Thread: Have you ever had a Woman ask you to put on a Dress so she could Alter it

Have you ever had a Woman ask you to put on a Dress so she could Alter it

Growing up there were so many movies and cartoons that included scenes where men and boys ended up having to put on a dress so it could be altered. When I was young almost every women could sew and would get dresses from friends and relatives that needed at least the hem adjusted. It never happened to me but I sure would gladly have done it with some fake resistance.

Blondie-parody.jpg

I would have loved to do that.
    Crissy

No but if I did, I'd probably want to wear the dress, depending on whether or not I liked it. Either way, after wearing the dress so she could alter it, it'd most likely put me in the mood to crossdress.

Banned Read only
    I think you're going to get many 'yeses' to your query. My mother did a lot of her own sewing. She was tall for a woman, five foot seven. She asked me many times to help her, but, it was for me to mark the dress to be hemmed with powdered chalk to get a straight hem. Although at the time I was drawn to her nylon full slips I never had the desire to wear a dress. That came later after I entered puberty.

Yes my mother did a lot of sewing for others in the family and she asked me to put on the dresses so she could hem them. I loved doing it but I always pretended that I hated it. I now wish I had let her know how much I loved to try the dresses on.

My mother was quite the seamstress and many woman would ask her for alterations to their garments and even though she had a dress form to use she would ask me to help her out, I could never say no to mom when asked for a favor and I was more the size of a female than male back then so I spent some time in woman's clothes and some time even in heels to get the right fitting. I never feigned embarrassment or annoyance just indifference and I even would ask questions about the process she was using sometimes with a smile and when asked to walk or spin I would try very hard to do it as a girl of course under the guise of helping her. Thanks for this thread it brought back many happy memories.
    "you are a strange species and there are many out there;shall I tell you what I find beautiful about you ,you are at your best when things are at their worst" ...[ Starman]
    It may of course be a bit disturbing to sense that one is really not so firmly anchored to the gender one was born into.

My mother use to sew a lot. I remember a few occasions when I was around 10 or 11 she had me put on dresses so that she could pin the hem. I kind of protested and grumbled because that’s what I thought was expected of me. In reality I really didn’t mind trying on the dresses.
    CD Life

Ho YES! Several times! I had to pretend I did not like it--but in reality I enjoyed it. I was about 13. She helped her friends with sewing.

My mother was not a great seamstress, but she was a prolific knitter and I was often asked to test out cardigans she was knitting for various girl cousins.
    But my first wife did a lot of sewing and I frequently stood in dresses or skirts for alterations or setting the hem line.

Aspiring Member
    My mother trained as a seamstress, but she never owned a dressmaker's mannequin, so I was often called in to do that job. It happened quite regularly when she was making a dress for my sister's birthday, and didn't want my sister to know about it.
    After the event, when my sister was wearing the dress, I was always secretly smug that I had worn it before she did.

By the way, since many of our mothers had learned sewing at school, this topic may be a reminder to offer sewing classes to our daughters and sons, so they can choose a dressmaker career if they like fashion design.

Back in the late 60's my mother did sewing and alterations. I was around 13 and she would use me as the dress dummy for things in my size.

At first I wasn't too keen on it, but finally gave in and went with the flow. To the point I was wearing panty girdle, bra, nylons, slip and heels for the fittings.

But once my mother realized I was showing too much interest in keeping the lingerie on after the fittings, I was replaced with a dress form from a second hand store. However, my desires to dress never left and I continued whenever I was alone long enough and had the chance.

I was often used as a dressmakers dummy.

Why?

Because that is what I was. :-)
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

Did it often for my mother making dresses for my sisters..........

Yes, I did have to be the dress mannequin for my mom's sewing sessions from time to time, but I always did resist while secretly enjoying it.

Clearly Dagwood secretly enjoyed wearing Blondies's prett dressesDagwood 1.jpg

Dagwood 2.jpg

Dagwood 3.jpg