Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Should of been a girl

Silver Member

Should of been a girl

There are so many truly beautiful ladies on this forum who have very feminine facial features that I simply have to ask (you have those same facial features as a man): have you ever been told that you should have been a girl or would nice/pretty as a girl?

It happened to me many times when I was young.

Banned Read only
    By my Dad's step family and back in school. They said I looked better dressed as a girl or a full transition. I hated to be compared as female when I was younger, due to how I was raised on how females were the inferior sex, but at that sametime, I was struggling with GID.
    Last edited by Lygophilia; 09-08-2018 at 12:49 PM.

When I was much, much, much younger I had a "baby" face; very smooth, non hairy, tight skin and naturally long lashes. I was called a pretty boy on more occasions than I liked, and on rare occasions had girls ask to "dress me up", maybe my long hair didn't help. Than life played a cruel joke and surged my hormones and the manliness came rushing forward and all things changed.
    "you are a strange species and there are many out there;shall I tell you what I find beautiful about you ,you are at your best when things are at their worst" ...[ Starman]
    It may of course be a bit disturbing to sense that one is really not so firmly anchored to the gender one was born into.

Aspiring Member
    Yes, as a youth I was often told that I should have been a girl. However it wasn't because of my good looks, but just because I was so sickly skinny. I looked too frail to play sports with the boys. As a result I was more comfortable with the girl's activities.

There was one memorable moment when I was about 13 years old and helping my mom around the kitchen. She turned to me and said, "you should have been born a girl". I asked why she would say that, believing it was because I seemed to enjoy helping with the cooking. Instead she pointed out physical features, my eyes, my complexion, and my thin body. Then she went on talking about how I would look with long hair and a pretty dress. It seemed she was ready to give me a makeover to prove her point. I started protesting, asking her to stop it. She stopped. Later I wondered what would have happened if I encouraged her to give me a makeover. It would have changed my life.

California Dreamin Michaelasfun's Avatar
    My wife says I look better as a guy. I choose not to believe her lol
    Michaela

If you choose not to decide, you still have made a choice. - Rush

Stop that, it's silly.... DIANEF's Avatar
    A female work colleague once told me I 'would make a good girl' when in a quiet time of day we were discussing male and female grooming and clothes. I just said 'oh, I'll take that as a compliment' and said no more. (this was about four years ago)
    Here today, gone tomorrow....

If we should been a girl, we wouldn't be crossdressing I guess. I had a good figure younger, I would have love being a girl too but time changed everything.
    Last edited by Rayleen; 09-09-2018 at 06:07 AM.
    Wanting something is a fantasy which on a long time period clouds your mind and makes you think you need it.

Rayleen

Should HAVE been a girl. The words are not interchangeable.
    When haters hate, I celebrate!

Unbeknowst to me, my wife told my daughter that I probably should have been born a girl! She mentioned mannerisms as the reason! My daughter told me about it after my wife passed away! Hugs Lana Mae
    Life is worth living!
    "Foxy lady! You look so good!!" Jimi Hendrix

Aspiring Member
    When I was 16 a girl at my school told me that I would look good as a girl.
    I was a bit taken aback, but secretly flattered.
    Some time later she invited me to her house on a Saturday, and when I was there, she said the same thing again. Her parents were out and she had no siblings, so with the house to ourselves, she asked me if she could put make-up on me. After some time of me saying no, and her pleading with me, I "reluctantly" agreed to it.
    One thing led to another and I ended up made up, with me hair restyled (it was quite long in those days), and wearing some of her clothes.
    She did a pretty good job of the makeup and hair, and I have to say that she was right; I did look good as a girl.

Sometimes I wish I'd kept in touch. She might have made a great, supportive wife!

Silver Member
    My sisters used the line, you look like a girl repeatedly. My mother was asked if she was looking for a dress for her daughter (me). Had a girlfriend that told me I would be a very pretty girl. I did pass quite easy. Fine features, no beard, and less body hair than many of the girls. The only thing I didn't have was mile long legs. I was also short and slim.

No. But one girl I tried to date in college said I should be a gay man. I don’t know if that counts.

Peace and hugs, Carly
    Carries a spray bottle of "pink fog" around with her in her purse at all times.

Just do it already! DaisyLawrence's Avatar
    Back in the 70's when I was young and had the required long hair of the time, I was mistaken as my sisters younger sister a lot which was brilliant despite everyone elses determination to extort the situation for humour at my expense. A few blokes have called me a girl in the past but I wouldn't say they were intending to be kind (jokes on them). Unfortunately my facial features are not the most feminine but we are what we are so what the heck.

Quote Originally Posted by DIANEF View Post
    A female work colleague once told me I 'would make a good girl' when in a quiet time of day we were discussing male and female grooming and clothes. I just said 'oh, I'll take that as a compliment' and said no more. (this was about four years ago)
    Diane, I would have said (with a very serious face) 'Oh, do you really think so? Only I have always wanted to be a girl and was wondering if I should transition or not?'. Would have been great to see her face/reaction, especially if she thought you were serious. You could then have dimissed it as humour if needs be.

