Thread: Blood press. Down. Was it due to dressing?

Blood press. Down. Was it due to dressing?

Over the labor day week end I was able to dress completely, make up, wig everything. Anyway, today I had a Dr. Appt. When my blood pressure was taken, the nurse told me it was real good. 115 over 74. Now I cannot ever remember at anytime that my pressure ever dropping below 128. I wonder if dressing may have something to do with it?

Yes, anything that reduces stress will help your blood pressure.

I've had my blood pressure measured at the dentist's office and it is always high. It is much better when I'm at the doctor's office.

Dressing makes you happy and most likely a calmer person so therefore that can only help your BP.
    Crissy

Gold Member
    I agree;
    I have been able to stay dressed for the last 5 days a home.
    And my Blood Sugars down 25%
    I bet my A-1C will be down also. I go for a Blood test next week.
    I wish I could stay in my skirt for the next 2 weeks. But Duty calls,
    I will have to be DAB for 4 days...UGG.
    Rader

I found out years ago that my dressing was therapeutic and a positive for my health. It is not imaginary, I have used it on many occasions to reduce my BP and mental stress.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Fran
    It's worth something just being around to Fuss!

It has everything to do with it. My BP ran at 140 over 90 (and higher) on meds for 10 years before gender transition. The day I started hormone therapy my BP crashed all the way to 85 over 65 and I had to discontinue my BP meds.

These days it runs 110 over 70.

My cholesterol is also a lot lower. Transitioning resolved a host of allergies, inflammatory and autoimmune disorders.

So...yeah.
    Carries a spray bottle of "pink fog" around with her in her purse at all times.

I’m glad it worked for you girls, but it doesn’t work for me. My BP wasn’t affected by my dressing, and I need meds to keep it in the normal range. Considering both my parents have high blood pressure, it’s not too surprising.

Michelle

Banned Read only
    Lynnstar,
    I have the problem where I'm sometimes border line on donating blood , my pressure is usually fine but I'm on the lower end of the male level , I often wonder if something else is going on and should donate as a female where the test is lower .

Please take care with accepting the pressure reading , I volunteered to do a platelette donation and the session nurse used a battery monitor, she took a reading from my left arm which was off the scale so she checked my right arm and got a totally different reading , she then checked two other devices and obtained different reading with all of them . Eventually she resorted to the manual system and found evrything was Ok to proceed , I'm told by many in the medical profession that most prefer the old system .

I know in the moment of dressing my BP is probably down as I feel so calm. However, its just in the moment, not sure its the same the next day.
    Please call me Jamie, I always_have crossdressed, I always will, "alwayshave".

You would think that the need to dress would drive bp up but once you submit to the need to dress bp would go down

I can guarantee that when I'm dressed by myself that my BP goes down and the stress goes flying out the door. Used to be before my wife turned her thinking around about my dressing that my vital signs stayed low but me that I've gone back to dressing and not telling it's only lowered about nice a week. Feeling comfortable, relaxed and no stress ( besides staying in decent shape and eating right is the secret to a long life) I hope. Good job on the blood pressure Lynn.

Dressing has little or no influence on my blood pressure. The thing that brought my BP down was losing weight. When I started getting readings in the 190/115 range while on medication, I figured I needed to take action or die. I've lost 45lbs so far. My BP now averages 130/65, it was never any lower than that, and I've gone off my meds (in more ways than one). I can still lose another 10-15lbs. Also my resting heart rate has dropped from 90+ to 51 according to my Fitbit. The other good news is that I can actually fit into my girl clothes again.

Well your heart knows when it is happy, therefore your BP could become low. So, Be Happy

Maybe, I would look further though.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

Banned Read only
    Less stress should equal lower blood pressure. There are too many variables to determine blood pressure with one reading. I use a blood pressure monitor at home and will get a wide range of readings during the day. My BP tends to be higher in the morning due to the normal rhythm of the body. Pain affects BP. Stress/anxiety affects BP. Your BP should drop if you're under less stress if cross dressing mellows you. However, if you're scared to death by going out fully attired and definitely not passable I'd guess the BP will go up. Chill!

The only way I can see blood sugar A1c readings lowering is to eat a healthy diet by avoiding sugars and starches. Perhaps, less stress leads to eating less crap. A1c readings covers a two to three month period of eating. You can fool the doctor's fasting tests because the reading covers an instant in time, but, the A1c covers a longer period of time. And, since everyone wants to squeeze into a smaller dress size you can only get there by being a good girl with the munchies.

Yes ...I thing it does ...because you are doing the thing you enjoy which allows your blood to be in harmony with your state of mind ....
    Cross-dressing is a cross between woman's soul and man's heart.....