Thread: girls get more attention LOL

Aspiring Member sarah_hillcrest's Avatar

girls get more attention LOL

I've got dozens of accounts across the Internet and except for this one and one other they are all the male me. It just never occurred to me to make fake accounts online despite how easy it is. I think it speaks to the fact that I feel like my feminine persona is not fake. Anyway, with my wife's encouragement I made a stealth female account on instagram a few months ago which other than here was the first time I'd made an account that was femme.

I recently started shopping for a tabletPC for art. My ancient Motion Computing LE1700 died the other day and I've been shopping for replacement. Years ago I made an account on a tabletPC forum and asked some questions. The couple of responses I got were short and not that helpful. I wanted to ask some opinions about a device and it occurred to me to make a new account as a female and make sure my question sounded like it was written by a girl. Not ditsy or anything, just more flowery language.

The results were surprising, I received 4 times more responses and they were far more friendly and helpful.

I think its because most girls are not into computers, cars, and other stuff that men are mostly into. So when girls ask for help, maybe people assume they don't know as much as guys do, and so there are more people willing to help. I've often visualized myself as a pretty woman going into a car repair shop to get some help from some very obliging men. Myself I need all the help I can get when it comes to cars, I can't even do an oil change lol.

I wonder what may happen on my fake instagram account if I start adding CD elusive pictures. Can a passerby see the account is registered as male, then see it is linked to another fake name on facebook registered as female ?

Sarah,

They all want to meet you. :-)

I think it is the male patronising thing when a woman looks for advice, all the men flock in and give advice.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

Aspiring Member
    Sarah, welcome to the world of mansplaining