At very young ages, I apparently had beautiful blond hair and blue eyes, and mom kept my hair a bit long to help hide the hideous birthmark on my face. And yes, I was told many times that I would have made a lovely girl. Didn't affect me, though; the first time I ever considered that I wasn't a boy was when someone told me that I wasn't. All the comments about my hair did, was make my older sister angrier that I got the good hair, and she didn't.
    Some causes of crossdressing you've probably never even considered: My TG biography at:http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/...=1#post1490560
    There's an addendum at post # 82 on that thread, too. It's about a ten minute read.
    Why don't we understand our desire to dress, behave and feel like a girl? Because from childhood, boys are told that the worst possible thing we can be, is a sissy. This feeling is so ingrained into our psyche, that we will suppress any thoughts that connect us to being or wanting to be feminine, even to the point of creating separate personalities to assign those female feelings into.

Oh to be an English Rose Jane G's Avatar
    Na never looked that much like a girl, despite my best efforts. I was always too tall and too sporty. I still felt like a girl though.
    Last edited by Jane G; 09-09-2018 at 03:33 AM.

When I was young I was bullied and they taunted me saying, Crissy is a sissy. I remember at the time wishing I had been born a girl. Crissy

Aspiring Member
    I don't recall ever being told that I should have been a girl, but I was told that girls would love to have my curls (I had very, very curling hair)

Working at a fast food restaurant in my late teens, the owner told me I would make some woman a good wife. He was referring to my attention to cleaning the restaurant's dining area, not my appearance. I took the compliment in stride, but his wife was no pleased with him.

When I was about 12 I got into cooking and baking. Really loved doing it, but not as much as eating what I made. Later I took Home Economics in 8th grade and got the highest grade in the cooking and baking part; didn't do so well in sewing. But during this time my uncle (5 years younger than me - long story) told me I would make somebody a great wife. We laughed about that, but secretly I thought, "Wow, that would be nice." A complement that said so much more than he imagined.

Yes, many times. I was born with big eyes and have long eye lashes. Now my wife and a couple friends who have seen me dressed have said yeah, yo should have been a girl.
    Stephanie

Mostly it was implied, I noticed pretty early on that other guys weren’t getting complimented on how thin they were, what nice cheekbones they had, or how girls were jealous of their hair.

While growing up, relatives would constantly comment that I looked like my mom. It's true, I look very similar to her while my sister favors my dad's appearance...I'm very happy that although I was born cis-male, I at least have more feminine features.
    Wearing my fuschia bodycon dress:
    http://imgur.com/6WkdAts
    For the first time, outdoors during the day:
    http://i.imgur.com/RmjIxbY.jpg

Susanjane
    My wife says I look much better as a woman than a man, she enjoys me being a woman but sometimes like me to dress as a male. I think of myself as a woman, it's not what's down there but whats up there (in your brain). I wold say IU send about 3 hours dressed in drab and the rest of the time I am dressed in my female attire. Whilst both of were out together one evening a group of girls said have a great evening ladies, make my day.

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    Being the youngest of 4 boys my Mom always said I was supposed to have been a girl.
    If that was just her going by the odds I don't know but I don't think back in 1952 they had any way of knowing what the baby was going to be.
    It would be silly to think her saying that had anything to do with me being trans. Seems a bit far fetched.

I have always had long shapely legs like my mom. I also have long eye lashes for a guy. And i always struggled with my masculinity, and my dad never wanted sons . I was the last born, and he was disappointed i was one more son!! My dad was a leg lover, and i had long feminine type legs, and he watched them a lot... Was picke don as a boy, through high school,low self worth as a male. i think my life would have been far better if i had been a girl. Less isolation, and rejection, seldom being wanted by ladies as a man, other, than for hard work. Never wanted by women. As a girl, i would have been in demand, rather than in isolation and rejections, and forced to be competitive, as i was mostly passive all my life. Not much fun being an old bachelor who goes many years between dates. Gays hitting on me, too. I am not gay, but when dolled up, do desire to be a lady witha gentleman some.
    Last edited by Alice Torn; 09-11-2018 at 04:21 PM.

Stop that, it's silly.... DIANEF's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by DaisyLawrence View Post
    Diane, I would have said (with a very serious face) 'Oh, do you really think so? Only I have always wanted to be a girl and was wondering if I should transition or not?'. Would have been great to see her face/reaction, especially if she thought you were serious. You could then have dimissed it as humour if needs be.
    Maybe you're right Daisy! Another time someone (another female co worker) asked me if I had ever worn a dress. I said, jokingly, 'not as often as I'd like to' and I swear she gave me a 'you're not kidding are you' look.
    Here today, gone tomorrow....