone. I pressed on anyway. I stopped first at Divas, a transgender bar. This was the first place I ever went out dressed. I have become friends with Alexis, who manages the place. I had a drink with Alexis, and headed on. The next stop was down the street to the Saratoga. This is a really nice bar with "crafted" drinks and a large selection of bourbon and rye whisky. I ordered a Rittenhouse neat. The bar manager was on her way out after her shift and saw me. She stopped, bought me a drink and we talked for a bit. Next, I went to Bar Fluxus. They are located near the Lion's Gate of Chinatown. Tuesday night is Salsa night at Bar Fluxus. I spoke with the bartender a bit; I had not been there for a while because I injured myself in one of my athletic activities, and she bought me a drink. A guy asked me to dance. At first when I got asked to dance I would decline. Perhaps the guy did not know who he was asking and what he was getting into. Lately I have been dancing. At the start I found it neat to be dancing the follower part of the dance. After the dance, we talked, usual stuff, work, the city, life. What was interesting to me as that the fact that I was in a leather mini and heeled boots really had nothing to do with anything. Finally, I left ant went to Aunt Charlies. This is mostly a sleepy neighborhood, gay, dive bar. But, on Tuesday it is Drag Show night and there is a big crowd of hipsters. The drinks are huge. I ordered a Maker's Mark, sipped on 1/4 of it, and headed home.

Day 2. Wednesday. This day I wore a red Bebe bodycon dress, nude heels, and a red Kate Spade Bag. I was worried that this was too "brilliant" an outfit, but it seemed to work well. I left my hotel and wanted to go to the Saratoga again, but the bar was full; nowhere to sit. I took a Lyft to the Armory Club. This is located on Mission and 13th. I had a Rittenhouse there. I ran into a friend there. After my drink I took another Lyft to the Cat Club on Folsom and 8th. Wednesday at the Cat Club is Bondage a Go Go night. As you can read, the theme is bondage. I am not into this scene, but this night brings a very diverse crowd, and everyone is really nice. I ended up talking to a guy who had served in the Navy and State Department, had an interesting career, and had many parallels with me. He bought me a drink, this is a record, three drinks bought for me. After a lot of dancing and industrial music I headed back to my hotel.

I can't wait for my next visit.

Aspiring Member
    SF is great place to visit. My place that i loved to go to is Diva's. I was thrilled to wear my stilettos and skinny jeans there. If I lived out there, I would be going there every night. Never did make it to Cat Club. My business reasons for traveling to SF are all done...nice to have the company pay for my trips. Glad to hear you had a good time!

Wow ! Sounds like a great trip you had. Girl on the move. Maybe next time you can tell your boss your clients need some extra attention and you need to stay longer.

Once you get into conversation in the various themed bars you do meet interesting people.

I rode across LA once as I was having an interesting conversation talking to some young servicemen going to Iraq.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

I was just in San Francisco as well Sunday through Tuesday. My wife and I went to Diva's for Karaoke on Sunday night and went to a burlesque show on Monday night. Sounds lime you had a great time. Cheers.
    Life is too short to be boring...Alexandra