Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Should of been a girl

Just do it already! DaisyLawrence's Avatar
    I know that look well Diane.

Yes, I was told that " You would make a nice girl"

My wife has said to me quite a few times that "why would you want to dress? it would be a scary sight!"
    "This is ME" I am not CRAZY, I'm just a GUY who likes dresses!
    Since allot of men dress up in woman's clothing that makes it a manly thing to do!
    Much more fun than fishing.
    I do construction like house building and I love CD-ing, what's the difference?

Quote Originally Posted by Michaelasfun View Post
    My wife says I look better as a guy. I choose not to believe her
    Lol, same here.

When I was very young (3 or 4) I had an adult cousin who, whenever she saw me would say, "You're so pretty, you should have been a girl!" and she'd plant a big red lipstick kiss on me. I was always embarrassed, but maybe enjoyed the praise and attention? When I was in my early teens, pre-pubescent, with long "Beatles" hair which was very unusual for the time an place, and people would occasionally mistake me for a girl, at least at a distance. A waitress once asked my parents if I was a boy or a girl. I had no cross-dressing urges at the time and I was mortified!

Luv doing girl stuff CherylFlint's Avatar
    I think most of us here would have been a girl if given a choice, but since we do the best we can, here we are.
    When I was a little kid the girls used to say I should've been "one of them", and this was between the ages of 5-10.
    I always wanted a doll house but played with little cars instead.

My mother said it often

Always been a GIRL. Michelle1955's Avatar
    I been a female in my head always, put on a friends panties at about 5 or 6 years old that was 56 years ago but features are male. Except that I basically a 40 A cup naturally. Guess I was born in a wrong time period.

I was told many times when I was a kid I would make a pretty girl. I had curly hair and Bambi eyelashes. I played with a neighbor girl the same age as me a lot and she would give me dresses to wear when we played with her dolls. Our moms knew and thought of it as "cute play".

I agree with Traci.. I too have "dressed" I hate that term.. since I cannot remember.. My family has always known they just choose to forget.. Kids do remember things.. I remember my mother and grandmother talking about how they both wished I was born female and how pretty I could have been:-/ I wish my family would have helped me more years ago..
    Best Wishes, Paula

Overheard my Mom and Aunts talking one day saying that I should have been a girl or that I would make a pretty girl. That was when I was 13-14 and had been wearing my Mom's things every time I was home alone. After that sometimes one of my Aunt's would just say in conversation that I would be a pretty girl, thankfully I was the only male in the room when that was said. My Mom probably knew I was wearing her things and had spoken to them about it. It never progressed further than the occasional comment, so I guess she was comfortable letting me have a girl side.

Quote Originally Posted by Judy-Somthing View Post
    My wife has said to me quite a few times that "why would you want to dress? it would be a scary sight!"
    Hmmm. She obviously has no idea. I think she'd say anything to dissuade you.

Not so sure I carry those characteristics today however as a preteen and even some into my teens many females commented that I should have been a girl. As I recall many of the comments revolved around my eye lashes.
    CD Life

I was always a 98lb weakling and popular with girls because I did not try to hit on them all the time, I was often told I would make a great girl and was dressed often to prove it.

I was on hormone therapy for a developmental problem and when I started to grow boobs the doctor stopped it.

I should have stayed with it and become the girl that everyone felt I was.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

When I was young enough to still be in a stroller or crib, I had relatively long blonde hair with natural 1” ringlets. Mom was always having to correct people who said “what a pretty girl!” In reference to me.

Looking back, that is probably a big reason why my dad always insisted on me keeping my hair cut short, even when most of the other boys my age in the 60’s and 70’s were wearing their hair long. He really was proud that he had a son. And looking at my grade school pictures, if I had worn long hair back then, I bet a lot of pepole would have said I looked feminine.

From about high school onward I was consciously repressing any femininity, and as soon as I got out of high school I grew a beard. After that, no such comments.

... Until in my 50’s I shaved the beard off and tried cross dressing! Then I quickly got complemented on what a pretty girl I was!

And now, most of my friends agree that even if I wasn’t planning on full transition, in my mind and heart I definitely am female.

When I was about seventeen Mom sat me down at her make up table and silently started to curl my shoulder length. this was her inference that I needed a haircut but numerous times previous had stated she planned on me being a girl.

In my twenties was out with friends, one asked his girlfriend which one of us would make the prettiest girl? She looked at each of us then stared straight at me "There's no question, you'd be beautiful."

A few years ago my wife and I had discussed piercing my ears, she is in favor of it. a few days later she walked into the room and told me "Most girls have pierced ears, you should too."

Colleen
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Feeling pretty on the inside.

California Dreamin Michaelasfun's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Taylor186 View Post
    Lol, same here.
    Well, go on not believing, you look great!
    Michaela

If you choose not to decide, you still have made a choice. - Rush

I've always thought that I should have been born as a girl. My mom used to call me her precious little one when I was a toddler. I had long curly hair and remember crying when it was time to have it cut. Even when I was a teenager she kept reminding me of how I was her favorite little girl.

I used to get called ma'am all the time when I was a young man. This really annoyed me at the time because I was trying to be uber macho. (Hiding my natural female tendencies) So I grew a lot of facial hair. That helped, but I still got mistaken for a woman from time to time. Ah, if only ...

Just do it already! DaisyLawrence's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by CynthiaD View Post
    I grew a lot of facial hair. That helped, but I still got mistaken for a woman from time to time. Ah, if only ...
    You got mistaken for a woman when you had a beard! What? Seriously?

mini kilted chick t-girlxsophie's Avatar
    Nope,can't say I've ever had that happen to me,not then and not now

Sophie
    We look to Scotland,for all our Ideas of Civilisation-Voltaire

========================================

A woman who loves to wear beautiful clothes is like a flower.
    A man who loves to emulate these women is a special flower-a rose
    Facebook:Sophie Johnson

Aspiring Member dana digs sweaters's Avatar
    Nope, not even when young and having crossdressed numerous times

I think so many of these comments heard from women saying in effect members 'would make a good girl' reflect the GGs understanding that there is a defined look, and so much of it is clothes and grooming as the badge of 'girlhood'. To make e a boy into a girl helps prove the point that it is not innate. THey are willing to share girl status, as well, which is so sweet.
    We are all beautiful...!

Actually numerous times over my lifetime.. as a kid i was told quite often i caught a ball like a girl and on occasion that i walk like a girl.. i understood what they meant by the catching but not the walking and even though Becky had yet to emerge for whatever reason it didn't concern me at all so the teasing kind of feel flat. Years ago at work a woman told me i had woman's legs, i said thank you and said to her they are even better in heels, she just laughed. Then I've been told a few times i have girls lips whatever that means.
    A.K.A Rebecca & Bec

Quote Originally Posted by DaisyLawrence View Post
    You got mistaken for a woman when you had a beard! What? Seriously?
    Yes, it happened. From a distance, of course, or people not looking straight at me. "Oh, sorry. I thought you were a woman," when they looked closer. I've gotten ma'amed in male mode recently as well, and I'm bald as an egg. But these days I don't mind.